CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Ticket sales going well? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202007)

kingoftheroost 12-11-2013 07:44 PM

Ticket sales going well?

Does anyone know how ticket sales are going for our side? I'm just curious because gamecocksonline.com has one of the main articles as, "Top 14 Reasons to go to the 2014 Capital One Bowl."

This makes me think sales aren't going very well on our end. I hope it's not a case of fans not buying tickets just because they're unhappy about which bowl we're in. I know if I could afford to go, I certainly would.

So if you're in a position to go (financially and availability), please go and support our gamecocks and prove we are the best fans in the country.

Gamecocks321 12-11-2013 10:18 PM

Re: Ticket sales going well?

Bump, I'm curious as well.

Gamecockman12 12-11-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingoftheroost (Post 4026457)
Does anyone know how ticket sales are going for our side? I'm just curious because gamecocksonline.com has one of the main articles as, "Top 14 Reasons to go to the 2014 Capital One Bowl."

This makes me think sales aren't going very well on our end. I hope it's not a case of fans not buying tickets just because they're unhappy about which bowl we're in. I know if I could afford to go, I certainly would.

So if you're in a position to go (financially and availability), please go and support our gamecocks and prove we are the best fans in the country.

You need to go down there and support the gamecocks.

uscgamecocks88 12-11-2013 10:25 PM

I would really like to but I'm not part of the GC so from what I understand, I'm not eligible to buy them from the school at this point.

I may end up buying them on Stub Hub or Ticket master if I end up going.

I really want to but we will have to see...

Go Gamecocks! Beat Wisconsin!

U-Dub Gamecock 12-11-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 (Post 4026584)
I would really like to but I'm not part of the GC so from what I understand, I'm not eligible to buy them from the school at this point.

I may end up buying them on Stub Hub or Ticket master if I end up going.

I really want to but we will have to see...

Go Gamecocks! Beat Wisconsin!

Go through ticketmaster... You will get to select exactly where you want to sit.. That is what I did Monday Morning.

Tony 12-11-2013 10:29 PM

Looks like cheap tickets are available on ticketmaster etc for $40-$45 in corners of upper decks. Thinking me and the wife could make the trip with 2 nites motel within walking distance of stadium, tickets, gas and meals for $500. Not bad, thinking about doing it.

JAYBEZ 12-11-2013 10:33 PM

We may get some info on this tomorrow. Today was the last day for GC members to submit their bowl ticket request.

b381l 12-11-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony (Post 4026590)
Looks like cheap tickets are available on ticketmaster etc for $40-$45 in corners of upper decks. Thinking me and the wife could make the trip with 2 nites motel within walking distance of stadium, tickets, gas and meals for $500. Not bad, thinking about doing it.

The stadium is not in a good area of town....do not stay at a hotel within walking distance from the stadium. I am being very serious.

U-Dub Gamecock 12-11-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b381l (Post 4026605)
The stadium is not in a good area of town....do not stay at a hotel within walking distance from the stadium. I am being very serious.

True... There are plenty of good areas around I-4(Alamonte Springs/Lake Brantley area)... Once you get closer to downtown, you might as well keep going until you get to the Sea World/ Universal area.. Which is about 7-8 miles past the Stadium( down I-4)... Lots of good places to stay there.

The Yancey 12-11-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock (Post 4026588)
Go through ticketmaster... You will get to select exactly where you want to sit.. That is what I did Monday Morning.

You realize that we do not get credit for that sale, right?

U-Dub Gamecock 12-11-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yancey (Post 4026623)
You realize that we do not get credit for that sale, right?

I'd rather not sit in the end zone...and that is exactly where the GC would put me... I have not got tickets through the GC for bowl games since Shreveport...

FWIW: the bowl people know the deal, they know how many people we actually bring..

12+4=6 12-12-2013 12:08 AM

Don't worry about ticket prices or whether or not you can buy from the school. There will be dirt cheap tickets outside the stadium before kickoff. There are always too many tickets floating around. We couldn't even GIVE our extras away in 2012.

SirBigSpur 12-12-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock (Post 4026611)
True... There are plenty of good areas around I-4(Alamonte Springs/Lake Brantley area)... Once you get closer to downtown, you might as well keep going until you get to the Sea World/ Universal area.. Which is about 7-8 miles past the Stadium( down I-4)... Lots of good places to stay there.

How do you know about the Lake Brantley area? Curious because I'm a Brantley alumnus

randyh3253 12-12-2013 01:49 AM

I bought mine Monday from Ticket City (I use them since there a US Airways Dividend Miles partner and I get double the miles on my credit card)...been burned by the Gamecock club one to many times. I received them in the mail today. There awesome, there not regular tickets, there plastic in the size and shape of a capital one credit card and look just like a credit card minus the raised letters.

uscsandstorm85 12-12-2013 02:33 AM

This is starting to feel like LSU last year.

treys1986 12-12-2013 07:59 AM

I read that Gamecocks Online tweeted that they receieved 2,500 requests on the first day. It will be opened up to Non Gamecock Club Members probably as soon as today due to the period for Gamecock Club request already being over. I really hope our fans don't let their disappointment in a bowl game that most are viewing as one of the better of the bowl season keep them from making the trip.

treys1986 12-12-2013 08:06 AM

Just saw where they are going to open it up to Non-Gamecock Club members at 8:30 this morning.

The Yancey 12-12-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBigSpur (Post 4026749)
How do you know about the Lake Brantley area? Curious because I'm a Brantley alumnus

Patrick played his HS ball there.

3MTA3 12-12-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingoftheroost (Post 4026457)

Just another fan assuming the worst based on something they read.

Color me shocked.

cocked&ready2rock 12-12-2013 09:33 AM

If you are worried about ticket prices buy them at the stadium before the game. We have done this for years. You can buy them for half what you can buy tickets for a home game. We bought four tickets and ended up throwing two away last time there just to get the seats where we wanted them. Bought four on the 40 great seats for $60.00 total. Tickets will be everywhere. Worse that a SC State game at the brice.