CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Do we have any shot against UGA? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209694)

DJ35 08-31-2014 02:18 PM

Re: Do we have any shot against UGA?

I take that back. If we scrap the 3-4 and learn how to cover and tackle we have a small chance.

AikenRooster 08-31-2014 02:33 PM

NO. Georgia is too physical. We're out of shape. Georgia is too disciplined. Georgia knows how to block and tackle well. We do not know how to block and tackle very well. Georgia is determined to run the ball. Spurrier is determined not to run the ball. In a turn of events, Georgia has the week off, and we don't.

As much as I hate Georgia, and I hate them with every molecule of my being(worse than cLIMPson), you have to respect the way they do things, and the way they are ready. We're gonna get trampled, unless:

We get in shape, we learn how to tackle, and we stack the line, on defense, and,

learn how to block and run the football, on offense.

conwaycock2 08-31-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitchcock (Post 4245181)
Of course we have a shot against UGA.

The fans have to be loud.

Our defense probably matches up better against UGA than TAMU, as long as we scrap the 3-4.

On offense HBC can't revert to the chuck and duck, we have to eat yardage, control the ball, and control the clock. We've had games where we basically have the ball an entire quarter, that's what we need to do. Get the lead, control the clock, and try to make them beat us with the pass.

That's as good as it can be said. 100% agree because that's the only way to a potential win other than multiple T/O's. The only really troubling part is even if we make them beat us throwing, I can only remember a few passes that were even contested against A&M. It was just so easy that even a very mediocre QB could make those throws. But the odds are far superior with that than letting those backs run wild.

Carolina4Life 08-31-2014 02:47 PM

Nope

Red Devil 08-31-2014 02:50 PM

After watching Gurley last night, none whatsoever.

sanford 08-31-2014 02:53 PM

I don't think it's just Gurley to worry about.

I think the pass rush of Floyd and Jenkins will be a tougher test than Gurley will be.

18IsTheMan 08-31-2014 03:14 PM

No.

18IsTheMan 08-31-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Devil (Post 4245221)
After watching Gurley last night, none whatsoever.

Don't forget Chubb and Michel. They all looked like studs.

Metalrush24 08-31-2014 03:20 PM

Yes.. We always have a shot. It will just take a near perfect game, most likely.

ReadR00ster 08-31-2014 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metalrush24 (Post 4245258)
Yes.. We always have a shot. It will just take a near perfect game, most likely.

That is why it's impossible, you think the team that playedThursday night is capable of playing a perfect game? They basically couldn't even do the most basic things right.

cockybreeyan 08-31-2014 03:44 PM

For us to have a chance, our DBs need to tackle very well. I won't comment on how I think they'll actually do because I'm tired of being negative, so I'll just live in denial for now

GamecocksWinAnyway 08-31-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 18IsTheMan (Post 4245253)
Don't forget Chubb and Michel. They all looked like studs.

THIS!!! UGAs backs are beast!

usc90grad 08-31-2014 03:48 PM

Stop Gurley and we can beat them.

Metalrush24 08-31-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4245260)
That is why it's impossible, you think the team that playedThursday night is capable of playing a perfect game? They basically couldn't even do the most basic things right.

Who would have thought a team that beat a #1 opponent would go on to lose to Kentucky the next week? It works both ways. The team can have a near perfect game. They have played one game and to say otherwise is foolish.

NinjaSven 08-31-2014 04:19 PM

Of course we have a chance! College football is always rife with upsets. We need to be physically aggressive. I believe we should stack the box and stop the run. If they can run the ball and keep our defense honest, we are in for a long night. We need to score first and create turnovers. We need to make them play from behind, for it seems apparent that we are not capable of doing so. Go Carolina!

NinjaSven 08-31-2014 04:20 PM

I should mention that I believe the UGA is going to win, but we have a chance.

sanford 08-31-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usc90grad (Post 4245280)
Stop Gurley and we can beat them.

just that easy.

GamecockSuperFan 08-31-2014 04:43 PM

don't they have a BYE week before us?

I think the stat may be slightly off but I remember seeing somewhere that Spurrier is like 1-23 when his offense gets less than 100 rushing yards in a game? If we run the ball to setup the pass, and play halfway decent defense we should win. This has pretty much won 33 games in 3 seasons. Marcus showed us what we have to do to win games. Run the damn ball. It's not to say that Spurrier doesn't have the right call on with his passes cause most of the time he does. It's just you have to rely on the QB getting it out on time, the O-line blocking decently, the WR's running a crisp route, timing, etc. With running the ball you can impose your will on a defense and punch them in the mouth. I know we were playing from behind last game but I hope we run early and often. o-line needs to come out pissed.

cockybusiness2 08-31-2014 04:51 PM

First of all. Can we get rid of the 3-4 before next week. Can our defensive coaches come up with a workable game plan. They did not have one against TA&M. That being said, I believe that we have a chance. We did not match up well against T A&M. We match up a lot better against Ga. Football is a game of matchups. I am not predicting a win, at least not yet.
But I really do believe that we have a chance

eightohhthree 08-31-2014 04:53 PM

Im not looking forward to UGA. They look good.