CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   Fowl Shots (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   **USC Women vs. Auburn GAME Thread** (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203087)

Luke Skycocker 01-12-2014 04:57 PM

Re: **USC Women vs. Auburn GAME Thread**

GAMECOCKS WIN!!!!!

72-66

TrueCock22 01-12-2014 04:57 PM

Nice road win, auburn is a tough team.

Luke Skycocker 01-12-2014 04:57 PM

Mitchell with 18
Coates with 14 (all first half)
Welch with 10
Dozier and Sessions with 9

ConwayGamecock 01-12-2014 05:02 PM

Great tough road win for the Gamecocks! Every game in the SEC is going to be a battle like this...it will be excellent preparation for the really tough games ahead with the conference title and postseason opportunities in the balance...

chaostheorysc 01-12-2014 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock (Post 4057242)
Great tough road win for the Gamecocks! Every game in the SEC is going to be a battle like this...it will be excellent preparation for the really tough games ahead with the conference title and postseason opportunities in the balance...

True, especially the road games. Face it, we're now one of the teams that gets everyone's best shot.

JerseyBird 01-12-2014 05:08 PM

Cool - didn't get to see much of the 2nd half so thanks for the updates!

JerseyBird 01-12-2014 05:10 PM

Oh yeah, and is it proper etiquette to say "Go Lady Cocks!"? Sounds a little, um, not quite right

Regalcock 01-12-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyBird (Post 4057253)
Oh yeah, and is it proper etiquette to say "Go Lady Cocks!"? Sounds a little, um, not quite right

I am just calling them Gamecocks or the fighting Dawn Staley's ;)

JerseyBird 01-12-2014 05:28 PM

Haha sounds good

COCKYWOOD 01-12-2014 06:01 PM

:woo::woo::woo: Great road win ! :wink::wink::wink:

Cockhornleghorn 01-12-2014 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyBird (Post 4057253)

They haven't gone by the monicker, "Lady Gamecocks" in years. They are simply "Gamecocks". We have a huge test at A&M on Thursday night.

FLCock89 01-12-2014 07:22 PM

Vanderbilt leads Tennessee by 7 with under a minute remaining on ESPN. If that result holds, the Gamecocks will be the highest ranked team in the SEC come Tuesday. Obviously that doesn't mean a whole lot at this point in the season, but it's still a good sign of just how far this program has risen.

Like CockhornLeghorn said, this upcoming Texas A&M game will be HUGE.

garnet_black215 01-12-2014 07:37 PM

Good win for the Gamecocks today. Not easy to win on the road in any conference. Hopefully they get the job done against Texas A&M. That would really solidify us in the SEC race going forward.

the_ultimatethrill 01-12-2014 10:56 PM

Tough game coming up no doubt but I think UGA is a lot worse than ppl thought

Luke Skycocker 01-12-2014 11:48 PM

Tennessee lost to Vandy today so we're 2 games up on UT and 2 up and a tiebreaker on UK and Vandy. A&M, Florida and LSU are the other competition right now for the conference crown

FlorenceCock 01-13-2014 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker (Post 4057577)
Tennessee lost to Vandy today so we're 2 games up on UT and 2 up and a tiebreaker on UK and Vandy. A&M, Florida and LSU are the other competition right now for the conference crown

This is how it stands as of right now.
Standings as of 1-12-14
1. South Carolina (4-0, 16-1)
2. Texas A&M (3-0, 13-4)
3. Vanderbilt (3-1, 14-3)
3. Florida (3-1, 13-4)
5. LSU (2-1, 13-3)
6. Kentucky (2-2, 14-3)
6. Tennessee (2-2, 13-3)
6. Missouri (2-2, 13-4)
9. Mississippi State (1-2, 14-3)
9. Auburn (1-2, 10-6)
9. Alabama (1-2, 8-8)
12. Arkansas (1-3, 14-3)
13. Ole Miss (0-3, 9-8)
14. Georgia (0-4, 12-5)

Upcoming Schedule
Thursday, January 16th
Vanderbilt at Ole Miss
Arkansas at Georgia
Auburn at Alabama
South Carolina at Texas A&M
LSU at Missouri
Tennessee at Mississippi St.

Sunday, January 19th
Georgia at Florida
LSU at Vanderbilt
Kentucky at Auburn
Ole Miss at Arkansas
Mississippi St. at Texas A&M
Alabama at South Carolina

Ahmad 01-13-2014 03:36 AM

will the Texas AM game be on tv?

OldPat 01-13-2014 05:45 AM

Didn't comment on this thread yesterday because I spent the day with my first & only grandson, little Jake - my family's miracle child. Tho he'll never know, that boy gave an old man lost in grief reason to live again. Now this old coach has to teach his grandson how to play the game we call life before I can join his Grandma in the Hereafter. Been nine yrs, but sometimes it still hurts like it was yesterday - until I look into Jake's face.

Conceived in a test tube & born two months prematurely, his mom literally almost killed herself carrying him as long as she did. Preeclampsia & all the attendant problems almost did them both in, but they're fine now & Jake will soon be 5.

Guess Jake's the reason I believe in the Divine & the miracles of modern science and see no dichotomy between the two.

As Jake & I watched the game yesterday, several things struck me. This year's edition of the Lady G's is still very much a work in progress for both team and coaches. As good as this team is at times, they've only began to scratch the surface of their potential. If they continue to believe in themselves & each other and work harder than they ever have before, the world can be their oyster.

I am sometimes amazed at how readily women understand, accept & buy into the team concept, but I shouldn't be. After all, women have been sublimating their dreams & wishes to their family's needs since time began.

As I watched yesterday's game unfold, the Lady G's reminded me of what my daughter-in-law taught me a few years ago: Tho we men sometimes pretend, Love, thy name is Woman.

Hope my fellow posters don't mind the pensive nature of this post, but today Cockytalk is my analyst as in years past it was my safe haven. After all, what's family for?

Travelin 01-13-2014 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldPat (Post 4057657)
Didn't comment on this thread yesterday because I spent the day with my first & only grandson, little Jake - my family's miracle child. Tho he'll never know, that boy gave an old man lost in grief reason to live again. Now this old coach has to teach his grandson how to play the game we call life before I can join his Grandma in the Hereafter. Been nine yrs, but sometimes it still hurts like it was yesterday - until I look into Jake's face.

Conceived in a test tube & born two months prematurely, his mom literally almost killed herself carrying him as long as she did. Preeclampsia & all the attendant problems almost did them both in, but they're fine now & Jake will soon be 5.

Guess Jake's the reason I believe in the Divine & the miracles of modern science and see no dichotomy between the two.

As Jake & I watched the game yesterday, several things struck me. This year's edition of the Lady G's is still very much a work in progress for both team and coaches. As good as this team is at times, they've only began to scratch the surface of their potential. If they continue to believe in themselves & each other and work harder than they ever have before, the world can be their oyster.

I am sometimes amazed at how readily women understand, accept & buy into the team concept, but I shouldn't be. After all, women have been sublimating their dreams & wishes to their family's needs since time began.

As I watched yesterday's game unfold, the Lady G's reminded me of what my daughter-in-law taught me a few years ago: Tho we men sometimes pretend, Love, thy name is Woman.

Hope my fellow posters don't mind the pensive nature of this post, but today Cockytalk is my analyst as in years past it was my safe haven. After all, what's family for?

So glad they are both OK, now. You've truly been blessed!

scfastpitch 01-13-2014 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahmad (Post 4057647)
will the Texas AM game be on tv?

So far I've only heard Fox Sports Southwest . I'm hoping Time-Warner picks it up on some channel but I wouldn't count on it .