CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Orlando (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=201884)

uscgamecocks88 12-09-2013 12:07 AM

Orlando

Thinking about making the trip and need some input.

For those that went last time, what are some good hotels and in what part of Orlando? I haven't been there in years.

Also- Cap One website says I can either buy a parking pass or ride a bus. Is the pass worth it or should I opt for the shuttle?

GarnetArmy07 12-09-2013 12:12 AM

Re: Orlando

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 (Post 4023004)

For those that went last time, what are some good hotels and in what part of Orlando? I haven't been there in years.

Also- Cap One website says I can either buy a parking pass or ride a bus. Is the pass worth it or should I opt for the shuttle?

I parked in GA and walked to be quite honest. The stadium is not in the best part of town. They've really upgraded the downtown area and a good NYE party as well. As far as hotels, it's really on your budget. There are some nice ones but if you're the type that needs just a mattress to sleep on, they definitely have those.

ds401 12-09-2013 12:28 AM

So far I found this

The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne‎
211 N Lucerne Circle East
Orlando, FL 32801
(407) 648-5188

$130 and $175

Cap 1 parking for the game is 32.

Courtyard on Magnolia - 209.

Comfort Suites DTown
2416 N. Orange Ave., Orlando, FL, US, 32804
Phone: (407) 228-4007 $111-139. 4.8 mls to the Citrus Bowl

Acockolypse Now 12-09-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetArmy07 (Post 4023018)
I parked in GA and walked to be quite honest. The stadium is not in the best part of town. They've really upgraded the downtown area and a good NYE party as well. As far as hotels, it's really on your budget. There are some nice ones but if you're the type that needs just a mattress to sleep on, they definitely have those.

You walked from Georgia?

DAMN.

ktguen 12-09-2013 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 (Post 4023004)

That's just for official lots. You can still pay to park in several places around the stadium. In 2012 we payed 20 bucks and parked at the high school a couple blocks up. Was pretty easy in and out.

COCKYWOOD 12-09-2013 01:39 AM

:woo::woo::woo: Great parking. Traffic wasn't bad 2 years ago.:wink::wink::wink:

Travelin 12-09-2013 09:52 AM

Here's two deals available to Gamecock Fans through the Alumni Ass. and Gamecock Club.

http://www.gamecocksportstravel.com/...Wl58bo.twitter

The first deal is the Gamecock Team Hotel.

Land Only Deluxe Package - Renaissance SeaWorld

The Yancey 12-09-2013 11:28 AM

Downtown will be close to the official festivities. I-Drive and US 192 in Kissimmee will have the most and cheapest rooms and is closest to the attractions. Altamonte Springs/Lake Mary will have decently priced rooms and be away from the hubbub. Just depends on what you want. Be sure to drop by our tailgate! I'll post details once they are set. There will be many rooms under $50. A group of a couple of dozen of us tailgated together in a lot for $20 each. It was in a company's lot very similar to parking around WB. We are trying to put our alumni association stuff together now.

U-Dub Gamecock 12-09-2013 11:48 AM

I got a room at the Avanti Resort (On Expedia) for $119.99. Is right by Sea World (same area that the USC football team is staying).. on International Drive/US Hwy 192. About 10 minutes from the stadium.

SirBigSpur 12-09-2013 12:13 PM

if you want to stay away from the hoopla, try out the Embassy Suites at cranes roost in Altamonte springs. Pretty location of town with lots of restaurants, shopping, entertainment etc, and it's right off I4.

U-Dub Gamecock 12-09-2013 12:20 PM

Question... Where would be a great place to watch the NY Eve football games in Orlando?? Any real good sports bars?

uscgamecocks88 12-09-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock (Post 4023397)
Question... Where would be a great place to watch the NY Eve football games in Orlando?? Any real good sports bars?

There's probably one at universal. I know they have a broadway at the beach kind of thing somewhere

rosstheboss 12-09-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

yeah if you don't mind the crowds/tourists the universal city walk is pretty fun at night and has a good amount of bars/restaurants to watch from

The Yancey 12-09-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Tons, just tons. Will all depend on where you are staying.

Woody7687 12-09-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Go downtown, there is an awesome cigar bar called Corona Cigar Co. that rocks during football season. Top shelf booze, cigars, and women. Great latin atmosphere.

U-Dub Gamecock 12-09-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosstheboss (Post 4023427)
yeah if you don't mind the crowds/tourists the universal city walk is pretty fun at night and has a good amount of bars/restaurants to watch from

I will be pretty close to there... Ill cab it over that way...

boowilliam4 12-09-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosstheboss (Post 4023427)

City Walk isn't bad, we went there a few times when my girlfriend and I went to Disney this past year. Any other places around Orlando other than City Walk?

rosstheboss 12-09-2013 01:29 PM

don't we have a orlando/disney world expert on here that always has answers/advice for everyone? Forgot his username..

The Yancey 12-09-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boowilliam4 (Post 4023487)
City Walk isn't bad, we went there a few times when my girlfriend and I went to Disney this past year. Any other places around Orlando other than City Walk?

There will be the downtown festivities. Plenty of stuff at the attractions. City Walk is hard to beat. Lots of places where the locals go too, places like http://www.myfriendlyconfines.com/Fr...WinterPark.php and http://obliviontaproom.com/. Depends on where you stay and what ages and interests.

The Yancey 12-10-2013 12:54 AM

Here are some WDW new year's eve dining options: http://www.themainstreetmouse.com/20...eyland-resort/