CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Complain about the Bowl thread (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=201877)

sandstorm2001 12-08-2013 10:54 PM

Complain about the Bowl thread

I just thought maybe we could have a designated location for people that want to whine like spoiled children instead of having them derailing every thread related to the bowl game. If you feel the need to complain do it in here so that people who are actually interested in going to Orlando and want to know more about the game/our opponent don't have to sift through your 100th post about how you think it's lame that we're going to Orlando and the many responses your ridiculous attitude will generate.

*I will not be revisiting this thread, as I have no desire to complain about the bowl or argue with you about it.

garnet_black215 12-08-2013 11:01 PM

Re: Complain about the Bowl thread

Good idea.

gamecockgal 12-08-2013 11:05 PM

Nothing to say here. I am glad to be heading to O-Town, my old stomping grounds. Hey, I wonder if Yancey remembers me? :)

The Yancey 12-08-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecockgal (Post 4022837)
Nothing to say here. I am glad to be heading to O-Town, my old stomping grounds. Hey, I wonder if Yancey remembers me? :)

Of course I do! We would meet downtown back then. We are working on having some stuff as we are the host alumni group. I'll post as I get info. Just not in this thread.

Kickerspl80 12-08-2013 11:09 PM

This thread is a joke. Makes the fanbase look like a bunch of whiners

gamecockgal 12-08-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yancey (Post 4022849)
Of course I do! We would meet downtown back then. We are working on having some stuff as we are the host alumni group. I'll post as I get info. Just not in this thread.

Awesome. I should be down with my mother and uncle, both are USC alum. I don't remember most of the game last year, the three of us were pretty sauced by game time, LOL

Hey, if you wanna get back in touch, I can give you my email and phone number (I have no texting limits, woo!) by PM if you want. :) I never did get rid of my original number so my cell is still a 407 area code.

cccock 12-08-2013 11:17 PM

Best thread ever. Hope the mods send EVERY cry baby here. I just about gave up after reading all the negative crap. Over 50 years I bleed Garnet and to live through what I have and to read some of the crap posted......Sounds like a bunch of spoiled brats.

Stick em here and leave them.:-x

Damn proud to be a GAMECOCK and SOOOOOO HAPPPPPPY to be bowling. HOPE NONE OF OUR GUYS ON THE TEAM READ ANY OF THIS and if they are I hope they understand that some people just cant be happy.

Do your job MODS and bring back Cockytalk.

Pty23 12-08-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kickerspl80 (Post 4022855)

Gosh, maybe because a lot of them are?

Cock Kool-Aid 12-08-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kickerspl80 (Post 4022855)

Well, the thread literally IS a joke.

gsgp 12-08-2013 11:23 PM

Why iscclemsux in a bcs bowl getting $$$ when Duke finished 2nd in the acc. Crap.

Cock Kool-Aid 12-08-2013 11:26 PM

I wouldn't go to Orlando if the entire team showed up on my doorstep and begged me.

Even if they paid me- because it's not about the money. It's the principle. I am better than this team and this program. They don't deserve me.

Besides, the only restaurants in Orlando are McDonalds.

I hate Carolina football. I want them to do better than this so I'm going to help them do that by not supporting them.

I'm awesome.

bcolinc 12-08-2013 11:26 PM

Haha this is awesome

garnet_black215 12-08-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid (Post 4022907)
I wouldn't go to Orlando if the entire team showed up on my doorstep and begged me.

Even if they paid me- because it's not about the money. It's the principle. I am better than this team and this program. They don't deserve me.

Besides, the only restaurants in Orlando are McDonalds.

I hate Carolina football. I want them to do better than this so I'm going to help them do that by not supporting them.

I'm awesome.

I actually do support them. Had season tickets each of the last two years. That doesn't mean I have to be a fan of the bowl they're going to, but I realize that may be too deep for you to comprehend.

GamecockSuperFan 12-08-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cccock (Post 4022884)
Best thread ever. Hope the mods send EVERY cry baby here. I just about gave up after reading all the negative crap. Over 50 years I bleed Garnet and to live through what I have and to read some of the crap posted......Sounds like a bunch of spoiled brats.

Stick em here and leave them.:-x

Damn proud to be a GAMECOCK and SOOOOOO HAPPPPPPY to be bowling. HOPE NONE OF OUR GUYS ON THE TEAM READ ANY OF THIS and if they are I hope they understand that some people just cant be happy.

Do your job MODS and bring back Cockytalk.

Sounds like someone who watched 50 years of mediocrity to me and is ok with winning a few more games a season and beating clemson. It's still about winning the SEC, and for some us waiting all off-season/another year just to see if that's possible is getting old.

Latti 12-08-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnet_black215 (Post 4022911)
I actually do support them. Had season tickets each of the last two years. That doesn't mean I have to be a fan of the bowl they're going to, but I realize that may be too deep for you to comprehend.

So if auburn had lost to uga and bama destroyed mizz which would have probably landed us in the bcs would you have been happy?

Cock Kool-Aid 12-08-2013 11:38 PM

I only support this team when they make bowl games that meet my expectations.

It's important that I make sure everyone else knows this and also that I try to take away their joy in life.

Being a top 10 team with 3 consecutive 10 win seasons, the longest home win streak in the nation, and beating Clemson 5 years in a row simply does not earn my appreciation or approval.

Orlando is a slum. I'd rather be skinned alive than spend New Years there.

Cock Kool-Aid 12-08-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latti (Post 4022928)
So if auburn had lost to uga and bama destroyed mizz which would have probably landed us in the bcs would you have been happy?

Oh if that had happened then everyone would be overjoyed. But because things that were out of the teams control didn't bounce our way, we should just express disapproval and lack of support.

lake-cityCOCK89 12-08-2013 11:41 PM

It's a shame you have to make a thread like this.

If you don't like what bowl ties the sec has then go pull for Clemson.

Latti 12-08-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid (Post 4022942)
Oh if that had happened then everyone would be overjoyed. But because things that were out of the teams control didn't bounce our way, we should just express disapproval and lack of support.

Or if Clemson was in the CFa bowl this wouldn't be an issue.

garnet_black215 12-08-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latti (Post 4022928)

I would have been as excited as possible if we landed in the BCS.

How many BCS bowls have we played in?

How many Capital One bowls have we played in?