CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Gravity movie sucked (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202146)

Carolina4Life 12-15-2013 10:43 PM

Gravity movie sucked

Don't waste your money on it unless you're going to redbox it. I won't give anything away but this has to be one of the most overrated piece of garbage.

MisterClowney 12-15-2013 10:45 PM

Re: Gravity movie sucked

I found it interesting, but I don't think it deserved to be so highly rated.

Carolina4Life 12-15-2013 10:55 PM

What is so interesting about people having bad luck and floating around for the entire movie?

ipull4usc 12-15-2013 10:57 PM

I completely disagree. I saw it in 3D in theaters and thought it was thrilling and entertaining. It is a movie that needs to be watched in theaters; however, I wouldn't even bother watching it on a small screen.

GamecockNeal 12-15-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ipull4usc (Post 4029352)
I completely disagree. I saw it in 3D in theaters and thought it was thrilling and entertaining. It is a movie that needs to be watched in theaters; however, I wouldn't even bother watching it on a small screen.

Agreed. There are some movies that shouldnt be watched on anything other than the big screen and this is one of them. 3D or IMAX really makes Gravity. Another example is Avator. While the movie story had been done before, the visuals were amazing and only meant to be appreciated in the cinema.

Also, to the OP, I think most of the world that has seen it would disagree with you. We are all entitled to our own opinion though.

Cocky chick 12-15-2013 11:22 PM

I loved it.

MisterClowney 12-15-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolina4Life (Post 4029351)
What is so interesting about people having bad luck and floating around for the entire movie?

That's what was interesting. I for one had never seen a movie that didn't have an earth or earth-like setting for one moment. The fact that the film took place "in space" for literally the entire time was what I found interesting. I really enjoy movies that have some zero-gravity settings in them like Apollo 13 or Armageddon and this movie had it the entire time.

MisterClowney 12-15-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ipull4usc (Post 4029352)

I agree. Definitely a movie that needs to be seen on the big screen. I wish I could have seen it in an IMAX theater.

ColaCock 12-15-2013 11:30 PM

I enjoyed it a lot, saw it last night at home. Thought the effects were fantastic. I wouldn't watch it multiple times like some of my favorites, but I really appreciated it.

Only thing I didn't like were some of the obvious errors on reality. For example, George Clooney had to ask some basic personal questions of Bullock..."where are you from", for example. Those astronauts train together for a long time and know each other better than their spouses before they go on a mission. That was weird.

Cockypantherfan 12-15-2013 11:30 PM

OP, you obviously didn't see it while high.

Carolina4Life 12-16-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan (Post 4029387)
OP, you obviously didn't see it while high.

No, I don't smoke but anyway I think this reviewer understands my opinion.

Acockolypse Now 12-16-2013 01:21 AM

Loved it.

....loved Sandra Bullock in her underwear too.

BeerandBacon 12-16-2013 01:30 AM

I loved it.

dreammachine 12-16-2013 01:56 AM

I saw the movie when it first came out in 3D and I thought for a movie, it was terribly over-hyped! Story line is just not that great. They get hit by a bunch of space junk and Sandra Bulloch goes from one space station to the next. The only good thing in it the movie was getting to see Sandra's beautiful legs and butt. On a scale of 1 to 3, with 3 being the worst, I would give it a 3. It's one of those movies that you need to wait till it comes out on HBO or one of the other premium channels.

:spurrier:

InletCock1989 12-16-2013 02:38 AM

Agreed it sucked

roosterdude21 12-16-2013 03:14 AM

Most of the movie was supposed to be in Space. So I don't really get why they called it Gravity. Gravity only played a factor for the about last three minutes. I must be missing their point.

SterlingBrooks 12-16-2013 03:58 AM

It was awesome, this movie is made for 3d IMAX. Would not watch it otherwise. It's not movie its an experience.

Acockolypse Now 12-16-2013 06:03 AM

The best part was when she realized the alien was her father.

M.C. 12-16-2013 09:48 AM

Looks boring to me to watch two people in space the whole movie

But I haven't seen it yet

hellraiser24 12-16-2013 10:25 AM

I really enjoyed the movie, but I saw it in iMax 3D. Like Avatar, this is a movie where you need to see it in 3D to fully appreciate it.