CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   2011-12 NBA Thread (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=161441)

I Bleed Garnet 12-11-2011 01:54 AM

2011-12 NBA Thread

Figured with the season starting up in a few weeks and Free Agency/Trade News all over the place just post it all here.

CP3 Trade looks to be falling apart. Lakers now looking how to Acquire Dwight Howard.

But Dwight apparently wants to get traded to the Nets.

cockyjordan3 12-11-2011 02:31 AM

Re: 2011-12 NBA Thread

LA ran Odom out fast... lol.

They need to get Howard and billups/Davis.

Wish my heat could get one of those two as well...

kterrence22 12-11-2011 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockyjordan3 (Post 2992319)
LA ran Odom out fast... lol.

They need to get Howard and billups/Davis.

Wish my heat could get one of those two as well...

Billups would fit in nicely with the Lakers, and Rip Hamilton was cut too. Would love to see my sixers make a run at him.

cockyjordan3 12-11-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kterrence22 (Post 2992348)
Billups would fit in nicely with the Lakers, and Rip Hamilton was cut too. Would love to see my sixers make a run at him.

I think Rip is a lock for the bulls. Vince Carter also out there

JT21 12-11-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockyjordan3 (Post 2992421)
I think Rip is a lock for the bulls. Vince Carter also out there

Reported that VC is close to signing with Dallas.

Dallas is looking really good for this season and easily going to be the deepest team in the league again. Even if Lakers get Dwight, Dallas might be the favorite in the West. Got an absolute steal in Odom, especially considering he's essentially an expiring contract. Center and maybe PG is a question mark, but they are still chasing Sam Dalembert. And then Dallas is still retaining cap room for chasing Dwight/Deron Williams or another big time FA next summer.

GregoryHouse 12-11-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet (Post 2992305)
Figured with the season starting up in a few weeks and Free Agency/Trade News all over the place just post it all here.

CP3 Trade looks to be falling apart. Lakers now looking how to Acquire Dwight Howard.

But Dwight apparently wants to get traded to the Nets.

IBG thanks for being on top of shit. I am actually excited about watching some NBA games.

I am a Lakers fans and I didn't like the CP3 trade because we gave too much away BUT David Stern put his foot in his own ass by rejecting the trade and I feel like he is trying to go against the agreed upon terms that enable the season to be played.

GregoryHouse 12-11-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

The Los Angeles Lakers abruptly withdrew from the Chris Paul sweepstakes Saturday night after more than 24 hours of unsuccessful attempts to restructure a three-team deal with the New Orleans Hornets and Houston Rockets that would meet with the approval of NBA commissioner David Stern, according to sources close to the process.

The Lakers informed the league-owned Hornets and the Rockets they were pulling out of the stonewalled deal, sources said, and instead trading Lamar Odom to the Dallas Mavericks. Dallas is able to accommodate Odom's $8.9 million salary without surrendering any prized assets thanks to a new trade exception created through the Mavericks' three-team deal with New York and Washington earlier Saturday that landed Tyson Chandler with the Knicks.

Sources said the Lakers, in return for shedding the unhappy Odom's salary and sending him to a team one source close to the situation said he's "excited" to join, will receive Dallas' 2012 first-round pick and possibly additional draft considerations.

Looks like that pick might be the last pick in the first round...smh...

JT21 12-11-2011 11:03 AM

I want to see CP3 go to the Clippers. A core of CP3 Gordon Butler Griffin Jordan would be awesome to watch. CP3 throwing it up to Griffin and Jordan would be unstoppable. I like that better than what OKC has.

Then the possibility of Dwight with Deron Williams in Brooklyn/NJ would be really fun to watch, plus Nets would still have huge cap space. Only problem is Orlando supposedly doesn't want Lopez+picks for Dwight+Hedo's contract. But if I were the Magic, I'd prefer Lopez over Mr. Glass Andrew Bynum.

STEPHONGILMOREFAN! 12-11-2011 11:13 AM

We "the bulls" are a legitimate 2 guard away from a championship

Luke Skycocker 12-11-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT21 (Post 2992444)
I want to see CP3 go to the Clippers. A core of CP3 Gordon Butler Griffin Jordan would be awesome to watch. CP3 throwing it up to Griffin and Jordan would be unstoppable. I like that better than what OKC has.

Then the possibility of Dwight with Deron Williams in Brooklyn/NJ would be really fun to watch, plus Nets would still have huge cap space. Only problem is Orlando supposedly doesn't want Lopez+picks for Dwight+Hedo's contract. But if I were the Magic, I'd prefer Lopez over Mr. Glass Andrew Bynum.

It's not as good as Westbrook, Durant, Ibaka. (Sub in Harden/Perkins too)

Luke Skycocker 12-11-2011 11:20 AM

OKC shouldn't have much problem winning the division this year. Denver should be down, Utah will be average, Portland is an unknown at this point but probably the biggest competition, and Minnesota is bad.

Luke Skycocker 12-11-2011 11:23 AM

Also, I think older teams like the Celtics and Spurs are going to be negatively affected by the condensed schedule playing so many games in so short of a time period.

cockyjordan3 12-11-2011 01:21 PM

I'm interested to see Eddy Curry with the Heat. They say he's lost about 70 lbs and is really motivated. He had talent at one point.

GregoryHouse 12-11-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker (Post 2992462)
Also, I think older teams like the Celtics and Spurs are going to be negatively affected by the condensed schedule playing so many games in so short of a time period.

Are the Spurs really that old compared to the rest of the Western Conference?

And are you making the point that in a 66 game season, teams will not be able to take games off or take games for granted (I mean less games before playoff positions are pretty set so older players will have to "play through")...if you are saying that then that is an interesting thought to consider because I'd been looking at it as a break for some of the older players (less overall games)...specifically, i'd hope the truncated schedule would help Fisher and Bryant in LA

I Bleed Garnet 12-11-2011 01:32 PM

I just can't wait to see this fool.

http://blog.jokeroo.com/wp-content/u...0hofo1_500.jpg

Although I do hate the lakers. I just think it's outrageous what this guy changed his name to.

Luke Skycocker 12-11-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GH (Post 2992584)
Are the Spurs really that old compared to the rest of the Western Conference?

And are you making the point that in a 66 game season, teams will not be able to take games off or take games for granted (I mean less games before playoff positions are pretty set so older players will have to "play through")...if you are saying that then that is an interesting thought to consider because I'd been looking at it as a break for some of the older players (less overall games)...specifically, i'd hope the truncated schedule would help Fisher and Bryant in LA

A lot of the time though teams will be playing 4 games in 5 days or 6 in 8. As for taking games off, yea you can overlook some teams and maybe not play AS hard, but you still gotta go out there and spend a lot of effort and travel

acejrock 12-11-2011 01:52 PM

Spurs will own the regular season and be an early exit in the playoffs.

bigdawg77 12-11-2011 02:25 PM

Wish the Hawks would use the cut thing to get rid of Marvin Williams

I Bleed Garnet 12-11-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdawg77 (Post 2992655)
Wish the Hawks would use the cut thing to get rid of Marvin Williams

They haven't used it yet?

cockyjordan3 12-11-2011 04:08 PM

David west to the Pacers. Celtics thought they had him...