CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   CFB Nation (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=201987)

Woody7687 12-11-2013 11:33 AM

CFB Nation

I've noticed on ESPN.com that quite a few teams have a blog that covers just that one team. How come we don't have one and do you think its worth having. It doesn't bother me either way just wondering why more teams aren't listed.

ipull4usc 12-11-2013 11:46 AM

Re: CFB Nation

Those teams are:

Bama
Auburn
Florida
Florida St
Georgia
LSU
Michigan
Nebraska
Notre Dame
Ohio St
Oklahoma
Oregon
Penn St
Stanford
Texas
Texas A&M
Southern Cal

The majority of those teams are college football's bluebloods, the cream-of-the-crop. Like it or not there will always be significantly more fan interest in these teams. Oregon and Stanford are the newer kids on the block. I have never even been to the Pacific Northwest, much less lived there, so I can't speak to the fan interest in Oregon up there, but they obviously have one heck of a program and their program generates a lot of national interest due to their style of play, uniforms, notable players, etc. Stanford's inclusion on College Football Nation is the only team where I take a step back and say "hmmm." Granted, their program is currently one of the best in the nation. But does it really generate that much fan interest? They have a 50,000 seat stadium.

I understand A&M's inclusion because they are the new exciting program with an enormous fan base.

As for Carolina, I don't think we have such an enormous fanbase or national interest to justify a Gamecock blog.

Woody7687 12-11-2013 12:41 PM

yeah thats what I figured, Tenn, clemson, and miami arent listed either. Just wondered about this is all.

COCKYWOOD 12-12-2013 03:19 AM

Then again maybe we do.

InletCock1989 12-12-2013 04:41 AM

Winning cures all

Spur's Addiction 12-12-2013 08:47 AM

It's because ESPN hates us!

gamecockphan 12-12-2013 09:05 AM

Stanford's inclusion is odd. From my personal experience- They have minimal fan support. I know multiple Stanford grads who are sports fans and all of them keep up with the team but not with the fervor of an SEC fan or even a Clemson fan.

Clowneygotcha 12-12-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ipull4usc (Post 4025895)
Those teams are:

Bama
Auburn
Florida
Florida St
Georgia
LSU
Michigan
Nebraska
Notre Dame
Ohio St
Oklahoma
Oregon
Penn St
Stanford
Texas
Texas A&M
Southern Cal

The majority of those teams are college football's bluebloods, the cream-of-the-crop. Like it or not there will always be significantly more fan interest in these teams. Oregon and Stanford are the newer kids on the block. I have never even been to the Pacific Northwest, much less lived there, so I can't speak to the fan interest in Oregon up there, but they obviously have one heck of a program and their program generates a lot of national interest due to their style of play, uniforms, notable players, etc. Stanford's inclusion on College Football Nation is the only team where I take a step back and say "hmmm." Granted, their program is currently one of the best in the nation. But does it really generate that much fan interest? They have a 50,000 seat stadium.

I understand A&M's inclusion because they are the new exciting program with an enormous fan base.

As for Carolina, I don't think we have such an enormous fanbase or national interest to justify a Gamecock blog.

Have you even been outside of the state of South Carolina? They are everywhere.