CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Oklahoma fan on possible Cotton Bowl matchup. (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=201782)

BlueEagles06 12-06-2013 07:45 PM

Oklahoma fan on possible Cotton Bowl matchup.
 
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=146&f=2445&t=12435315

Sooner1214 wrote:

"Honestly, I think that S. Carolina would be a favorable matchup for us. Their offensive style fits into what M Stoops is an expert at stopping. They don't have a mobile, elusive QB who can give the defense fits.

If for no other reason than giving us a favorable SEC opponent to beat, I'd like to see it."

We dont have a mobile, elusive QB. think I died when I read that.

Gamecock303 12-06-2013 07:58 PM

Re: Oklahoma fan on possible Cotton Bowl matchup.
 
to be fair I don't really consider Connor all that elusive either. He is certainly mobile and a very good runner but he isn't the most elusive guy in the world.

I guess I should add that when I hear (or read) elusive I think of guys like Ace or even Mike Davis and Marcus...guys who have the ability to make people miss (completely or partly) in tight spaces...that is really the one part of Connor's running game that is missing.

USCfootball 12-06-2013 08:05 PM

Re: Oklahoma fan on possible Cotton Bowl matchup.
 
Bob Stoops was a DC under Spurrier so I think philosophy wise, there is truth to familiarity.

I don't consider Connor "elusive" either.....when I think of elusive I think of Mike Vick in his prime or Russell Wilson. Connor is more of a dual-threat option QB similar to their own Blake Bell.

I can't fathom this guys "favorable" comment. OK isn't that great.

Flameout12 12-06-2013 08:07 PM

Re: Oklahoma fan on possible Cotton Bowl matchup.
 
Quote:

They don't have a mobile, elusive QB who can give the defense fits.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecock303 (Post 4019985)
to be fair I don't really consider Connor all that elusive either. He is certainly mobile and a very good runner but he isn't the most elusive guy in the world.

This is exactly what's called giving a defense "fits":


JaxcockFL 12-06-2013 08:08 PM

Re: Oklahoma fan on possible Cotton Bowl matchup.
 
How about "Mobile." You guys think Connor is Mobile or Immobile?

Flameout12 12-06-2013 08:30 PM

Re: Oklahoma fan on possible Cotton Bowl matchup.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxcockFL (Post 4020000)
How about "Mobile." You guys think Connor is Mobile or Immobile?

And you don't have to be Russell Wilson elusive to give a defense "fits".
Smack talk anyway....

spareparts 12-06-2013 08:42 PM

Re: Oklahoma fan on possible Cotton Bowl matchup.
 
They suck

Coulwoodwarlord 12-06-2013 09:11 PM

Re: Oklahoma fan on possible Cotton Bowl matchup.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueEagles06 (Post 4019976)
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=146&f=2445&t=12435315

Sooner1214 wrote:

"Honestly, I think that S. Carolina would be a favorable matchup for us. Their offensive style fits into what M Stoops is an expert at stopping. They don't have a mobile, elusive QB who can give the defense fits.

If for no other reason than giving us a favorable SEC opponent to beat, I'd like to see it."

We dont have a mobile, elusive QB. think I died when I read that.

I'm thinking about 28-0 in our favorable !:rotfl:

Cockypantherfan 12-06-2013 09:16 PM

Re: Oklahoma fan on possible Cotton Bowl matchup.
 
Lol @ Oklahoma... still thinking they are relevant.

FanofCarolina1 12-06-2013 09:38 PM

Re: Oklahoma fan on possible Cotton Bowl matchup.
 
They're going to get the snot beat out of them by Ok. State and won't even make the Cotton Bowl.

MDCox 12-06-2013 09:48 PM

Re: Oklahoma fan on possible Cotton Bowl matchup.
 
I don't know how much more elusive you have to be. He scorches defenses with his running style. I'll take 80 or 90 yards rushing from my QB any day. Plus, if he passes for 2 or 3 TDs we probably win every game like that.

U-Dub Gamecock 12-06-2013 11:03 PM

Re: Oklahoma fan on possible Cotton Bowl matchup.
 
Well, Bowling Green is up 31-13 on Northern Illinois... If they hold on, Baylor probably will get a BCS at-large, and the Cotton would pick Texas or Oklahoma...

Acockolypse Now 12-07-2013 12:04 AM

Re: Oklahoma fan on possible Cotton Bowl matchup.
 
All we'd have to do is convince Stoops it's a big game.

GamecockSuperFan 12-07-2013 01:26 PM

Re: Oklahoma fan on possible Cotton Bowl matchup.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecock303 (Post 4019985)
to be fair I don't really consider Connor all that elusive either. He is certainly mobile and a very good runner but he isn't the most elusive guy in the world.

I guess I should add that when I hear (or read) elusive I think of guys like Ace or even Mike Davis and Marcus...guys who have the ability to make people miss (completely or partly) in tight spaces...that is really the one part of Connor's running game that is missing.

?

SanAntonioCock 12-07-2013 01:36 PM

Re: Oklahoma fan on possible Cotton Bowl matchup.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now (Post 4020245)
All we'd have to do is convince Stoops it's a big game.

It would be a huge game for Oklahoma.


just another bowl win over a big name program for Gamecocks.

uscgamecocks88 12-07-2013 01:47 PM

Re: Oklahoma fan on possible Cotton Bowl matchup.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock (Post 4020158)
Well, Bowling Green is up 31-13 on Northern Illinois... If they hold on, Baylor probably will get a BCS at-large, and the Cotton would pick Texas or Oklahoma...

I'd love to play Texas. That would be a good game.

Also, if we win, we could say that we have beaten Nebraska, Michigan, and Texas in the past 3 years. Wow.

B-G 12-07-2013 01:52 PM

Re: Oklahoma fan on possible Cotton Bowl matchup.
 
Think it shows that some people just don't watch our games.

1SCFanInPAUntilNow 12-07-2013 01:53 PM

Re: Oklahoma fan on possible Cotton Bowl matchup.
 
Im not impressed by OK at all so far.

Regalcock 12-07-2013 01:53 PM

Re: Oklahoma fan on possible Cotton Bowl matchup.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock (Post 4020511)
It would be a huge game for Oklahoma.


just another bowl win over a big name program for Gamecocks.


I think you are missing the point of Acock's post...

GamecockSuperFan 12-07-2013 01:55 PM

Re: Oklahoma fan on possible Cotton Bowl matchup.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 (Post 4020516)
I'd love to play Texas. That would be a good game.

Also, if we win, we could say that we have beaten Nebraska, Michigan, and Texas in the past 3 years. Wow.

I know beating former powerhouses is a big deal to some, but IMO I don't see it as some big accomplishment. We beat who we had to play.. The Osbourne/bo schembechler days are long gone. I know what your saying, I just can't stand teams that do that.

I mean hell Mizzou has 15 conference championships in their schools history (more than auburn) but We don't look at them as a national powerhouse in the same way. I know it's diff conferences, etc. but to me Nebraska and Michigan are irrelavent just like Oklahoma right now.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.