CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Any chance we get Ohio State?! (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=201825)

unccgamecock 12-08-2013 01:14 AM

Any chance we get Ohio State?!

That's who I want! The heck with Wisconsin:cocky:

uscgamecocks88 12-08-2013 01:17 AM

Re: Any chance we get Ohio State?!

No ohio state will still probably go to the BCS

GSC2013 12-08-2013 01:19 AM

Yep. With Northern Illinois losing, that opens it up for other at large teams. Ohio State wont drop below 8th, they'll be an at large team. Maybe in Sugar Bowl vs Alabama, since now Auburn is going to Pasadena, and the Sugar Bowl has always taken SEC teams, so they'll get the first shot at the 2nd SEC team. They may take Bama and Ohio State, since that matchup is both closer to Alabama (they're worried about ticket sales) and a Big10 opponent is more....emotionally charged than a Clemson team.

Luke Skycocker 12-08-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSC2013 (Post 4021408)
Yep. With Northern Illinois losing, that opens it up for other at large teams. Ohio State wont drop below 8th, they'll be an at large team. Maybe in Sugar Bowl vs Alabama, since now Auburn is going to Pasadena, and the Sugar Bowl has always taken SEC teams, so they'll get the first shot at the 2nd SEC team. They may take Bama and Ohio State, since that matchup is both closer to Alabama (they're worried about ticket sales) and a Big10 opponent is more....emotionally charged than a Clemson team.

Wrong. Orange gets first pick, then Sugar.

GSC2013 12-08-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker (Post 4021414)
Wrong. Orange gets first pick, then Sugar.

Oh, ok. Well, I heard the Orange was worried that Bama and Cleampson may not sell enough tickets. So, now with Auburn in the NC game, Bama is the SEC's 2nd best. Maybe the Orange instead passes on them, and picks UCF who would bring a lot more fans I think, since they're a HUGE school and in Florida, and for them the Orange Bowl would be like the Super Bowl. Bama fans may stay home.

SC Sandlapper 12-08-2013 01:32 AM

ESPN projects OSU vs Taters in the Orange Bowl. A pissed off Ohio State team will take out their anger against the taters. Love it. Only time in my life I will pull for Urban Myth

TAFC 5 1981 12-08-2013 01:45 AM

Re: CU should know how

to plan for OH ST. Their QB has an interesting combo of running like Shaw and deer in the headlights look like TB. I don't expect Meyer to hit a CU player if they lose.

Red Devil 12-08-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSC2013 (Post 4021408)

Please no. I want to see the taters get absolutely annihilated by a Saban team in their first game since they were punked on the missed FG return against AU. They are so ticked.

TKE226 12-08-2013 09:02 AM

I could see Clemson beating OSU and then calling next year THE year. Lol kinda like this year...

The'Boose2001 12-08-2013 09:17 AM

I have an inside source that says that if the Capitol One and the Outback do not pick up the Gamecocks, then they will be headed to the Cotton Bowl facing off against Oklahoma State. This source is reliable and trusted. As much as I would love to be in the BCS for it's final year, this suits me fine.

:wink:

FeartheSpur 12-08-2013 10:08 AM

Source? Hell ray Charles can see that

The Yancey 12-08-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSC2013 (Post 4021422)
Oh, ok. Well, I heard the Orange was worried that Bama and Cleampson may not sell enough tickets. So, now with Auburn in the NC game, Bama is the SEC's 2nd best. Maybe the Orange instead passes on them, and picks UCF who would bring a lot more fans I think, since they're a HUGE school and in Florida, and for them the Orange Bowl would be like the Super Bowl. Bama fans may stay home.

No, UCF heads to Phoenix.

rrsandersjr 12-08-2013 10:29 AM

Unfortunately, I think that Clemson can beat OSU and then we would have to listen to Datboy all year on how they've beaten LSU, Auburn, Georgia and OSU in the last 2 years.

uscgamecocks88 12-08-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The'Boose2001 (Post 4021663)
I have an inside source that says that if the Capitol One and the Outback do not pick up the Gamecocks, then they will be headed to the Cotton Bowl facing off against Oklahoma State. This source is reliable and trusted. As much as I would love to be in the BCS for it's final year, this suits me fine.

:wink:

I have a good feeling that Cap One will take us. We had a great turnout (and performance!) last time, and we apparently have alumni on the board down there.

M.C. 12-08-2013 10:45 AM

No way cap and outback both pass on us .. Wishful thinking on cotton bowl we needed mizzou to win last night for us to have a chance Of that

JaxcockFL 12-08-2013 11:04 AM

I'd be concerned with any source that has the Outback picking before the Cotton.

brat 12-08-2013 11:52 AM

If OSU plays Clempson, all they have to do is watch our game.

Let their QB run wild, pressure and hit Boyd. Rinse, repeat.

Smashies_AC30 12-08-2013 03:36 PM

If OSU and Clemson play each other (and they likely will), I'm rooting for a giant sinkhole to form in the middle of the field.

GamecockSuperFan 12-08-2013 03:38 PM

question.. even if Mizzou had won, wouldn't the cotton bowl just take a 2 loss Auburn team? or would they end up somewhere else?

B-G 12-08-2013 03:49 PM

OSU does not have a good defense.