CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Does Coach Spurrier Get A Contract Extension (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202152)

dreammachine 12-16-2013 02:27 AM

Does Coach Spurrier Get A Contract Extension

Seeing what a lot of other Head Coaches are now getting paid at other SEC Schools does Coach Spurrier automatically get an extension or raise. I truly feel that he should be paid as much as our school can put together to keep him coaching for as long as he has the desire to coach. I agree that Saban or whoever wins the BCS National Championship should be paid more, but Coach Spurrier should be right up there close to the leaders in our conference. What say the Gamecock Nation?

johnnyb 12-16-2013 02:31 AM

Re: Does Coach Spurrier Get A Contract Extension

if he wants one

InletCock1989 12-16-2013 02:36 AM

Spurrier would probably tell them to put that money I to our fball
Program

roosterdude21 12-16-2013 03:24 AM

In another thread we've already given him the field as future payment.

Wiz Khalifa 12-16-2013 07:07 AM

When does his current contract run out?

bhusc2002 12-16-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InletCock1989 (Post 4029512)
Spurrier would probably tell them to put that money I to our fball
Program

Exactly. He's already got more money than he knows what to do with, from his time at UF and his two years in the NFL. He's said in the past that he would rather take a little less pay and have the excess go to his assistants.

COCKDIESEL 12-16-2013 08:20 AM

Considering he doesn't need the money and a recent article I saw that puts us in the bottom half of the SEC in what our assistants get paid and considering things he has said in the past. I believe he would want that money to be designated towards assistants pay. Which would also be a good step for our future without Spurrier to already have a budget where assistant pay was closer to the top of the league.

SanAntonioCock 12-16-2013 08:50 AM

I hear Texas is talking to him.

scfanz 12-16-2013 09:03 AM

I'm sure Spurrier will get whatever he wants.

TKE226 12-16-2013 09:42 AM

is Jimmy Sexton asking? (isn't that his agent)

TwoNotch Dreams 12-16-2013 10:41 AM

He signed an extension last year, and it actually might've been in December too.

I believe he's under contract through 2017, maybe 2018.

Luke Skycocker 12-16-2013 10:50 AM

He gets one every year so that there are 4 years left on it, but he can retire whenever he wants

pimpingamecock 12-16-2013 10:54 AM

they typically seem to be making sure his contracts are at least 4 years for recruiting purposes. So I if his is until 2017, I would not be suprised to see them add one year.

I think most of the money this offseason will be to sure up the Assist coaches. Many of them deserve it.

highpockets12 12-16-2013 12:08 PM

Every time they hand Spurrier a check ,They should feel like they are passing a kidney stone.

FanofCarolina1 12-16-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock (Post 4029556)
I hear Texas is talking to him.

I know this is sarcasm, but to tater fans, the word on the street is that "Tejas" as they put it over there, is talking to Dumbo and Spurrier isn't even on their list. Then they attempt to make fun of the Coach who has handed them their asses the past five years.

Damn them people are delusional.

uscsandstorm85 12-17-2013 01:08 AM

It should be as automatic as uniform threads during the offseason.

Clowneygotcha 12-17-2013 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhusc2002 (Post 4029549)
Exactly. He's already got more money than he knows what to do with, from his time at UF and his two years in the NFL. He's said in the past that he would rather take a little less pay and have the excess go to his assistants.

LOL then he knows what to do with, have you sir ever had money? lol man give him a raise.

bhusc2002 12-17-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha (Post 4030374)
LOL then he knows what to do with, have you sir ever had money? lol man give him a raise.

It was a figure of speech. My point was that Spurrier is not one of these people that goes chasing a giant paycheck just to be able to say "I make more money than this other guy." He would generally rather have the money go somewhere that it will help him win ball games (facilities, higher pay to get better assistants, etc.)

GH 12-23-2013 03:58 PM

The administration will chip in and buy him a new bandana and exercise ball.

AlshonLattimore 12-23-2013 04:21 PM

At this point in his life, I dont think Spurrier cares about being the highest paid coach. He wants the wins and the records. His ego is about breaking records and having his name remembered, not about money. And two words why he will never leave USC for another job as long as he is physically able to play golf.... Augusta National