CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Official Sochi 2014 XXII Winter Olympiad Thread (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203813)

nicstockman 02-03-2014 10:35 PM

2014 Winter Olympics
 
Let's talk Olympics. What's your favorite sport/event to watch? Who do you think is going to take the Gold.

I personally like Shaun White - he's a crowd favorite. Also really enjoy watching curling for some odd reason.

Regalcock 02-03-2014 10:36 PM

Re: 2014 Winter Olympics
 
I like all of the snowboarding, skiing, and speed skating.

carolina2010 02-03-2014 10:45 PM

Re: 2014 Winter Olympics
 
Bobsledding

Cockypantherfan 02-03-2014 11:31 PM

Re: 2014 Winter Olympics
 
I enjoy speed skating, curling (oddly enough as well), and my favorite sport is Olympic hockey.

ColaCock 02-03-2014 11:37 PM

Re: 2014 Winter Olympics
 
I'm more concerned with the non-sport aspect of these Olympics right now. Safety seems like a huge question mark so far and they don't seem prepared to host in general...like 8 hotels built to accommodate visitors still aren't finished yet.

Also, I was reading an article the other day and saw a bizarre event that happened in Beijing that seemed to get zero world press- the father of an American Olympian was stabbed to death and the assailant jumped to his death right after. Does ANYONE remember reading about that?

Spur's Addiction 02-04-2014 07:01 AM

Re: 2014 Winter Olympics
 
Snowboarding, freestyle skiing, downhill skiing, bobsledding are probably my favorite

I also enjoy watching the short track speed skating.

Legalman72 02-04-2014 08:35 AM

Re: 2014 Winter Olympics
 
I like the hot curler babes. Many tappables at the Vancouver games.

ShutTheSuccop 02-04-2014 08:48 AM

Re: 2014 Winter Olympics
 
My favorite events would be short track speed skating and curling

markp_vip 02-04-2014 10:50 AM

Re: 2014 Winter Olympics
 
Hockey, curling, speed skating, and biathlon.

B-G 02-04-2014 10:52 AM

Re: 2014 Winter Olympics
 
Men's Hockey.

F Sidney Crosby.

bigdog2003 02-04-2014 10:56 AM

Re: 2014 Winter Olympics
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColaCock (Post 4078672)
I'm more concerned with the non-sport aspect of these Olympics right now. Safety seems like a huge question mark so far and they don't seem prepared to host in general...like 8 hotels built to accommodate visitors still aren't finished yet.

Also, I was reading an article the other day and saw a bizarre event that happened in Beijing that seemed to get zero world press- the father of an American Olympian was stabbed to death and the assailant jumped to his death right after. Does ANYONE remember reading about that?

I remember that happening, it didn't get as much coverage as you would think it would. Something like that happening at the Olympics would get more coverage you would think.

I hope nothing like that happens this year with all the safety concerns over there.

As for my favorite sport, curling. Don't ask why because I have no idea why I like it.

Luke Skycocker 02-04-2014 11:07 AM

Re: 2014 Winter Olympics
 
Hockey.

The summer Olympics have much better events than the winter variety though

markymark550 02-04-2014 11:29 AM

Re: 2014 Winter Olympics
 
Not a big fan of the winter games. I hope the US participants do well, nationalistic pride and all, but I won't be upset if I don't get.to see any of the events.

B-G 02-04-2014 11:34 AM

Re: 2014 Winter Olympics
 
I actually like ice hockey in the winter better than basketball in the summer (even if we don't win) because all the games are competitive. (That we are in)

markp_vip 02-04-2014 12:39 PM

Re: 2014 Winter Olympics
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by B-G (Post 4078921)
I actually like ice hockey in the winter better than basketball in the summer (even if we don't win) because all the games are competitive. (That we are in)

Yeah It's hard to get too excited about Olympic hoops, not much upside when it's assumed you will win gold everytime. With Hockey there are always a handful of teams that could win it all.

Acockolypse Now 02-04-2014 12:44 PM

Re: 2014 Winter Olympics
 
I expect them to be a blast.

ktguen 02-04-2014 01:20 PM

Re: 2014 Winter Olympics
 
Can't wait! I love figure skating, bobsled, speed skating and snowboarding. The halfpipe is always fun to watch.

Did you know this is the first year of Olympic women's ski jumping ever? I knew ski jumping was there, but I never realized it was only males. They have also added a team figure skating event, where each country competes as a team in addition to individually.

The Yancey 02-04-2014 01:22 PM

Re: 2014 Winter Olympics
 
I'm fond of the wardrobe malfunctions.

ktguen 02-04-2014 01:30 PM

Re: 2014 Winter Olympics
 
This is also the first year that there is a full day of competition before the Opening Ceremonies.

PS We should move this to the Locker Room!

B-G 02-04-2014 01:45 PM

Re: 2014 Winter Olympics
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by markp_vip (Post 4078970)
Yeah It's hard to get too excited about Olympic hoops, not much upside when it's assumed you will win gold everytime. With Hockey there are always a handful of teams that could win it all.

Yea.

I mean we have a legit chance at gold, and the games will be competitive. (Unlike the basketball games of recent)
I guess there's a little different pride associated with Olympic gold in Hockey, because let's face it, no one cares about winning gold in basketball.
I expect us Sweden or Canada to win it.

I know Russia is favored but they always choke and are soft.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.