CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Do we have any shot against UGA? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209694)

BlueEagles06 08-31-2014 04:56 PM

Re: Do we have any shot against UGA?
 
No chance in hell we beat them. Only have a 50/50 shot at beating ECU.

Latti 08-31-2014 05:28 PM

Re: Do we have any shot against UGA?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueEagles06 (Post 4245357)
No chance in hell we beat them. Only have a 50/50 shot at beating ECU.


Why don't you go ahead and jump on the dawg bandwagon then?

lake-cityCOCK89 08-31-2014 05:35 PM

Re: Do we have any shot against UGA?
 
We have a chance to win every game we play.

For God's sake its not like we're Kentucky. We've recruited well, we have good coaches, they'll do their job and get it figured out and we'll be very competitive and win some games.

Stop being a bunch of f***ing retards. Grow some balls and be a man about a loss. I swear this board has so many vaginas on it after a loss.

wincocks84 08-31-2014 05:37 PM

Re: Do we have any shot against UGA?
 
Our offensive line looked better than Clemson's and I have to believe that we will find a way to move the ball against their D. This will be the only way we beat them imo. A score on every possesion. As for our Defense. I think we need to play 4 or 5 down linemen. I know our secondary is weak, but they will have to play man. No zone, No prevent.Jam the line for the run and get some pressure in the back field on passes.

NinjaSven 08-31-2014 05:39 PM

Re: Do we have any shot against UGA?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wincocks84 (Post 4245401)
Our offensive line looked better than Clemson's and I have to believe that we will find a way to move the ball against their D. This will be the only way we beat them imo. A score on every possesion. As for our Defense. I think we need to play 4 or 5 down linemen. I know our secondary is weak, but they will have to play man. No zone, No prevent.Jam the line for the run and get some pressure in the back field on passes.

I like the idea of four or five linemen. Using the 3-4 I saw Thursday scares me. I think Gurley and Co. will gash that formation.

lake-cityCOCK89 08-31-2014 05:40 PM

Re: Do we have any shot against UGA?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lake-cityCOCK89 (Post 4245398)
We have a chance to win every game we play.

For God's sake its not like we're Kentucky. We've recruited well, we have good coaches, they'll do their job and get it figured out and we'll be very competitive and win some games.

Stop being a bunch of f***ing retards. Grow some balls and be a man about a loss. I swear this board has so many vaginas on it after a loss.

Now having said that, Gurley looked super last night. IF we can find a way to win on the defensive line then we have a great shot to win that game. UGA didn't appear to be strong on defense again (second half they played good, I think Clemson is in trouble on offense more than UGA is great in defense). We should be able to score, we just have to play solid defense, especially in the red zone.

They'll get yards, they'll score some, we just have to play and hope we come out in the end on top. Hopefully get a turnover or 2. Theyre a very good team though.

lake-cityCOCK89 08-31-2014 05:42 PM

Re: Do we have any shot against UGA?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaSven (Post 4245403)
I like the idea of four or five linemen. Using the 3-4 I saw Thursday scares me. I think Gurley and Co. will gash that formation.

Ward even said preseason that Georgia will be a 4-3 alignment. You have to use it if you want to stop that running game.

The 3-4 just isn't my fav. Alabama ran it well in years past but even they have struggled recently.

GamecockGirl23 08-31-2014 05:44 PM

Re: Do we have any shot against UGA?
 
I would say yes if I had seen anything good defensively..we have ALOT of work to do in a very limited amount of time to even stay in the game with uga..i really hope they can turn things around as soon as possible

NinjaSven 08-31-2014 05:49 PM

Re: Do we have any shot against UGA?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lake-cityCOCK89 (Post 4245405)
Ward even said preseason that Georgia will be a 4-3 alignment. You have to use it if you want to stop that running game.

The 3-4 just isn't my fav. Alabama ran it well in years past but even they have struggled recently.

I'm glad we will do a 4-3. In the 3-4 Thursday we got no push up front at all. That is the thing that scares me most about our D and their impact this season. Getting pressure on the QB and backfield was a huge key in our success the last few seasons.

garnet_black215 08-31-2014 05:51 PM

Re: Do we have any shot against UGA?
 
Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Especially after we lose to ECU.

lake-cityCOCK89 08-31-2014 05:56 PM

Re: Do we have any shot against UGA?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by garnet_black215 (Post 4245416)
Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Especially after we lose to ECU.


Here is a fine example of the stupidity floating around this board

garnet_black215 08-31-2014 06:04 PM

Re: Do we have any shot against UGA?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lake-cityCOCK89 (Post 4245425)
Here is a fine example of the stupidity floating around this board

What's so stupid about it? Nothing I have seen leads me to believe this team is capable of winning either of those games.

rabid cock 08-31-2014 06:26 PM

Re: Do we have any shot against UGA?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lake-cityCOCK89 (Post 4245425)
Here is a fine example of the stupidity floating around this board

It's called losers mentality, and I am glad the team doesn't share the doomsday vibe of this pathetic thread.

jboggs 08-31-2014 07:50 PM

Re: Do we have any shot against UGA?
 
hey do u watch any other football games we will be ok and we will beat ga, we never start off good rember NC last year,navy should have beat OHIO STATE,SO YALL ARE THRHOWING US UNDER THE BUS AALREADY AFTER 1 GAME,ITS THE SAME TEAM THAT WAS SUPOSE TO WIN THE SEC EAST,NOW WE ARNT NO GOOD WHATS UP WITH THAT.JUST LET IT PLAY OUT WATCH IT

usc4lyf 08-31-2014 08:05 PM

Re: Do we have any shot against UGA?
 
Maybe we shouldn't even show up . But I think we have more than a chance.

carolina2010 08-31-2014 08:11 PM

Re: Do we have any shot against UGA?
 
If the defense plays well I like our chances. Linebackers must play there assignments and wrap up. Georgia's dbs didn't impress me against mike Williams. I think jones, Roland, Byrd, Anderson will be tough to handle all game long. Being at home will be huge as well so I'll take USC in a close fight 34-31. Also I think mason cracks under the pressure on the road in a loud wb late in the game.

5lbYardcock 08-31-2014 10:12 PM

Re: Do we have any shot against UGA?
 
We will be fine. Jawja will get theirs.

militarymind17 08-31-2014 10:15 PM

Re: Do we have any shot against UGA?
 
We have ECU this week. One game at a time.:woo:

gamecock88 08-31-2014 10:16 PM

Re: Do we have any shot against UGA?
 
A shot, yes but not much of one.

carolinagator 08-31-2014 10:23 PM

Re: Do we have any shot against UGA?
 
We can beat them but we will need to run a 7,6,5 defense to get it done:lol:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.