CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   NCAA 12 disc ruined. (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=155105)

Mr.101 09-28-2011 02:10 PM

NCAA 12 disc ruined.
 
My dumba$$ xbox destroyed my $60 copy. is there any type of refund or am I screwed $60?

hellraiser24 09-28-2011 02:12 PM

Re: NCAA 12 disc ruined.
 
How did it happen?

MillerTime843 09-28-2011 02:18 PM

Re: NCAA 12 disc ruined.
 
Call xbox and tell them. Did the xbox make a circle ring around the disc? And everytime you try and play it, you can hear the hard-drive like stop running?

crowcutta 09-28-2011 02:26 PM

Re: NCAA 12 disc ruined.
 
also when did you buy the game. if its recent you may be able to say you bought it that way and try for a replacement from the retailer (dont mention that your 360 scratched it). those are likely your options. i'd try the retailer first then try to contact someone at microsoft.

also is your 360 sitting or standing?

MillerTime843 09-28-2011 02:27 PM

Re: NCAA 12 disc ruined.
 
i always have mine standing

crowcutta 09-28-2011 02:33 PM

Re: NCAA 12 disc ruined.
 
i read somewhere that people have said that has led to scratching, scratching can occur no matter what, but the unit jostling in any way while its on or accidentally putting the disc in slightly out of place can cause a problem.

#TeamCocks 09-28-2011 02:33 PM

Re: NCAA 12 disc ruined.
 
this is why you always install the game to your hard drive as soon as you get it

Cock Football 05 09-28-2011 02:33 PM

Re: NCAA 12 disc ruined.
 
should have bought a PS3.


But a buddy at work had been getting scratched DVD from the redbox so he went and purchased some little scratch remover from target or something and he said it worked great. Might try a product like that.

Mr.101 09-28-2011 02:35 PM

Re: NCAA 12 disc ruined.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MillerTime843 (Post 2864097)
Call xbox and tell them. Did the xbox make a circle ring around the disc? And everytime you try and play it, you can hear the hard-drive like stop running?

Yes, a circle ring.

Mr.101 09-28-2011 02:37 PM

Re: NCAA 12 disc ruined.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by crowcutta (Post 2864112)
also when did you buy the game. if its recent you may be able to say you bought it that way and try for a replacement from the retailer (dont mention that your 360 scratched it). those are likely your options. i'd try the retailer first then try to contact someone at microsoft.

also is your 360 sitting or standing?

Standing, now sitting.

92Pony 09-28-2011 02:38 PM

Re: NCAA 12 disc ruined.
 
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ndingMethod=rr


I bought one of these a couple of years back when my son scratched his brand new Madden disc. It fixed the scratch, and has paid for itself over by taking scratches out (or greatly lessening them) on a number of discs.

Or, look here for their complete line;
http://shop.digitalinnovations.com/D...20and%20Repair

Mr.101 09-28-2011 02:45 PM

Re: NCAA 12 disc ruined.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 92Pony (Post 2864134)
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ndingMethod=rr


I bought one of these a couple of years back when my son scratched his brand new Madden disc. It fixed the scratch, and has paid for itself over by taking scratches out (or greatly lessening them) on a number of discs.

Or, look here for their complete line;
http://shop.digitalinnovations.com/D...20and%20Repair

Can't afford to spend $40 right now, but I'll look into this for when I do have enough money, thanks.

crowcutta 09-28-2011 02:46 PM

Re: NCAA 12 disc ruined.
 
so is trying to get a replacement at the retailer not an option?

Mr.101 09-28-2011 02:49 PM

Re: NCAA 12 disc ruined.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by crowcutta (Post 2864150)
so is trying to get a replacement at the retailer not an option?

I don't think they will give me a new one if the Xbox damaged it 2 months later.

#TeamCocks 09-28-2011 02:50 PM

Re: NCAA 12 disc ruined.
 
depending on if this is against your morals or not but ive rented the game that was scratched from a movie rental place, and opted to get the scratch protection then returned my scratched disk and kept the good disc that was the rental so you could always do that

Mr.101 09-28-2011 02:55 PM

Re: NCAA 12 disc ruined.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by #TeamGarcia (Post 2864160)
depending on if this is against your morals or not but ive rented the game that was scratched from a movie rental place, and opted to get the scratch protection then returned my scratched disk and kept the good disc that was the rental so you could always do that

I have a certain someone in the house that would kick my a$$ if I did that. But it's not my fault that the games are $40 over priced.

#TeamCocks 09-28-2011 02:59 PM

Re: NCAA 12 disc ruined.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cocky101 (Post 2864168)
I have a certain someone in the house that would kick my a$$ if I did that. But it's not my fault that the games are $40 over priced.

yeah i understand i kinda felt bad to but i realized they had already made there money on the disc if you dont want to do that you can rent the disc and save it to your hard drive then return it. once its saved to your hd you can play it from there and u just need the disc in the xbox but it doesnt actually read it

Mr.101 09-28-2011 03:08 PM

Re: NCAA 12 disc ruined.
 
can't you repair dvd's with toothpaste or something

#TeamCocks 09-28-2011 03:15 PM

Re: NCAA 12 disc ruined.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cocky101 (Post 2864191)
can't you repair dvd's with toothpaste or something

ive never been able to get that to work

sandstorm2001 09-28-2011 03:24 PM

Re: NCAA 12 disc ruined.
 
Get a freinds copy and install it on your xbox. Your scratched up disc should be enough to get the game started and it will play off of your HDD. I had a friend who scratched his copy of Black ops like that so he went out and bought another one, and another buddy of mine got the new disc and installed it and just used the scratched up disc to play the game. A lot of game stores can also repair discs for like $7.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.