CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   FSU Favored by 8.5 Over Auburn? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=201932)

usc90grad 12-09-2013 07:43 PM

FSU Favored by 8.5 Over Auburn?

Anyone else think this is crazy?

B-G 12-09-2013 07:44 PM

Re: FSU Favored by 8.5 Over Auburn?

No.

Thenardier 12-09-2013 08:05 PM

Yup.

ReadR00ster 12-09-2013 08:08 PM

Not, crazy if you think FSU can stop Auburn's offense, which I don't, but some people do. Also, I think too many are giving FSU too much credit for blowing out bad teams and an overrated Clemson and Miami.

ColaCock 12-10-2013 01:32 AM

On one hand, Auburn looks strong enough to compete with most good teams.

On another hand, they won 2 of their last 3 games on a LOT of luck. 2 plays away from Chick-Fil-A Bowl.

Some people feel like its better to be lucky than good...but some people know luck runs out at some point.

With that said, I still think Auburn wins.

gAmkok 12-10-2013 01:40 AM

Gonna be awful hard for FSU to dislodge Auburn's horseshoe. That team is has some kind of lucky streak going.

usc90grad 12-10-2013 11:03 AM

FSU's strength of schedule sucks. They beat Clemson and that's it.

carolina_corpsman 12-10-2013 11:17 AM

Auburns version of the running attack is more potent than ANYTHING FSU has seen this year. They have threats to take it to the house all over the field. What was the best rushing attack FSU played this year? GA tech? I also think Auburn will slow them down a little, on offense, just given that there is ZERO defense in the ACC, a mediocre SEC D shuold be more than they are used to. But, we will just have to wait and see.

treys1986 12-10-2013 11:21 AM

I don't think that's crazy. Florida State is a good football team. Auburn is too, but I think FSU is the most complete team in the country.

MisterClowney 12-10-2013 11:23 AM

Hard to predict this one. On one hand you have the most talented offense in the nation featuring one of the best WR corps in recent memory. Then you have Auburn who has played better competition, but gotten by on the skin of their teeth in 2 of their biggest games. I have no idea what will happen other than it will be high scoring.

treys1986 12-10-2013 11:43 AM

I think it will be high scoring on one side. I think FSU is going to put as many points up as they want to. However, I don't think Auburn is going to move the ball like they have recently. Remember, Auburn was somewhat able to slow them down in 2010 in the National Championship game after a month to prepare. FSU has better talent and a better defense than Oregon did that year.

Regalcock 12-10-2013 11:46 AM

I have seen plenty of good games end up in a 10 to 14 pt contest by the end so I don't think 8.5 is any crazy spread.

Harry Tuttle 12-10-2013 11:50 AM

FSU hasn't played a single team this year capable of smacking them in the mouth. Clemson may have been capable, but they laid an egg similar to us against Tennessee. Auburn is going to get to Winston. If he gets jittery Auburn wins, if not, FSU wins big.

ShutTheSuccop 12-10-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColaCock (Post 4024564)

On another hand, they won 2 of their last 3 games on a LOT of luck. 2 plays away from Chick-Fil-A Bowl.

Some people feel like its better to be lucky than good...but some people know luck runs out at some point.

I agree 100%

cockinraleigh 12-10-2013 12:11 PM

Auburn's defense is very suspect. They probably have to score 40 or 50 to win. But as they showed last week, they can do it.

ReadR00ster 12-10-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColaCock (Post 4024564)

Luck applies to to every game, on every play and when games ares close it is just more noticeable.

Thenardier 12-10-2013 12:19 PM

The game is going to be won in the trenches, the past 7 years have shown that the SEC is best at doing that.

Spurrier Fan 12-10-2013 12:31 PM

No.

Both have very good offenses. FSU's defense is a lot better though.

The knock against FSU is they've played a weak schedule, which is true, but you have to look past that. They have been flat out dominant. In their one game against a fairly good team they went on the road and slapped around Clemson like a red headed step child.

However, in the one game they have looked vulnerable, albeit in a 14 point win, was against Boston College and their running game. Now they will face the best rushing attack in the nation, one that ran through Missouri's defense like shit through a goose. They are going to give FSU's defense all they can handle but conversely I see FSU having little trouble against Auburn's suspect defense. In the end with the better defense of FSU you have to give them the edge and see why they are understandably 8.5 favorites.

boonyg 12-10-2013 12:43 PM

if auburn doesn't turn the ball over they will win. alabama has at least as good a D as Fl st and they couldn't stop them. They did slow them a little but I do think Bama's D is better overall and Auburn is just peaking at the right time. Something no one else has mentioned is that Fl St. pretty much didn't have their starters in after half time in almost all of their games. it will be interesting to see how they respond to having to play for four quarters. That coupled with SEC trench warfare that Aubie will be battle tested for will be the difference in this game in my opinion. That, and i think Malzahn is just a better coach than Jimbo.

LeeSC 12-10-2013 05:24 PM

Auburn has been in the National Championship conversation for 3 days...... FSU has been in the conversation for 3 months. It was going to take something a little extreme to get the money flowing on the Auburn side.

When the dust settles I expect the spread to end up in the 3 to 4 point range.