CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Diners, Drive ins and dives (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=201939)

Nassau Gamecock 12-09-2013 11:10 PM

Diners, Drive ins and dives

I know this should be in the eats forum but is time sensitive,, a buddy - Manuel Arrendondo _will be on this show 10pm EST from his restaurant in Cabo. He has had restaurants in Ajijic Mx, Dallas, Tx and is a master chef. Some of the best food I've ever had is with him, He has a great family (Wife is a lovely Colombian MD) and produces exquisite cuisine.
Give it a watch!

SWAGGGA 12-10-2013 12:42 AM

Re: Diners, Drive ins and dives

Sometimes when i watch that show i wonder if in his head hes like "damn this taste like shit" when hevtakes a nibble and forces a smile and says "mmmmmm real good"

Hahaha

ktguen 12-10-2013 12:49 AM

I love watching that show but then I just get sad that I can't eat all the food.

SWAGGGA 12-10-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktguen (Post 4024543)
I love watching that show but then I just get sad that I can't eat all the food.

Lololol girls and their emotional attachment to food. Yall are so silly

Regalcock 12-10-2013 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nassau Gamecock (Post 4024375)
I know this should be in the eats forum but is time sensitive,, a buddy - Manuel Arrendondo _will be on this show 10pm EST from his restaurant in Cabo. He has had restaurants in Ajijic Mx, Dallas, Tx and is a master chef. Some of the best food I've ever had is with him, He has a great family (Wife is a lovely Colombian MD) and produces exquisite cuisine.
Give it a watch!

Ok I taped it and will watch it tomorrow. Thanks.

Nassau Gamecock 12-10-2013 08:05 AM

Manuel was on at the end - he's a very elegant guy and looks to me he got the short schrift. He's cooked haute Mexican cuisine in the White House for GHW Bush and his attention to detail is extraordinary.

gamecock88 12-10-2013 08:13 AM

Been to many places from DDD and some are great, some not so much so. Hell, he went to the Beacon in Spartanburg which is a $h1t hole and some of the worst food you can find.

catdaddy66 12-10-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecock88 (Post 4024685)
Been to many places from DDD and some are great, some not so much so. Hell, he went to the Beacon in Spartanburg which is a $h1t hole and some of the worst food you can find.

True! But it's a landmark.

HardRockCock 12-10-2013 10:00 PM

Guy has the best job in the world, that is what I want to do when I retire.

I have been to probably 6 or 7 of the places I have seen on his show, prolly been to a few others but haven't seen them on the show and I have been to some that are deserving of being on the show.

trapper82 12-10-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

The Beacon used to be a lot better.

I have eaten at a handful of DDD alums, Pawley's Front Porch in Columbia should get a visit from everyone.

gamecock88 12-10-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trapper82 (Post 4025462)
The Beacon used to be a lot better.

I have eaten at a handful of DDD alums, Pawley's Front Porch in Columbia should get a visit from everyone.

True. Guy went to perfectly franks in Summerville and the tattooed moose in charleston. Both are pretty good.

MEL 12-11-2013 06:48 AM

Three weeks ago I ate at a DDD establishment - Big Daddy's BBQ in Fairbanks, AK. I have to say that it was very good food.

pitchcock 12-11-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trapper82 (Post 4025462)

I've eaten at Pawleys 3 times. First time was pretty good, but the last two were progressively worse. One of these days I'm going back for the 4th and final tiebreaker.

Regalcock 12-11-2013 11:49 PM

Ok finally watched the show.

First off. I want to eat at solomans landing in cabo. That snapper and lobster dish looked delightful and the stuffed French toast.

As for the op's boy. I am not a big fan of sushi but he is a definitely a surgeon who knows what he is doing. I would love to try his stuff someday.

Thanks for clueing me in.

Nassau Gamecock 12-12-2013 07:56 AM

Beats me with that sushi stuff, too. Manuels's cuisine is normally traditional haute Mexican cuisine- yes there is such a thing- that to me is head and shoulders above Bayless. He does small dishes with pork belly or seafood that is extraordinary. I wasn't pleased with the show presentation, but then at least he was on.

jayceecock 12-12-2013 09:27 AM

Two best DDD visited establishments that I enjoyed were Dixie Supply Bakery and Café and Tattooed Moose, both located in Charleston.

Perfectly Franks was okay. Nothing to get excited about, it's a grilled Nathan hotdog. Pork chop sandwich was okay. Pawley's was disappointing, I guess I expected more.

Two worst: The Beacon and Harold's in Gaffney. Disgusting.

PageUSC 12-12-2013 10:14 AM

He's been to The Early Bird in Charleston(west Ashley)too. It's on the money.Chicken and Waffles

Cocky chick 12-12-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Thems fightin' words, there!

ktguen 12-12-2013 10:46 AM

The Marietta Diner in Marietta, GA is a DDD restaurant and really good. I hope to go back one of these days/

usc_yogi 12-12-2013 12:03 PM

I love the show and it always seems like it is on when I am channel surfing. There is no way I could pretend to like something I didn't. I would love to go to a lot of the places he visits and really need to try to do so when I travel.

Here is a fan website that does a list of each place by state. I am not sure how current it is though.

http://www.flavortownusa.com/states