CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Juniors NFL Departures (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=201577)

captainawesome 12-02-2013 07:54 PM

Juniors NFL Departures

Almost certainly leaving early:

Jadeveon Clowney
Kelcy Quarles
Victor Hampton

Unlikely to leave early:

A.J. Cann
Corey Robinson
Rory Anderson

Does anyone have any information or gut feelings on any of these? I've seen Robinson mocked in the 2nd round for this year, but he had an off night against Clemson. I hope he sticks around another year.

Garnet Gamecock 12-02-2013 08:10 PM

Re: Juniors NFL Departures

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainawesome (Post 4015268)

Jadeveon Clowney
Kelcy Quarles
Victor Hampton

Unlikely to leave early:

A.J. Cann
Corey Robinson
Rory Anderson

Does anyone have any information or gut feelings on any of these? I've seen Robinson mocked in the 2nd round for this year, but he had an off night against Clemson. I hope he sticks around another year.

Being big is not an automatic ticket to the NFL. Corey has a lot of work yet to do on footwork and foot speed. They've also got to teach him how to deal with guys that are much shorter than he is so they don't scurry under him.

He would greatly benefit from one more year at USC.

Rory had a down year compared to the previous year, so I think he should stay another.

A.J. may be ready. Don't know.

doccock 12-02-2013 08:12 PM

Quarles had a good year but he is still learning the game at this level. He could benefit from another year but it wouldn't be a surprise if someone got in his ear and he left.
doc

mpilot0705 12-02-2013 08:18 PM

Jadeveon Clowney - No brainer...gone

Kelcy Quarles - Think he is leaning towards going...good size and good talent. I have seen him projected fairly consistently in the top 3-5 DT's in the draft which to mean seems like a first two round type of pick. He could have a great combine and sneak into the first round. His quickness might surprise people for such a big dude.

Victor Hampton - Think he's gone. He's projected as a 2-3 rounder and I don't think he can get much higher than that. His size has been a knock on him as are some of his issues from High School/Freshman season here. I think he's at his ceiling and could go.

Unlikely to leave early:

A.J. Cann - Most likely to leave I think of these three. Good size and pretty good feet, but I think he comes back with a grade showing he has a high ceiling.

Corey Robinson - The last few games hurt his stock. He's either checked out and already gone or was outmatched.

Rory Anderson - Showed a lot of inconsistency this year and missed some easy catches. Has improved his blocking but could still get better. I think he's a mid to late round pick with the potential of moving into the 2-3 round range next year or late first round with a big receiving year. I think he's back.

talon 12-02-2013 08:21 PM

Quarles' father already said he is going so that is a done deal. If C. Robinson goes I think he will be disappointed with where he gets picked. He doesn't look like a big time OT. Cann is our best lineman and he said that he was coming back. Anderson wouldn't get drafted very high this year. If he stays he will get a lot more passes next year with Dylan tossing the rock.

hellraiser24 12-02-2013 08:23 PM

Rory didn't score a TD, so he isn't going this year.
Like Garnet Gamecock said, Corey could use another year.
I doubt Cann leaves.

Clowney will obviously be a first rounder.
I don't know where Quarles goes in the draft, but if I were to guess, I would say late second to third round.
Vic will likely be drafted in the third, or maybe early fourth round.

At least that is what I think, but I am definitely no expert on the matter.

Cockholio 12-02-2013 08:27 PM

Clowney, Quarles, and Hampton already announced they were leaving, and walked with the Seniors this past Saturday. I don't think Robinson is rated in anyone's list of Top 25 tackles available for the draft, so I doubt it. No clue on the other guys.

burr 12-02-2013 09:16 PM

This is a little off topic but how is JohnnyCocktail going pro before his junior season and Jadavion had to play one more ?

garnet_black215 12-02-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burr (Post 4015354)
This is a little off topic but how is JohnnyCocktail going pro before his junior season and Jadavion had to play one more ?

Manziel is a redshirt sophomore.

MisterClowney 12-02-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnet_black215 (Post 4015361)
Manziel is a redshirt sophomore.

Yeah similar to when Sidney went pro even though he only played 2 years.

ccured 12-02-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockholio (Post 4015314)
Clowney, Quarles, and Hampton already announced they were leaving, and walked with the Seniors this past Saturday. I don't think Robinson is rated in anyone's list of Top 25 tackles available for the draft, so I doubt it. No clue on the other guys.

I thought clowney was the only non senior that walked. I wasn't able to go saturday so I might be misinformed. Was surprised when kelcy said after the game we was going to get his draft grade and make a decision.

PageUSC 12-02-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainawesome (Post 4015268)

Jadeveon Clowney
Kelcy Quarles
Victor Hampton

Unlikely to leave early:

A.J. Cann
Corey Robinson
Rory Anderson

The top 3 are gone for sure.

Of the bottom 3, I think one will surprise us and go. Seems like it happens every year that we have 2-3 that leave that are 4-7th round picks.

uscfreek88 12-02-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doccock (Post 4015302)
Quarles had a good year but he is still learning the game at this level. He could benefit from another year but it wouldn't be a surprise if someone got in his ear and he left.
doc

he is 100% gone, not that i dont agree with you though

ccured 12-02-2013 09:46 PM

Personally I think kelcy is ready. He is one sack behind Sam from Mizzou for sec sack leader in one fewer games.

Clowneygotcha 12-02-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doccock (Post 4015302)
doc

He was second in the SEC in sacks as a DT... he should go. I would welcome and advise it.

usc90grad 12-02-2013 10:08 PM

Quarles and Hampton are going to try to ride Clowney's coattails and hope they get extra attention because of that. Otherwise both should come back and would benefit from another year.

97srad750 12-02-2013 11:06 PM

I think Quarles and Hampton go on their own merits and it has zero to do with Clowneys coat tails

cockybreeyan 12-02-2013 11:20 PM

kelcy will be great on Sundays. I think he is ready to go. I don't think Vic is physically ready, but I think he is mature enough to make the jump. JD, obviously jump and jump high.

I feel like Cann could go but won't. Robinson I think is the one that surprises everyone. Rory has good NFL measurables, I could see an agent getting to him as well

uscbaseball32 12-02-2013 11:51 PM

Quarles is gone and will be an absolute stud. Hating on guys for going pro is stupid. Vic Hamp will be real good too. He's the reason Watkins hasn't done much against us his whole career.

tpep 12-03-2013 02:05 PM

still not sold that KQ is 100% gone. i know the whole father said spill and what KQ said afterward. he is a great kid and great Gamecock. i'm sure he and his dad will do what's in his best interest. heres wishing him the best..:wink: