CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Future of SEC East (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203062)

Ericvol2096 01-11-2014 05:38 PM

Re: Future of SEC East
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Biocockanics (Post 4055872)
You can have the state of Tennessee's recruits...wouldn't win you the ACC with that short bus roster.

According to Rivals, Tennessee has as much if not more top talent than the state of South Carolina the past two cycles.

Check it out yourself.

TN HS Talent
2014
2 five stars
7 four stars
2013
2 five stars
8 four stars

SC HS Talent
2014
0 five stars
10 four stars
2013
0 five stars
5 four stars

It is shaping up to be a record year for TN HS talent in 2015 too...it is improving VERY VERY fast.

Ericvol2096 01-11-2014 05:41 PM

Re: Future of SEC East
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by trapper82 (Post 4055902)
http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...jones/1873421/

"The Vols find themselves mired in more than $200 million of debt, the most in the SEC, with reserves of just $1.95 million, the least in the conference."

From Jan. 2013. Guess I am just making it up.

No I was claiming you were. It has just been drastically improved in the past year and now that there has been many changes to our budget, it isn't going to be a problem going forward.

U-Dub Gamecock 01-11-2014 06:00 PM

Re: Future of SEC East
 
As long as SOS is there, Carolina will win at least 8 games every year....

Ericvol2096 01-11-2014 06:11 PM

Re: Future of SEC East
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock (Post 4055920)
As long as SOS is there, Carolina will win at least 8 games every year....

At this point, with the way the East is, I don't see SC dipping below 9/10 range till Spurrier retires.

I think he wants Bear Bryants record, which he is within 30 of I believe.

After that he may hang it up soon thereafter.

U-Dub Gamecock 01-11-2014 06:23 PM

Re: Future of SEC East
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 (Post 4055933)
At this point, with the way the East is, I don't see SC dipping below 9/10 range till Spurrier retires.

I think he wants Bear Bryants record, which he is within 30 of I believe.

After that he may hang it up soon thereafter.

I kinda though Charlie Strong would be the next coach here, until he went to the other UT... When SOS retires, the next coach HAS to be a splash hire... If not, USC might fall back to 6-7 win team.

CockOla 01-11-2014 06:28 PM

Re: Future of SEC East
 
Eric: Vandy has been better than UT the last three years. What makes you think you/UT can even pass Vandy in the order of SEC East relevance by 2015? Are you not underestimating that USC/other SEC East teams could out-recruit UT in the years to come? Time will tell but I do not see a thing that points to UT winning more than 5 -7 games a year the next 3 years.

Ericvol2096 01-11-2014 06:35 PM

Re: Future of SEC East
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CockOla (Post 4055951)
Eric: Vandy has been better than UT the last three years. What makes you think you/UT can even pass Vandy in the order of SEC East relevance by 2015? Are you not underestimating that USC/other SEC East teams could out-recruit UT in the years to come? Time will tell but I do not see a thing that points to UT winning more than 5 -7 games a year the next 3 years.

Well they just lost their coach??? Maybe?

Look at Vandy's schedule the last 3 years, they only beat two teams with a winning record in 3 years in the SEC.

I think Franklin worked wonders doing what he did at Vandy with those advantages, but overall the Vandy resurgence is a bit of an illusion.

They are going to be fighting with Kentucky in the cellar again, starting next year. Mark that down.

Spurrier_Superior_One 01-11-2014 06:58 PM

Re: Future of SEC East
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock (Post 4055947)
I kinda though Charlie Strong would be the next coach here, until he went to the other UT... When SOS retires, the next coach HAS to be a splash hire... If not, USC might fall back to 6-7 win team.

When the HBC does retire, USC will have coaches busting down the door to get hired.

U-Dub Gamecock 01-11-2014 07:00 PM

Re: Future of SEC East
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One (Post 4055977)
When the HBC does retire, USC will have coaches busting down the door to get hired.

Needs to be the right hire...

Thenardier 01-11-2014 07:02 PM

Re: Future of SEC East
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Biocockanics (Post 4055872)
You can have the state of Tennessee's recruits...wouldn't win you the ACC with that short bus roster.

It has a heck of a lot better recruits than South Carolina.

CockOla 01-11-2014 07:25 PM

Re: Future of SEC East
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 (Post 4055958)
Well they just lost their coach??? Maybe?

Look at Vandy's schedule the last 3 years, they only beat two teams with a winning record in 3 years in the SEC.

I think Franklin worked wonders doing what he did at Vandy with those advantages, but overall the Vandy resurgence is a bit of an illusion.

They are going to be fighting with Kentucky in the cellar again, starting next year. Mark that down.

Until UT actually begins to win games I believe it's UT and not Vandy that will be fighting with Kentucky in the cellar again. Coaches come and go but Franklin didn't get fired or dump Vandy after one year stint with Vandy--like Kiffin reasonably did UT. When was the last time UT was of any relevance. Just remember you can't be bringing in 32 recruits every year. Best you chill until you have something to cheer about about UT football. More importantly let's enjoy our sunny days here without polluting our space with the stinking UT second arrival. Peace!

Check-out SEC East standings to confirm. Despite horrible Florida season UT finished behind them.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...sec-conference

803scdantes 01-11-2014 07:35 PM

Re: Future of SEC East
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4055982)
It has a heck of a lot better recruits than South Carolina.

Not the school the state. Tn has to recruit outside of the state of tn because there aren't a lot of high quality guys playing hs football in tn.

Thenardier 01-11-2014 07:40 PM

Re: Future of SEC East
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 803scdantes (Post 4056000)
Not the school the state. Tn has to recruit outside of the state of tn because there aren't a lot of high quality guys playing hs football in tn.

I was talking about the state. Past few years the quality has gone up. Plenty of recruits in Memphis, Nashville, and Chattanooga.

ReadR00ster 01-11-2014 08:02 PM

Re: Future of SEC East
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4055982)
It has a heck of a lot better recruits than South Carolina.

Um Clowney? Lattimore? AJ Greene? Daqwan Bowers? Alshon Jeffery? Sidney Rice? The Ellingtons? You really think TN is anywhere near SC in Talent?

Thenardier 01-11-2014 08:14 PM

Re: Future of SEC East
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4056026)
Um Clowney? Lattimore? AJ Greene? Daqwan Bowers? Alshon Jeffery? Sidney Rice? The Ellingtons? You really think TN is anywhere near SC in Talent?

I was talking about this year.

MikeTrainNC8 01-11-2014 09:11 PM

Re: Future of SEC East
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4056037)
I was talking about this year.

Erik what joy do you get out of trolling, doesn't it get old?

Look at the talent we are bringing in the next year, including shamiek

BleedsGarnet 01-11-2014 10:24 PM

Re: Future of SEC East
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4055862)
It's up there with SC fans saying that next year will be their year.

That horseshoe getting pulled out hurt pretty bad didn't it?

The Vol is somewhat right though. I warned everyone this year that Tennessee would be a problem for us if we didn't perform well. Tennessee also, after the Bama game, was a completely different team. They lost 7 or 9 starters off that team during the game. No way you replace that during mid season, I don't care who you are.

As far as Butch Davis being their "Savior". Not quite buying it, he'll definitely keep you off the bottom, and he'll also keep you off the top. 5 years from now Vol nation will be hit with sanctions left and right from the NCAA because of ole Butch.

As far as for Spurrier leaving. Don't count us out on not being able to land a coach. We'll have the money to entice anyone we want, and Spurrier will also go to bat for us, much like Lou did when he retired.

UF was nothing before spurrier came, with Miami, Florida, and now Texas being all up in their recruiting zones, I don't expect UF to be that great in the near future, no matter the coach.

UGA will always be in the mix simply because Money. While they may not be Texas, UGA has a method in determining school wealth that actually lowers their total rank in "wealthiest schools" quite a bit. Kind of like what politicians are doing in with the economic numbers only in reverse. UGA is a very, very wealthy school.

Vandy, UK, and Mizzou I can agree with you on.

cockybreeyan 01-11-2014 10:48 PM

Re: Future of SEC East
 
Kinda sucks to see James Franklin go. I love having good coaches in conference. Makes us better.

boness 01-11-2014 11:38 PM

Re: Future of SEC East
 
IMHO the most important ingrediant for Tn is patience, which is an ingrediant they have lacked for a long time.
Fulmer ws there a long time however walking the plank his final two seasons. Change ws in the air.
Tn had 4 coaches in 6 yrs and must show conviction and establish stability. N

wincocks84 01-12-2014 07:23 AM

Re: Future of SEC East
 
I'm not gonna rag on you for being a fan and getting excited about your team's future. But if Spurrier continues to win 10+ games a year he may stay 10 more years. I fully expect Carolina to at least make it back to Atlanta a couple more times while he is here. After that, I think we promote someone from within honestly. And I fully expect our success to continue. Spurrier is not the best recruiter for us anyways.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.