CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   UFO Sightings (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207798)

RoyalAir 07-09-2014 09:51 AM

Re: UFO Sightings

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4198278)
Art Bell use to get me through many nights at work years ago. Real or not, it was interesting.

If even a third of what's on Art Bell/George Noory is legitimate, we live in a far stranger world than most of us realize.

Cocky Doodle 07-09-2014 09:57 AM

In the words of Buzz (cool name btw).....

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/buzz-a...224121618.html

Cock Kool-Aid 07-09-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travelin (Post 4198357)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eet-plane.html

--------------------------------

Aliens have contacted humans several times but governments have hidden the truth for 60 years, the sixth man to walk on the moon has claimed.

Apollo 14 astronaut Dr Edgar Mitchell, said he was aware of many UFO visits to Earth during his career with NASA but each one was covered up.
Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'
He said supposedly real-life ET's were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head.
Chillingly, he claimed our technology is 'not nearly as sophisticated' as theirs and "had they been hostile", he warned 'we would be been gone by now'.
Dr Mitchell, along with with Apollo 14 commander Alan Shepard, holds the record for the longest ever moon walk, at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.
'I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real,' Dr Mitchell said.
'It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-60-years.html

This guy's wiki seems to indicate that he is a quack.

usc1 07-09-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid (Post 4198457)

Indeed he is. Turns out it was a load of crap.

Quote:

In an interview for AskMen published March 6, 2014, Mitchell said he had never seen a UFO, that no one had ever threatened him over his claims regarding UFOs, and that any statements about a worldwide cabal covering up UFOs was "just speculation on my part."[

Travelin 07-09-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid (Post 4198457)

He's not doing himself any favors in his retirement...:lol:

Quote:

Since his retirement, Mr Mitchell has devoted much of his life to exploring the mind, physics, the possibility of space aliens and ways of linking religion with scientific fact.
This is actually the problem, though. Anytime someone credible comes out and says they believe in UFO's, they immediately lose a lot of the credibility that took them years to build up. It tarnishes their reputation. This Mitchell guy is definitely a few cards short of a full deck, but not all these guys that speak up are wacko's.

I suppose we will all have to wait until Big Gov wants to tell people what they know. If we live that long.

Personally, I find it crazier to think that there isn't life on another planet. Or that we haven't been visited by other life forms. I've always felt that way.

Cock Kool-Aid 07-09-2014 11:33 AM

It is highly probable that there is other life in the universe...

Has other life visited our planet? I have no idea and the answer could easily be no IMO.

Gamecocks1137 07-09-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travelin (Post 4198494)
He's not doing himself any favors in his retirement...:lol:

This is actually the problem, though. Anytime someone credible comes out and says they believe in UFO's, they immediately lose a lot of the credibility that took them years to build up. It tarnishes their reputation. This Mitchell guy is definitely a few cards short of a full deck, but not all these guys that speak up are wacko's.

I suppose we will all have to wait until Big Gov wants to tell people what they know. If we live that long.

Personally, I find it crazier to think that there isn't life on another planet. Or that we haven't been visited by other life forms. I've always felt that way.

Yep, it is mighty funny that as soon as some one with a high reputation comes out about Aliens, all of a sudden the government claims they have a mental problem. LOL The guy was apparently smart enough to walk on the moon.

spareparts 07-10-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid (Post 4198505)
It is highly probable that there is other life in the universe...

Has other life visited our planet? I have no idea and the answer could easily be no IMO.

It could just as easily be yes. There are some completely unexplainable phenomena that have occurred on our planet even in our history, not to mention in the distant past before the modern age.

The Yancey 07-10-2014 08:04 PM

Travelin 07-11-2014 05:37 AM

ASTRONAUTS
"I believe that these extraterrestrial vehicles and their crews are visiting this planet from other planets which obviously are a little more technically advanced than we are here on Earth." — Colonel Gordon Cooper, Mercury & Gemini Astronaut
"I happen to be privileged enough to be in on the fact that we have been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomenon is real. It has been covered up by governments for quite some time now." — Captain Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut
"...I've been asked [about UFOs] and I've said publicly I thought they [UFOs] were somebody else, some other civilization." — Astronaut Eugene Cernan, Apollo 17 Commander
"Mission control, we have a UFO pacing our position, request instructions." — Astronaut Cady Coleman
"I was testing a P-51 fighter in Minneapolis when I spotted this object. [...] It looked like a saucer, a disk. About the same time, I realized that it was suddenly going away from me - and there I was, running at about 300 miles per hour. I tracked it for a little way, and then all of a sudden the damn thing just took off. It pulled about a 45 degree climbing turn and accelerated and just flat disappeared." — Captain Donald Slayton, Mercury Astronaut
"Statistically it's a certainty there are hugely advanced civilizations, intelligence, life forms out there. I believe they're so advanced they're even doing interstellar travel. I believe it's possible they even came here." — Dr. Storey Musgrave, NASA Astronaut
"For nearly 50 years, the secrecy apparatus within the United States Government has kept from the public UFO and alien contact information." "We have contact with alien cultures." — Astronaut Dr. Brian O'Leary
"In my official status, I cannot comment on ET contact. However, personally, I can assure you, we are not alone!" — Charles J. Camarda (Ph.D.), NASA Astronaut

----------------------------------------------------------------

NASA, CIA, ARMY, AIR FORCE ETC

"Unknown objects are operating under intelligent control... It is imperative that we learn where UFOs come from and what their purpose is..." (1)
"Behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about the UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe that unknown flying objects are nonsense." (2)
Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter, first Director of the CIA, 1947-1950
"We had a job to do, wether right or wrong, to keep the public from getting excited." (2) — Dr. J. Allen Hynek, Scientific consultant for Air Force Project Blue Book
"Of course UFOs are real, and they are interplanetary. The cumulative evidence for the existence of UFOs is quite overwhelming and I accept the fact of their existence."
Air Chief Marshall Lord Hugh Dowding, Commanding Officer of the Royal Air Force during WWII "Let there be no doubt. Alien technology harvested from the infamous saucer crash in Roswell, N.Mex., in July 1947 led directly to the development of the integrated circuit chip, laser and fibre optic technologies, particle beams, electromagnetic propulsion systems, depleted uranium projectiles, stealth capabilities, and many others. How do I know? I was in charge! I think the kids on this planet are wise to the truth, and I think we ought to give it to them. I think they deserve it."
Colonel Philip Corso, Former head of the Foreign Technology Desk for United States Army Research and Development, National Security Council member, Eisenhower Administration.

http://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/c...evidence_that/

MisterClowney 07-11-2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travelin (Post 4199547)

From this link, you will find this link:

http://i.imgur.com/bREig.jpg

Which is an "official FBI document." Whether it's official or not - I have no idea. But if aliens have visited before, I think it makes the most sense that it they are not from "planets" that we can perceive but are "extra-dimensional" beings as the document describes.

I think that if a group of beings (that live in our dimension) had the technology and took the initiative to travel hundreds of lightyears to visit earth, they wouldn't simply be flying around to check out the scenery.. I also don't think we'd stand a chance against an army of aliens like in the movies.

Travelin 07-11-2014 11:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterClowney (Post 4199639)
From this link, you will find this link:

http://i.imgur.com/bREig.jpg

Which is an "official FBI document." Whether it's official or not - I have no idea. But if aliens have visited before, I think it makes the most sense that it they are not from "planets" that we can perceive but are "extra-dimensional" beings as the document describes.

I think that if a group of beings (that live in our dimension) had the technology and took the initiative to travel hundreds of lightyears to visit earth, they wouldn't simply be flying around to check out the scenery.. I also don't think we'd stand a chance against an army of aliens like in the movies.

Good find, I hadn't gotten that far...

Without more info, we just don't know. My guess would be they aren't interested in destroying us unless we do something to threaten their existence.

Also, maybe lightyears to us is a 3 day road trip to them...

A. Pilgrim 07-11-2014 11:12 AM

Y'all are looking at this all wrong. You should definitely check out the Fermi Paradox link I posted in another thread.

Example; when America was "discovered" did we stop to alert the ants on the continent to our arrival? No, because they were inconsequential to our mission, and they likely weren't "aware" of our arrival anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travelin 07-11-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim (Post 4199676)
Y'all are looking at this all wrong. You should definitely check out the Fermi Paradox link I posted in another thread.

Example; when America was "discovered" did we stop to alert the ants on the continent to our arrival? No, because they were inconsequential to our mission, and they likely weren't "aware" of our arrival anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you paste the link here, please?

A. Pilgrim 07-11-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travelin (Post 4199678)
Can you paste the link here, please?

http://waitbutwhy.com/2014/05/fermi-paradox.html

warning- long, but fascinating, read.

Travelin 05-05-2015 08:26 AM

A good one from a few days ago in San Diego.

Last week

The Yancey 05-17-2015 08:18 AM

This Object Has Been Orbiting The Earth For 50 Years, But No One Knows What It Is

http://images.viralnova.com/000/178/...1431459040.jpg

http://www.viralnova.com/black-knigh...llite/?mb=fbko

cocky0 05-18-2015 12:23 PM

UFOs and Alien Conspiracy crap has always been a fun idea to me. For those who miss the old Art Bell show, you might want to check out The Mysterious Universe podcast. It's a couple of Aussie dudes who talk about all the weird supernatural stuff. It's pretty good once you get past the crappy music.

2000grad 05-18-2015 02:11 PM

I think people get UFOs confused with ETIs

The Yancey 05-28-2015 06:20 PM

https://scontent-atl1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...5d&oe=55EE7E28