CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   I admit, I love Wisconsin (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=201975)

trapper82 12-11-2013 12:16 AM

I admit, I love Wisconsin

Beer, cheese, more beer, bratwurst, more beer, foam cheese heads, and more beer. What is not to like? So far all their fans are nice. I wish we didn't have to play these fine folks, would love going to one of their tailgates too. Nebraska and Michigan were easy to dislike, these guys are one of my favorite Big whatever teams.

Beating them will still be cool though.

lake-cityCOCK89 12-11-2013 12:22 AM

Re: I admit, I love Wisconsin

I hope our players view them as the cockiest bunch of stiffs they have ever seen that need to be shown how football is really played.

I'm sure they're great people, it's fact I want to win.

Kick their ass

ReadR00ster 12-11-2013 12:24 AM

I can get beer, brats, and cheese right here in South Carolina. And I can get better BBQ and chicken and not freeze my tookus off.

Cockypantherfan 12-11-2013 12:26 AM

Maybe their plan is to "kill us with kindness" and just when we are done cozying up to them the bring out the knifeand BAM.. Knife in our back.

SimpleGamecock 12-11-2013 12:36 AM

Want to beat Wisconsin handily but I see what you're saying, they are good folks, I like WI way more than that s***hole of Ohio

BeerandBacon 12-11-2013 12:40 AM

I've been to Wisconsin a few times. Always enjoyed my stay. I hope we enjoy our trip to Orlando more than them though.

b381l 12-11-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trapper82 (Post 4025570)
Beer, cheese, more beer, bratwurst, more beer, foam cheese heads, and more beer. What is not to like? So far all their fans are nice. I wish we didn't have to play these fine folks, would love going to one of their tailgates too. Nebraska and Michigan were easy to dislike, these guys are one of my favorite Big whatever teams.

Beating them will still be cool though.

The Nebraska and Michigan people I met were really nice.

Gamecock Rob 12-11-2013 12:45 AM

Old friend of mine is a Sconnie grad, great guy and all his friends I've met are too.

SirBigSpur 12-11-2013 12:52 AM

As long as we remind their fans what "Gameday, the garnet way!" feels like. (Gamecock Victory)

zoobadger 12-11-2013 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4025584)
I can get beer, brats, and cheese right here in South Carolina. And I can get better BBQ and chicken and not freeze my tookus off.

It's 12 degrees in Madison right now. And a cold front is coming through tomorrow.

According to the National Weather Service it's going to be sunny and 55 in Columbia tomorrow with light and variable winds. You can literally eat your BBQ and chicken outside! In December! So, on that basis, I'll concede the point.

Lotsa good food in Madison, though if you ever get up this way.

trapper82 12-11-2013 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b381l (Post 4025610)
The Nebraska and Michigan people I met were really nice.

Was referring more to the teams/coaches. Dennard/Pelini and Brady Hoke bugged me.

sc455 12-11-2013 04:17 AM

From.what i see, they are smart asses who wont still be laughing at us if we win.

GarnetSwarm1990 12-11-2013 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoobadger (Post 4025657)
It's 12 degrees in Madison right now. And a cold front is coming through tomorrow.

According to the National Weather Service it's going to be sunny and 55 in Columbia tomorrow with light and variable winds. You can literally eat your BBQ and chicken outside! In December! So, on that basis, I'll concede the point.

:thumbsup::lol:

B-G 12-11-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoobadger (Post 4025657)

55??? that's freezing!

lakemurraycock 12-11-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4025584)

The freezing of the tookus increases your consumption of the beer, brats and cheese though.

lakemurraycock 12-11-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-G (Post 4025723)
55??? that's freezing!

It should warm up next week a couple of days are supposed to be in the mid 60s.

cocky0 12-11-2013 08:01 AM

I've been to Wisconsin several times, and I've always enjoyed my time there. I've told the wife several times that I would consider living there if I ever get tired of living here.

And I would say that the Badgers are probably my favorite Big Ten team.

But I want our boys to put an ass-whooping on them the likes of which they've never seen.

No offense, of course.

d20636 12-11-2013 08:19 AM

Mmmmm.....Cheese Curds! One of the joes in my platon was from Wisconson - always loved it when he came back from leave. Bags o'cheese curds and venison smoked sausage...

12 degrees can kiss my ass tho' - never again.

Looking forward to the game - it's going to be a good one!

BadgerBadger 12-11-2013 08:25 AM

Badger alum here. I have the fortune of living in Minneapolis, which makes Madison feel veritably tropical. Thought you Cocks would get a laugh out of the fact that we're looking forward to a high of -2 today! Couple that with a 20 mph wind and you have pure arctic bliss (think "Fargo").

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to meeting a bunch of you in Florida. We Badgers, especially the more seasoned ones who attended Mad Town pre-Alvarez, treat our games as the icing on top of the cake. The cake being the party, of course.

Enjoy your balmy day!

RoosterBooster 12-11-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadgerBadger (Post 4025750)
Badger alum here. I have the fortune of living in Minneapolis, which makes Madison feel veritably tropical. Thought you Cocks would get a laugh out of the fact that we're looking forward to a high of -2 today! Couple that with a 20 mph wind and you have pure arctic bliss (think "Fargo").

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to meeting a bunch of you in Florida. We Badgers, especially the more seasoned ones who attended Mad Town pre-Alvarez, treat our games as the icing on top of the cake. The cake being the party, of course.

Enjoy your balmy day!

We know the feeling on the second part. The Game was once what you did after tailgating. Now it is what you look forward to after tailgating. I will have to tell you though, and I have been to Lambeau. Never been to Camp Randall but would love to add that to my list of stadiums. But I have been to every SEC stadium but Kyle Field, every ACC stadium except the last expansion, been to the Big House, the Horseshoe and Lincoln. We ain't never lost at tailgatin' and don't plan to.