CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Worst shows on television (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207693)

Roosterboy 07-02-2014 03:30 PM

Re: Worst shows on television

Quote:

Originally Posted by St. Louis Gamecock (Post 4194850)
Duck Dynasty and their cousins, Honey Boo Boo, both suck. Note to the Ducksters - you guys ever heard of a bar of soap?

Duck Dynasty is just an absolute marketing joke.
It makes me sad the fans of the show don't realize how down they are being played too.
Credit the guys in it for finding a way to make a buck (I don't think the main guys are near as stupid as they let on), but damn I feel like I lose an IQ point when I walk past just the merchandise being worn by people in public.

Roosterboy 07-02-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlakelyH19 (Post 4194795)
This is easy.....Glee

YES....1000Xs yes.
The only show I know where a feminine gay guy can play a feminine gay guy and it be considered acting. Plus, if I wanted to here those songs they are doing karoke versions of...I'd pull up the song by the actual artist and listen to it whenever I damn well please.

Roosterboy 07-02-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlGamecock3307 (Post 4194811)
My gf loves Dance Moms. I literally have to leave the room when it's on bc it makes me cringe so bad and feel sorry for the little girls who's moms are reliving their childhoods through them... Pretty sure it's on TLC. Oh the "learning" channel, what happened...

That is right up there with the show Football Dads (or whatever the hell it is called). Literally, the exact same damn show, except they have pathetic sap dads who live out their glory days through their sons.

uscjeremynca 07-02-2014 03:39 PM

Welcome to the dumbing down of America. Not only do we use less of our brains watching TV than when we sleep, we are getting dumber and lazier by watching this garbage. If it wasn't for sports (and intelligent shows on PBS), I would throw my TV away. American TV is truly garbage and we are becoming dumber for watching this crap.

I don't know if the people coming up with these show ideas or stupid or geniuses because people are watching. However, they should be prosecuted for making Americans dumber, lazier, and fatter.

Cock Kool-Aid 07-02-2014 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roosterboy (Post 4195148)
It is hard to go wrong with those channels.
Not everything they have put out is gold, but I can at least say it is original and they are actually trying.

Case in point: Not really a big fan of Turn on AMC...tried it, didn't hook me. But at least it is something mildly different. Or another one..Wilfred on FX..again, tried it, didn't hook me, but I can say it is original and the creators and writers try.

Those channels actually try and do things that are unique, cleverly written, and usually of decent production quality... for the most part. IMO.

Like you said, they aren't all amazing or my cup of tea necessarily, but they are atleast putting out a quality product usually.

GamecockInHell 07-02-2014 04:01 PM

I don't know if I have watched anything on network TV in the past ten years. I've never seen 24, or dancing with the stars, or lost or survival, or any of the so-called comedy shows, other than a few re-runs of the big bang theory. I usually watch the sports channels or the pay channels.

Roosterboy 07-02-2014 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscjeremynca (Post 4195162)
Welcome to the dumbing down of America. Not only do we use less of our brains watching TV than when we sleep, we are getting dumber and lazier by watching this garbage. If it wasn't for sports (and intelligent shows on PBS), I would throw my TV away. American TV is truly garbage and we are becoming dumber for watching this crap.

I don't know if the people coming up with these show ideas or stupid or geniuses because people are watching. However, they should be prosecuted for making Americans dumber, lazier, and fatter.

I do watch PBS as well. But I agree...it seems people deciding shows want the easiest, cheapest product to turn the biggest profit...while there are a lot of people trying to break into the industry that probably have good ideas...thank goodness for networks like AMC, FX, HBO and the like that take chances and put production value into the show and the writing. It is the same with big Hollywood productions now.

CarolinaCJAM 07-02-2014 04:32 PM

Welcome to Myrtle Manor

CaptainCock91 07-02-2014 05:35 PM

The Cleveland Show. It's just Family Guy with different characters. They killed off a great show (King of the Hill) to make room for it.

cocky0 07-02-2014 05:51 PM

I'm probably a little too overly selective with my television viewing. I can only count maybe a handful of shows I watch on a regular basis. Of course there normally comes along, once in a while, a show that I enjoy such as Heroes, Lost, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Prison Break, Game of Thrones, etc comes along. Unfortunately a lot of times I find myself catching them towards the tail end of their lifetime or after they have been canceled. And then, of course there are the too early cancellations like Alphas and 4400 which I start watching, get addicted to them, binge watch them, and then find out that the finale cliffhanger I just watched was the last episode.

Pisses me right the hell off, because those get canceled while abortion stains like Honey-Boo-Boo keeps on going.

FearThethumbandDJ 07-02-2014 05:58 PM

Duck Dynasty, it was hot in 2012, but its so bad now.

American Idol as well, put these singing shows out of their misery.

scz71864 07-02-2014 07:14 PM

game of thrones..... that show sucks

said no one ever.....

2000grad 07-02-2014 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscjeremynca (Post 4195115)
I'm very disappointed in your signature pic. Couldn't you find one with all 16 saves? :bow:

LOL...I wish

Roosterboy 07-02-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cocky0 (Post 4195262)
I'm probably a little too overly selective with my television viewing. I can only count maybe a handful of shows I watch on a regular basis. Of course there normally comes along, once in a while, a show that I enjoy such as Heroes, Lost, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Prison Break, Game of Thrones, etc comes along. Unfortunately a lot of times I find myself catching them towards the tail end of their lifetime or after they have been canceled. And then, of course there are the too early cancellations like Alphas and 4400 which I start watching, get addicted to them, binge watch them, and then find out that the finale cliffhanger I just watched was the last episode.

Pisses me right the hell off, because those get canceled while abortion stains like Honey-Boo-Boo keeps on going.

I'll add another (albeit famous) one...Firefly.

GamecockNeal 07-04-2014 12:01 AM

Fox News and reality shows.

Order 66 07-04-2014 11:07 AM

Finding Nothing [bigfoot]

Legalman72 07-04-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamecockNeal (Post 4196207)
Fox News and reality shows.

MSNBC is just as bad. Rush. Al Franken. Bill Maher. All programming designed for sheep.

johnnyb 07-04-2014 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roosterboy (Post 4195426)
I'll add another (albeit famous) one...Firefly.

yep, if you havent watched this you need to, watch them in the order they were written (not the original air order, netflix is in the correct order) then watch the movie Serenity, they did a good job giving closure to the series with it.

Biocockanics 07-04-2014 04:37 PM

Any American "news" show...including ESPN.

Most all reality TV shows with the exception of American Pickers...that show is pretty cool mostly.

Gamecocks1137 07-04-2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biocockanics (Post 4196384)
Any American "news" show...including ESPN.

Most all reality TV shows with the exception of American Pickers...that show is pretty cool mostly.

I enjoy Nightly News with Brian Williams, and their segment "Making a Difference"