CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Gamecocks and Clempson in a bowl (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=201783)

Rusty2s 12-06-2013 07:56 PM

Gamecocks and Clempson in a bowl
 
Because all im hearing is if the tigers had stayed with the run they would have beat us. Just think about how full the stadium would be. Pick a bowl.

scargamecocks87 12-06-2013 08:00 PM

Re: Gamecocks and Clempson in a bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty2s (Post 4019983)
Because all im hearing is if the tigers had stayed with the run they would have beat us. Just think about how full the stadium would be. Pick a bowl.

wont happen theres only been one bowl rematch i can recall and that was Bama LSU National Championship, and that wasnt chosen. I dont know of any bowl that would want a rematch of a game, much less a game won by 2 TDs

rosstheboss 12-06-2013 08:01 PM

Re: Gamecocks and Clempson in a bowl
 
there have been a couple rematches in bowls but i can't recall a real rivalry rematch

JaxcockFL 12-06-2013 08:06 PM

Re: Gamecocks and Clempson in a bowl
 
Florida / Florida State in 1994 and 1996 in the Sugar.

COCKDIESEL 12-06-2013 08:07 PM

Re: Gamecocks and Clempson in a bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scargamecocks87 (Post 4019987)
wont happen theres only been one bowl rematch i can recall and that was Bama LSU National Championship, and that wasnt chosen. I dont know of any bowl that would want a rematch of a game, much less a game won by 2 TDs

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosstheboss (Post 4019989)
there have been a couple rematches in bowls but i can't recall a real rivalry rematch

Florida beat Fla St. in a rematch.

COCKDIESEL 12-06-2013 08:08 PM

Re: Gamecocks and Clempson in a bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxcockFL (Post 4019995)
Florida / Florida State in 1994 and 1996 in the Sugar.

Beat me to it!

aftertwobowls 12-06-2013 08:08 PM

Re: Gamecocks and Clempson in a bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty2s (Post 4019983)
Because all im hearing is if the tigers had stayed with the run they would have beat us.

That's the same thing their fans were all saying after last year's game..

JaxcockFL 12-06-2013 08:09 PM

Re: Gamecocks and Clempson in a bowl
 
Lol

By a minute.

If we were to rematch, it would be in the CFA.

COCKYWOOD 12-06-2013 08:15 PM

Re: Gamecocks and Clempson in a bowl
 
:woo::woo::woo: Only if their team and fans promise not to wear orange! They can ride around the stadium in their bus for hours if they'd like, but NO ORANGE! :wink::wink::wink:

uscgamecocks88 12-06-2013 08:18 PM

Re: Gamecocks and Clempson in a bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxcockFL (Post 4020002)
Lol

By a minute.

If we were to rematch, it would be in the CFA.

I remember people saying it was possible with the ways things were working out last year and the CFA Bowl came out and said they had no interest in this.

Rusty2s 12-06-2013 08:20 PM

Re: Gamecocks and Clempson in a bowl
 
I would go.

JaxcockFL 12-06-2013 08:26 PM

Re: Gamecocks and Clempson in a bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 (Post 4020010)
I remember people saying it was possible with the ways things were working out last year and the CFA Bowl came out and said they had no interest in this.


Yeah, I remember that too. I guess my point is that it would only be possible in the CFA, because the MC is too far down for us to remotely fall. (this year)

highstick 12-06-2013 09:05 PM

Re: Gamecocks and Clempson in a bowl
 
We sure could "close the gap" in the W-L column twice in one year!

Rusty2s 12-06-2013 09:56 PM

Re: Gamecocks and Clempson in a bowl
 
NEED A LIKE BUTTON ON HERE. Good one Highstick.

U-Dub Gamecock 12-06-2013 09:58 PM

Re: Gamecocks and Clempson in a bowl
 
Nebraska/Washington in 2010 (Holiday Bowl)

1801Green 12-06-2013 10:03 PM

Re: Gamecocks and Clempson in a bowl
 
I think it would be a lot of fun. Can you imagine the energy level if we played again in Atlanta on New Year's Eve? I'd go in a heartbeat.

Rusty2s 12-06-2013 10:06 PM

Re: Gamecocks and Clempson in a bowl
 
They must have the best history professors in the country at clemson. Each year we beat them I get a lesson in history.

Carolina4Life 12-06-2013 10:26 PM

Re: Gamecocks and Clempson in a bowl
 
I don't think either team would want it.

Order 66 12-06-2013 10:45 PM

Re: Gamecocks and Clempson in a bowl
 
Sure...it will make evening this thing up easier.

BlueHerons 12-06-2013 11:25 PM

Re: Gamecocks and Clempson in a bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty2s (Post 4019983)
Because all im hearing is if the tigers had stayed with the run they would have beat us. Just think about how full the stadium would be. Pick a bowl.

So hang around someone other than Clemson fans.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.