CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Which is more played-out? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202211)

spareparts 12-18-2013 12:05 AM

Which is more played-out?

Which of the following is most played out, tired, and are you most sick of?

1. Duck Dynasty
2. Miley Cyrus

B-G 12-18-2013 12:06 AM

Re: Which is more played-out?

"Mark Richt has lost control of..."

Regalcock 12-18-2013 12:07 AM

Duck. I could not make it through one episode.

At least MS is slutty hot.

RGHoskins 12-18-2013 12:09 AM

I could go awhile without seeing or hearing about either of them.

The Yancey 12-18-2013 12:16 AM

I had rather watch twerking than beard pulling.

Gamecock_Aholic 12-18-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regalcock (Post 4031136)
Duck. I could not make it through one episode.

At least MS is slutty hot.

Duck Dynasty, but MS is about the farthest thing from "hot" I can think of. She's hideous looking.

SanAntonioCock 12-18-2013 06:19 AM

I voted Duck Dynasty. There was a time that I liked it.
I never watch or listen to anything Cyrus does.

Tony 12-18-2013 10:26 AM

I remember 5-6 years ago everything in Walmart was Hannah Montanna:posters, pajamas, t-shirts, Everything. Now it's Duck Dynasty. 2 years down the road it will be something else. I will not spend a dime on their celebrity crap. I guess if I had kids I would have to though.

cack 12-18-2013 10:43 AM

Duck Dynasty and it's been for a while. However, I have to give the Robinsons (Robertsons ... whatever their name is) credit. They are milking this thing for every penny they can. Boo Boo had her time in the sun, but thankfully that's pasted. Somebody in the Duck family is a marketing genius though. I won't ever buy that crap, but there are plenty of people that are.

ktguen 12-18-2013 10:45 AM

Duck Dynasty. Miley's image has taken a hit recently but she does have some catchy songs on her new album that I don't mind listening to.

ipull4usc 12-18-2013 10:56 AM

Duck Dynasty. How did anyone ever watch this show? It's awful and always has been. I've never been able to sit through more than 5 minutes of an episode.

Granted Miley Cyrus looks like a tweaker, has a terrible personality, and I don't like any of her recent music. However, at least she has the "potential" of producing some decent music.

gamecockphan 12-18-2013 11:08 AM

Never seen Duck Dynasty. Have no idea what channel shows it. Do not know what the characters look like. I don't even know what the show is about. Duck hunting is what I'd guess.

So I guess I'd have to say Miley.

TKE226 12-18-2013 11:14 AM

don't pay attention to either

grannycock 12-18-2013 11:57 AM

Since those duck guy's are so freakin fake, I went with them.

MeesterFriendly 12-18-2013 12:13 PM

I voted Duck Dynasty- although the show is entertaining (family does seem like genuinely decent people) the excessive marketing is annoying to the point that I rarely watch anymore. Whenever I see a person wearing any of their merchandise I can't help but pity them.

markymark550 12-18-2013 12:28 PM

I agree that Duck Dynasty is marketed way too much. I still enjoy the show though, even if it is scripted and not 100% real.

That said, I chose Miley Cyrus because she's the recurring hemorrhoid that pop culture can't get rid of.

Woody7687 12-18-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannycock (Post 4031329)

Fake??? Please post facts supporting this statement since you know them so well..

bravecock524 12-18-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannycock (Post 4031329)

If by fake you mean part of the show is scripted then I agree, but if you mean fake by their personality then you are off base.

Any show that promotes Christianity and good family values in this day and age is a good show by me.

Carolina4Life 12-18-2013 02:57 PM

Duck Dynasty and all the beard followers you see everywhere you go now. A year ago you could go out and see maybe two people with beards, now everywhere you go you see about 12 people with beards.

Woody7687 12-18-2013 02:57 PM

People dislike them because they are Pro God, Pro Family, Pro Hunting, and really liked by middle America. Its cool these days to be the one out of 10 that doesnt like something. But yes they are over marketed and the shows are scripted but this family is Genuine and a great relief from all the negativity we are bombarded with everyday.