CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   Fowl Shots (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Carolina/Manhattan on Tuesday, 12/17 (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202120)

Cockhornleghorn 12-14-2013 11:34 PM

Carolina/Manhattan on Tuesday, 12/17

All of you going to the game on Tuesday, Manhattan shot very poorly from the free throw line when we played them in Brooklyn last December. I was at that game and got on them, big time. Everyone please remember the "Can't shoot free throws" chant for when they come out of the locker room and before their first of each set of free throws. On a 2 shot foul the chant is "one more brick" if they miss the first. Their coach will remember old Cockhornleghorn from last year since I sat right behind their bench.

CockyCody 12-15-2013 04:16 PM

Re: Carolina/Manhattan on Tuesday, 12/17

We have a basketball team?!

roosterdude21 12-15-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyCody (Post 4029008)

Just on offense

Cockhornleghorn 12-15-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Yes, and it's my favorite sport. If you only pull for one sport I wouldn't call you a Gamecock fan.

ucan'tlickourcocks 12-15-2013 09:14 PM

I will be at the woman's game Wed........ hope to beat the crap out of the tar holes!

Wiz Khalifa 12-16-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

I know right? Seems like we play one game and then take a week off. Play another, take a week off...Doesnt even feel like our season has started since we keep having these week long breaks between these games.

Cocklover 12-16-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn (Post 4029212)
Yes, and it's my favorite sport. If you only pull for one sport I wouldn't call you a Gamecock fan.

Amen on this...I follow every sport that Carolina plays.

grannycock 12-16-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Exactly, I have never figured out these people that pull for one team in football then a totally different team in basketball. That sucks. I will pull for the Gamecocks in all sports, that is what being a Gamecock is. Basketball is also my favorite. Wish I could give you points man.

TwoNotch Dreams 12-16-2013 12:57 PM

Too bad people don't support the basketball team as much as they do the football and baseball team. Most people don't know a single player on the team aside from Bruce or maybe Carrera.

If we actually gave these kids a homecourt advantage, they would actually be able to win for once.

robgusc76 12-16-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoNotch Dreams (Post 4029704)
Too bad people don't support the basketball team as much as they do the football and baseball team. Most people don't know a single player on the team aside from Bruce or maybe Carrera.

If we actually gave these kids a homecourt advantage, they would actually be able to win for once.

I follow every team at South Carolina. But in all fairness to people, its hard to follow a team that barely gets any sort of media coverage other than an article in the news paper the day after a game.

RedSoxGamecock8 12-16-2013 01:55 PM

I hope Steve Masiello rembers Cockhornleghorn. He stayed on him last year in Brooklyn I think someone even mentioned they could hear the heckaling on the radio broadcast. Masiello seemed to have fun with it though.

TwoNotch Dreams 12-16-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robgusc76 (Post 4029713)
I follow every team at South Carolina. But in all fairness to people, its hard to follow a team that barely gets any sort of media coverage other than an article in the news paper the day after a game.

That's probably a school problem then. I just think we could be doing a better job. We have one of the best coaches in college basketball.

grannycock 12-16-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robgusc76 (Post 4029713)

When we start filling those seats with asses, the press will follow.

4gamecockfb 12-16-2013 03:25 PM

is the game on tv? if so what time and channel?

aftertwobowls 12-16-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb (Post 4029810)
is the game on tv? if so what time and channel?

No, it's not televised.

Spur20001 12-16-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Agree.

CockyCody 12-16-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocklover (Post 4029571)
Amen on this...I follow every sport that Carolina plays.

I do pull for us in every sport!! Just seems that we can't ever find 5 guys that know what to do with the darn ball. It seems like forever since we have fielded a team that was competitive. I hope for the best though. Guess that I will be hoping for another year or two!!:wink:

Cockhornleghorn 12-16-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSoxGamecock8 (Post 4029753)
I hope Steve Masiello rembers Cockhornleghorn. He stayed on him last year in Brooklyn I think someone even mentioned they could hear the heckaling on the radio broadcast. Masiello seemed to have fun with it though.

He did have fun with it - one of the most fun times I've had at a basketball game. Of course, they sold beer in the arena, too. Little does he know that my seats at the CLA are near the visitors' bench.

Cockhornleghorn 12-16-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyCody (Post 4029989)
I do pull for us in every sport!! Just seems that we can't ever find 5 guys that know what to do with the darn ball. It seems like forever since we have fielded a team that was competitive. I hope for the best though. Guess that I will be hoping for another year or two!!:wink:

It has only been 5 years since we won the SEC East (tied) and maybe 7 years since we won the NIT. I want us to be successful more than anything, but we need to give Frank a few years to turn it around. Anything less is unrealistic. In the mean time, the way fans can help speed up the process is to fill the arena and make a lot of noise because that will help Frank recruit.

aftertwobowls 12-16-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn (Post 4029992)
He did have fun with it - one of the most fun times I've had at a basketball game. Of course, they sold beer in the arena, too. Little does he know that my seats at the CLA are near the visitors' bench.

I got tickets on the floor 3 rows behind the visitors' bench for the game tomorrow.