CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Facebook Posts You Hate (or Dislike) (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=201993)

3MTA3 12-11-2013 02:01 PM

Facebook Posts You Hate (or Dislike)

Hey, why focus on workout updates?

Get in this thread to whine about all of your facebook friends' status / pictures / links / etc that really grind your gears!

Don't like someone who posts pictures of their food? How about the 20,000 baby pictures that the person posted in the past half an hour? Or the 500 youtube videos they posted that ended up in your newsfeed? Then there's the infamous political rant that just eats at you. Tell us about it, here! Because, after all- maybe there is someone reading this thread that is guilty of one of the infractions that you just absolutely loathe...well, if so- you surely wouldnt want them to go without having read about how much their type of posts annoy you, would you? THEY MUST BE TOLD! THEY MUST BE CRITICIZED, RIDICULED, MOCKED! You must do your duty to voice your displeasure!

Or maybe you just HATE facebook! You're not on it, and you want to be sure everyone knows that, and offer a backhanded ridicule of anyone who is on facebook. If so- then this thread is for you, too!!!

So, let's hear them! Be the miserable person you are inside, right here on the interwebz for all to see!

:woo:

ktguen 12-11-2013 02:04 PM

Re: Facebook Posts You Hate (or Dislike)

I mentioned this in the other thread, but it freaks me out so much I'm posting it here too.

A week or so ago the trend was "x number of facts about me", then you like their status, they assign you a number, and post that number of facts about yourself. Stupid, but whatever. People are going to do it. Then it switched to "facts about my relationship/marriage". Ok. Little more annoying and weird. A friend of mine was gushing about his love for his girlfriend of one month and how she's "changed his life" and she is "the most perfect person ever". Blah.

Then the other day, it became "facts about my pregnancy" OK NO. STOP IT. An old friend was the first one I saw do it, and it included things like "we never saw ______'s face on a sonogram because he was always hiding his face behind my placenta". I'M DONE WITH YOU. WHY PUT THAT ON SOCIAL MEDIA. GOODBYE.

d20636 12-11-2013 02:06 PM

"97% of you won't repost this because..."

I wish 100% hadn't in the first place...

Gaichon 12-11-2013 02:08 PM

Yesterday I did 100 Double-Unders to warm-up, then 5x5 heavy front squats. Followed that up with "Stan" which is a couplet of 21-15-9 set of ring push-ups and ring dips. Finale was a few more push-ups and planks.

I figure I'll start posting my work-outs on Cockytalk.

Today is 30 135# thrusters; 30 push-ups; 30 135# push-jerks, 30 knees-to-elbows.

ktguen 12-11-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d20636 (Post 4026072)
"97% of you won't repost this because..."

I wish 100% hadn't in the first place...

Those are great too. "Keep scrolling if you hate Jesus. Remember he saw you read this"

3MTA3 12-11-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaichon (Post 4026075)
Yesterday I did 100 Double-Unders to warm-up, then 5x5 heavy front squats. Followed that up with "Stan" which is a couplet of 21-15-9 set of ring push-ups and ring dips. Finale was a few more push-ups and planks.

I figure I'll start posting my work-outs on Cockytalk.

Today is 30 135# thrusters; 30 push-ups; 30 135# push-jerks, 30 knees-to-elbows.

literally laughed out loud at this post.

well done.

Sonofacock 12-11-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktguen (Post 4026076)
Those are great too. "Keep scrolling if you hate Jesus. Remember he saw you read this"

Yeah or the ones for people that died, or your mother, or like if you hate cancer

4gamecockfb 12-11-2013 02:21 PM

facebook sucks

usc1 12-11-2013 02:26 PM

Clemson fans. I'm thinking of one in particular who posted that she was a "diehard gamecock fan" until she went to college at Clemson. Now she's a Clemson fan. No, you were never a diehard USC fan. You can't be a diehard fan and switch colors. It's almost disrespectful to the true diehards.

robgusc76 12-11-2013 02:31 PM

LOL where does the list start:

First off, every time I see a dude post a picture of himself in front of a mirror with his cell phone, I want to slap him. And this goes for all variations. The Mirror selfie with the middle finger up, the mirror selfie with the shirt pulled up just past your stomach so we can see your non existent abs…Just freaking stop!

And teenage girls who think they are gangsters! You're not gonna "beat dat b***" up. You're gonna talk about it on Facebook and then do nothing.

And Im sorry, but liking a picture of Jesus is not going to prove or disprove my faith.

USCBatgirl21 12-11-2013 02:33 PM

The damn camel posts on Wednesday, which have now morphed into the "Guess what day Christmas falls on" with a damn camel on it!

cocky0 12-11-2013 02:36 PM

There's a lot of them that I don't like. I just hide those people from my newsfeed and move on.

treys1986 12-11-2013 02:37 PM

The one thing I can't stand about facebook is the people that feel the need to share every single thing that they see on facebook. I will have like 25 posts in a row that is nothing but someone sharing a photo, or link, or video or whatever the heck it is that they see. It absolutely drives me insane.

Gyle41386 12-11-2013 02:40 PM

Bitstrips.

robgusc76 12-11-2013 02:41 PM

Bitstrips became annoying REAL FAST. I blocked those the first day. I don't give a crap about what you're doing in the first place, I definitely don't want to see it animated.

catdaddy66 12-11-2013 02:51 PM

The hyper political posters... Yeah, yeah, we get it. You hate "L's" or "R's" or "I's".

Shut up.

Spur's Addiction 12-11-2013 02:57 PM

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...Yk4S42C-yvtB7g

Any of these type of posts

Spur's Addiction 12-11-2013 02:58 PM

Auto-playing videos. Seems to be a new feature.

ktguen 12-11-2013 03:06 PM

Super political posters suck. When they get their posts from some crazy radical, obviously fake and biased blog. The posts article like "(insert political figure here) admits to murdering puppies for fun!" And honestly believes it.

In fact, maybe it's just my timeline but the overall gullibility has shot up in the past year or so. People need a lesson in satire. Nick Saban did not come out and say all those quotes about how he plans to have his team show up at the National Championship anyway, stop sharing it and posting how you "lost respect" for him

Most recently several of my college friends have been sharing a link about how a doctor supposedly came out and admitted the Gardasil vaccine was completely made of poison and how everyone who took it will probably die. And then commented with things like "O WOW GLAD I DIDN'T GET THIS SHOT!" DO YOU REALLY THINK this wouldn't make national news? And the first alert would come from a website littered with advertisements and popups and with a URL like "drugnewz.com"?

bmccall 12-11-2013 03:08 PM

Just glad I deleted my facebook.