CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Ahmad Christian is Transferring (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=201931)

b381l 12-09-2013 07:28 PM

Ahmad Christian is Transferring
 
The coaches are aware of this and have talked to him. He may have thought he could transfer and not sit out....but because they play baseball at the same level as us, he would have to sit out. No decision yet.

Per TBS

USCBASEBALL1 12-09-2013 07:30 PM

Re: Ahmad Christian - Considering Transferring To Coastal To Play Baseball
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by b381l (Post 4024001)
The coaches are aware of this and have talked to him. He may have thought he could transfer and not sit out....but because they play baseball at the same level as us, he would have to sit out. No decision yet.

Per TBS

Hopefully they can talk him out of leaving.

Willy B. 12-09-2013 07:35 PM

Re: Ahmad Christian - Considering Transferring To Coastal To Play Baseball
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 (Post 4024003)
Hopefully they can talk him out of leaving.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2013/...south-carolina

Nah.

He was one of the two hands that made the catch to end our season's dreams.

PageUSC 12-09-2013 07:37 PM

Re: Ahmad Christian - Considering Transferring To Coastal To Play Baseball
 
The baseball staff here thinks he's good enough to play for them.

So why would he transfer to play for Coastal if he's good enough to play at USC? If he has any future in baseball he'd be good enough to play here. He's obviously good enough to be a starter on the football team here and would have a future in the NFL if he worked hard enough.

Barry_gamecock 12-09-2013 07:39 PM

Re: Ahmad Christian - Considering Transferring To Coastal To Play Baseball
 
I think he's a pretty good DB. Would play a lot next year. If he's good enough at baseball he should be able to play here.

Carolina4Life 12-09-2013 07:40 PM

Re: Ahmad Christian - Considering Transferring To Coastal To Play Baseball
 
This is bizarre.

FlorenceCock 12-09-2013 07:40 PM

Re: Ahmad Christian - Considering Transferring To Coastal To Play Baseball
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PageUSC (Post 4024017)
The baseball staff here thinks he's good enough to play for them.

So why would he transfer to play for Coastal if he's good enough to play at USC? If he has any future in baseball he'd be good enough to play here. He's obviously good enough to be a starter on the football team here and would have a future in the NFL if he worked hard enough.

Chad has made it pretty clear in several interviews that he and Shon will not make the roster this year and that they need to stick to football.....

b381l 12-09-2013 07:41 PM

Re: Ahmad Christian - Considering Transferring To Coastal To Play Baseball
 
The good news is that the coaches have talked to him about all his options to make sure he doesn't just make an impulsive decision.

I assumed he would probably start for us next year at CB.

InletCock1989 12-09-2013 07:49 PM

Re: Ahmad Christian - Considering Transferring To Coastal To Play Baseball
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Willy B. (Post 4024015)
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2013/...south-carolina

Nah.

He was one of the two hands that made the catch to end our season's dreams.

Why because the receiver made a great catch? You want the kid off the team for one play? I'm guessing you were all for Garcia leaving too right? Or how about Mike Davis when he fumbled 3 times in one game?


smh

Jim Lahey 12-09-2013 08:36 PM

Re: Ahmad Christian - Considering Transferring To Coastal To Play Baseball
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Willy B. (Post 4024015)
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2013/...south-carolina

Nah.

He was one of the two hands that made the catch to end our season's dreams.

:thumbs: No way he gets the blame for that. North made one hell of a catch.

Emery 12-09-2013 08:42 PM

Re: Ahmad Christian - Considering Transferring To Coastal To Play Baseball
 
Potential starting CB for a top 10 SEC team v. playing college baseball at Coastal? Sounds like weak sauce to me.

b381l 12-09-2013 08:44 PM

Re: Ahmad Christian - Considering Transferring To Coastal To Play Baseball
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Lahey (Post 4024111)
:thumbs: No way he gets the blame for that. North made one hell of a catch.

North was more lucky than good on that catch.....the fact the ball was in perfect position and the only place the catch could happen was almost impossible.

SC Tag 12-09-2013 08:48 PM

Re: Ahmad Christian - Considering Transferring To Coastal To Play Baseball
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emery (Post 4024115)
Potential starting CB for a top 10 SEC team v. playing college baseball at Coastal? Sounds like weak sauce to me.

He would probably rather make the MLB than the NFL, which makes sense. More guaranteed money and less injuries. I say somebody just makes Chad put him on the baseball team. It's not like he is taking any of their scholarships.

Luke Skycocker 12-09-2013 08:55 PM

Re: Ahmad Christian - Considering Transferring To Coastal To Play Baseball
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Tag (Post 4024124)
He would probably rather make the MLB than the NFL, which makes sense. More guaranteed money and less injuries. I say somebody just makes Chad put him on the baseball team. It's not like he is taking any of their scholarships.

Only more money if you're good enough to make it. You can waste away in the minors forever, like most people do. And while he wouldn't take a scholarship away, he would take up a roster spot which we could use for someone else

Hoodrow Wilson 12-09-2013 09:19 PM

I honestly wouldn't be upset.


Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android

garnet_black215 12-09-2013 09:21 PM

Re: Ahmad Christian - Considering Transferring To Coastal To Play Baseball
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoodrow Wilson (Post 4024163)
I honestly wouldn't be upset.


Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android

Why? Do you like having only two true CB's on the roster? Do you prefer having no depth at that position next year?

Certainly there's a reason.

PageUSC 12-09-2013 09:36 PM

Re: Ahmad Christian - Considering Transferring To Coastal To Play Baseball
 
He's gone. He's notified the staff he's transferring.

Carolina Faithful 12-09-2013 09:36 PM

Re: Ahmad Christian - Considering Transferring To Coastal To Play Baseball
 
Confirmed per tbs

ipull4usc 12-09-2013 09:37 PM

Re: Ahmad Christian - Considering Transferring To Coastal To Play Baseball
 
TBS now reporting he's gone. Unbelievable. Well, there should be no excuse not to land some top corners in this class. We have a great recruiting pitch: come and immediately start for a top 10 SEC team that churns out NFL DBs. If you can't recruit under those conditions then you can't recruit worth a damn.

U-Dub Gamecock 12-09-2013 09:39 PM

Re: Ahmad Christian - Considering Transferring To Coastal To Play Baseball
 
Damn... Couldn't he wait until after the bowl game? Way to let all your teammates down...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.