CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Dont Shoot the messenger!! (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=201923)

Big-Cock 12-09-2013 05:49 PM

Dont Shoot the messenger!!

Not sure I feel the same way. I do have mixed feelings about Clowney but this isn't good for him.

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2013/12...oor-work-ethic

garnet_black215 12-09-2013 05:55 PM

Re: Dont Shoot the messenger!!

One mans opinion.

He's still #1 on Kiper and McShay's big board. They probably know what he's talking about more than that guy.

catdaddy66 12-09-2013 05:58 PM

Work ethic issues? Maybe...

Character risk?? Hardly!

hellraiser24 12-09-2013 05:59 PM

I follow that guy on Twitter, and trust me when I say he does not know much about college football. He doesn't do enough research and is often corrected by other Falcons beat writers in his assumptions on certain draft prospects. Just recently his article was quoted in a conversation amongst some Falcons fans, and one of the writers from Charleston, SC was quick to point out that Clowney's teammates and coaches both love and respect him, and that he is playing through injuries - not the type of player that is selfish and the injury issues alone negate the argument that he is selfish or lacks a high motor. Also, the whole taken plays off argument, all great players take plays off every now and then. If the ball is not going Clowney's direction, then I understand him letting his teammates work for the tackle this year, instead of stressing his foot any further in a slim hope of running down the ball carrier.

EDIT: Follow @ScottCarasik if you are a Falcons fan. He is one of the most knowledgeable guys IMO. Today he wrote that NFL GM's will look into Clowney's background and work ethic and see that there are no issues. Also said that front offices will tell the presses different things, like a smokescreen, to keep their agendas hidden from other franchises.

If Clowney is available by the time the Falcons pick, they will take him. Defensively, the Falcons need all the help they can get on pass rushing.

usc1 12-09-2013 05:59 PM

To put it short, he's making up stuff. And to compare Clowney to Haynesworth is straight disrespectful.

The Yancey 12-09-2013 06:04 PM

That is just a load of BS.

USCBASEBALL1 12-09-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big-Cock (Post 4023849)
Not sure I feel the same way. I do have mixed feelings about Clowney but this isn't good for him.

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2013/12...oor-work-ethic

Some is accurate and some of it is not. Clowney certainly would take plays off and I know he wasn't crazy about the weight room. I have not heard one credible Coach state Clowney had any attitude problem. If he did Spurrier I believe would have let us know.

crowcutta 12-09-2013 06:05 PM

im sure we'll see more bad articles like this alongside more level headed articles. teams will do a ton of homework on clowney, but its the same thing they do with any high draft pick. other than that ill wait to discuss the draft after our season.

markp_vip 12-09-2013 06:37 PM

If you look at the fine print it clearly states that this message has been approved by picks 2-10 of the 2014 NFL Draft.

Big-Cock 12-09-2013 06:39 PM

Yeah I don't feel the same as he does. I know Clowney took plays off and was probably due to the fact he was frustrated most of the time that they never came his way and was always chipped or double teamed him.

Either way still not good publicity.

cocky-K 12-09-2013 06:54 PM

Even if he were an entitled prima donna, Atlanta wouldn't pass on him. Clowney is going to get drug through the mud before its all said and done, b/c it's all about tv ratings and hits on a website.

2000grad 12-09-2013 07:06 PM

NFL guys have already said they don't see a problem

ccured 12-09-2013 07:09 PM

the taking plays off thing is ridiculous. Every defensive lineman takes plays off

usc90grad 12-09-2013 07:52 PM

He's still not going any lower than #3 to Atlanta.

InletCock1989 12-09-2013 08:00 PM

Clowney to Haynesworth?!?! WOW, this guys stuff just became Irrelevant after one sentence!

SC Tag 12-09-2013 08:07 PM

I would have a bad work ethic to if I was working a 60 hr work week essentially for free, while people are telling me that I could have been a millionaire last year.

I mean how would anyone feel. I'm sure that when the money starts to come in he will be fully motivated.

AtlGAMECOCK 12-10-2013 07:18 AM

I still can't figure out why clowney didn't get the foot surgery during the off season

gamecock88 12-10-2013 07:56 AM

The comparisons aside, the guy's partly right. Clowney did come in out of shape for the season and had excuses each week until after mid season. The foot surgery we have heard about since HS yet it still hasn't been done. Why?? He bought into all the hype as we al did but he still had an off season. Maybe he gets re-focused in the NFL off season but he wasn't this past one that's 100% for sure.

Cocky chick 12-10-2013 08:06 AM

Love Clowney and love my Gamecocks, but I think if we're all completely honest, we will admit that he was somewhat of a disappointment this year. Of course, there's no way he could have lived up to the pre-season hype, but it did get frustrating to see one thing after another come up as an excuse why he didn't play, or why he didn't play well. I know I expected Superman this year, and it just didn't happen. I guess it's somewhat understandable if he wanted to be sure to be healthy for next year, but again it's disappointing to think that he didn't give the Gamecocks 100% this year. Having said all that, I hope he gets picked right away and terrorizes QBs all over the NFL next year!

pitchcock 12-10-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Tag (Post 4024071)
I would have a bad work ethic to if I was working a 60 hr work week essentially for free, while people are telling me that I could have been a millionaire last year.

I mean how would anyone feel. I'm sure that when the money starts to come in he will be fully motivated.

Absolute nonsense.