CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Four clemson players suspended vs UGA (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204648)

boowilliam4 03-04-2014 03:00 PM

Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
http://www.tigernet.com/update/playe...-Georgia-15151

cockymac 03-04-2014 03:07 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Just saw the text from espn on it. It didn't say why, though. Must have been pretty bad, since they usually swipe stuff under the rug.

5keeter3 03-04-2014 03:09 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Quote:

Dabo Swinney said that "they didn't rob a bank, but did break team rules and will pay the consequences."
I am so glad we have a coach that will not let these things slide.



Wait, against Georgia? WTH COACH! Why not wait a week until we have SC State?

5keeter3 03-04-2014 03:10 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cockymac (Post 4104308)
Just saw the text from espn on it. It didn't say why, though. Must have been pretty bad, since they usually swipe stuff under the rug.

Whatever...don't make me bring up discounted lodging at hotels! Like that is something the general public can get.

Thundercocks- Ho! 03-04-2014 03:11 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
This will probably be sited as one of many reasons they "didn't really lose" to Georgia come August.

usc1 03-04-2014 03:12 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Those are some important players...guess it just evens the playing field since UGA will have some players missing also.

boowilliam4 03-04-2014 03:13 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thundercocks- Ho! (Post 4104317)
This will probably be sited as one of many reasons they "didn't really lose" to Georgia come August.

EXACTLY!

robgusc76 03-04-2014 03:16 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5keeter3 (Post 4104311)
I am so glad we have a coach that will not let these things slide.



Wait, against Georgia? WTH COACH! Why not wait a week until we have SC State?

Come on dude. Watkins was caught with a controlled substance and only missed two games. Thats a felony for most people. Clemson has had two players arrested for domestic violence and one of them remained on the team. Give me a break.

donbgamecock 03-04-2014 03:18 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5keeter3 (Post 4104314)
Whatever...don't make me bring up discounted lodging at hotels! Like that is something the general public can get.


Have fun with it dude. 4 oranges get squeezed for doing the wrong thing. I hate it for you man.

gamecockphan 03-04-2014 03:18 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Those dumbass Cl3m5on fans think the players are getting suspended for not showing up to support the baseball and basketball team this weekend.

robgusc76 03-04-2014 03:18 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5keeter3 (Post 4104314)
Whatever...don't make me bring up discounted lodging at hotels! Like that is something the general public can get.

Hotel lodging and NCAA problems are not discipline issues, and if you recall, one of those players was kicked off the team permanently. BUt its cool, you twist stuff to help your cause. Continue on.

5keeter3 03-04-2014 03:19 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by robgusc76 (Post 4104321)
Come on dude. Watkins was caught with a controlled substance and only missed two games. Thats a felony for most people. Clemson has had two players arrested for domestic violence and one of them remained on the team. Give me a break.

Allegedly. In the USA you are innocent until PROVEN guilty. Not like they have it on tape, slick.

Acockolypse Now 03-04-2014 03:21 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
OK.

So we know they didn't rob a bank.

Everything else seems to be still on the table.

Cockypantherfan 03-04-2014 03:22 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by robgusc76 (Post 4104321)
Come on dude. Watkins was caught with a controlled substance and only missed two games. Thats a felony for most people. Clemson has had two players arrested for domestic violence and one of them remained on the team. Give me a break.

Quote:

Originally Posted by donbgamecock (Post 4104323)
Have fun with it dude. 4 oranges get squeezed for doing the wrong thing. I hate it for you man.

There were a couple nibbles!

treys1986 03-04-2014 03:23 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Y'all are biting hard on 5keeter. Notice the 5 instead of S

boowilliam4 03-04-2014 03:24 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Mark Richt is going to 5keeter all over Dabos face.

Spurz 03-04-2014 03:25 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Wow, that's a bunch of guys. I didn't know Dabo had it in him.

usc1 03-04-2014 03:28 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
People fall for the 5keeter everytime. Love it. Good work:clap:

Beano Cook 03-04-2014 03:28 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
What ever happened to Rod McDowell and the bag full of cash that was stolen from the car he was driving.The owner of the car was supposedly going to sue the police dept.Anyone hear how it turned out?

Cockypantherfan 03-04-2014 03:32 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beano Cook (Post 4104343)
What ever happened to Rod McDowell and the bag full of cash that was stolen from the car he was driving.The owner of the car was supposedly going to sue the police dept.Anyone hear how it turned out?

Sammy Watkins actually had the bag of money and thought he could get away because he would "shock the world" and run as fast as Sonic the Hedgehog, but it turns out he isn't that fast and he was easily caught.

ReadR00ster 03-04-2014 03:42 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
I think it's going to be rough year for Clemson. I hope we don't lose Dabo.

snoopy 03-04-2014 03:48 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Clemson fans fail to remember that Georgia played against them short-handed last year, and their running backs were injured. Dabo does not have a history of sitting his players for an important game (it usually is pushed to a smaller game or he spreads it out where the players will not all be out the same game) this would indicate that there may be more to this. Maybe they are working to save a longer sentence from the NCAA by self reporting and self punishment.

spareparts 03-04-2014 03:50 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now (Post 4104330)
OK.

So we know they didn't rob a bank.

Everything else seems to be still on the table.

Methamphetamine manufacturing with intent to distribute
Racketeering
Tax evasion
Vehicular homicide

FearThethumbandDJ 03-04-2014 03:58 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5keeter3 (Post 4104326)
Allegedly. In the USA you are innocent until PROVEN guilty. Not like they have it on tape, slick.

You better tell the taters that. Theyve already crucified them.

bigdawg77 03-04-2014 04:08 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
oh really....

uscGRAD04 03-04-2014 04:12 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Four Players Suspended: Clemson to play with Peters Out.

(stole that from taternet)

COCKDIESEL 03-04-2014 04:24 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
I sure hope that poor girl is alright.

MWard 03-04-2014 05:01 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Oh dear, what did those tater thugs do now? I hope nobody was hurt. Are all the towel rods accounted for? Have any cops been fired yet?

Carolina Carlos 03-04-2014 05:06 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
I BET THEY WER SELLING CRACK!

JoeMorrisonLives 03-04-2014 05:24 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5keeter3 (Post 4104314)
Whatever...don't make me bring up discounted lodging at hotels! Like that is something the general public can get.

We self reported.

usc90grad 03-04-2014 05:42 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
I didn't think farm animals could talk.

SanAntonioCock 03-04-2014 06:04 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc90grad (Post 4104509)
I didn't think farm animals could talk.

They filmed it.

jch81 03-04-2014 06:15 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by snoopy (Post 4104376)
Clemson fans fail to remember that Georgia played against them short-handed last year, and their running backs were injured. Dabo does not have a history of sitting his players for an important game (it usually is pushed to a smaller game or he spreads it out where the players will not all be out the same game) this would indicate that there may be more to this. Maybe they are working to save a longer sentence from the NCAA by self reporting and self punishment.

Georgia actually had everyone healthy going against them when the game started. It isn't Clemson or Dabo's fault that all their players started dropping like flies. Also please point to an instance of suspending a player for a smaller game.

Sir Cuss 03-04-2014 06:17 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
No. Harvey-Clemmons was out, and if you watch the videos, almost all non-screen passing plays went to his replacement.

Sir Cuss 03-04-2014 06:18 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Sorry, I know that's confusing: "non-screen."

Sir Cuss 03-04-2014 06:20 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jch81 (Post 4104544)
Georgia actually had everyone healthy going against them when the game started. It isn't Clemson or Dabo's fault that all their players started dropping like flies. Also please point to an instance of suspending a player for a smaller game.

Last thing: remember this point after Georgia beats you (and after we stomp Georgia, because I know all you taters will respond with "uga will beat y'all" once you lose; you have a hard time accepting the truth).

trapper82 03-04-2014 06:37 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jch81 (Post 4104544)
Georgia actually had everyone healthy going against them when the game started. It isn't Clemson or Dabo's fault that all their players started dropping like flies. Also please point to an instance of suspending a player for a smaller game.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard a clempson fan say they beat a "healthy Georgia" last year I would be sitting pretty. Thank you for admitting the team you played had some serious injuries come up during play.

cockywill09 03-04-2014 06:45 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5keeter3 (Post 4104311)
I am so glad we have a coach that will not let these things slide.



Wait, against Georgia? WTH COACH! Why not wait a week until we have SC State?

Haha suck it douche bags...0-1

MisterClowney 03-04-2014 06:46 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
BUT THEY'RE A FAMILY! NO ONE DOES ANYTHING WRONG IN THE FAMILY.

Regalcock 03-04-2014 06:54 PM

Re: Four clemson players suspended vs UGA
 
5keeter3 with some nice work.

I especially liked the part about Sammy and them not having film on it. Lol.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.