CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   What is your upset pick of the bowl season? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202267)

Thundercocks- Ho! 12-19-2013 02:33 PM

What is your upset pick of the bowl season?

I'm going with 42-38 UCF over Baylor. Partly bc it helps our strength of schedule and partly bc I want to know if Baylor's program is for real or just a pretty facade a la Clempson.

Gaichon 12-19-2013 02:49 PM

Re: What is your upset pick of the bowl season?

Rice over Miss St

SanAntonioCock 12-19-2013 02:52 PM

Duke 24 Texas A&M 23
Just got a feeling.

Cockypantherfan 12-19-2013 02:52 PM

Clemson over Ohio St.

Just kidding.

ShutTheSuccop 12-19-2013 02:54 PM

I don't know if it will be considered an upset, but I think that Clemson will destory Ohio State. I am sure I will get flamed on here but I honestly think that Ohio State is the weakest of all teams in the BCS bowls. They were exposed in the B1G championship and I don't think that they will be able to handle the speed of Clemson...assuming that Tajh and McDowell play well.

kingoftheroost 12-19-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thundercocks- Ho! (Post 4032477)
I'm going with 42-38 UCF over Baylor. Partly bc it helps our strength of schedule and partly bc I want to know if Baylor's program is for real or just a pretty facade a la Clempson.

It's not that I really believe Baylor is as good as some want to believe, but I do think they are gonna blowout UCF. UCF was lucky their game against us ended up being close, and they had to escape some games with wins (as did we a few times). I think it's going to catch up to them in the bowl game.

Acockolypse Now 12-19-2013 03:11 PM

Texas over Oregon

Cock Kool-Aid 12-19-2013 03:11 PM

South Carolina over Wisconsin.

uscjeremynca 12-19-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop (Post 4032502)
I don't know if it will be considered an upset, but I think that Clemson will destory Ohio State. I am sure I will get flamed on here but I honestly think that Ohio State is the weakest of all teams in the BCS bowls. They were exposed in the B1G championship and I don't think that they will be able to handle the speed of Clemson...assuming that Tajh and McDowell play well.

There is no doubt that Ohio State's defense is weak. However, Ohio State has one of the best running offenses in the country. No offense to Connor Shaw but he isn't Braxton Miller - and Clemson couldn't even stop Shaw. I think this will be a high scoring game. I think this game will come down to getting a defensive stop here or there and TOs. Clemson can win this game but they are going to struggle to stop their offense. Clemson's D isn't Michigan State.

ColaCock 12-19-2013 03:24 PM

I think UCF could upset Baylor. I also think Baylor could blow them out.

Blake Bortles, in my opinion, is probably the best QB in the 2014 draft with the right tools to be successful in the NFL.

sporkgod50 12-19-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now (Post 4032521)
Texas over Oregon

this. I think oregon has been flat since they complained about going to the rose bowl.

USCBatgirl21 12-19-2013 03:28 PM

Auburn over FSU.

ShutTheSuccop 12-20-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscjeremynca (Post 4032533)
There is no doubt that Ohio State's defense is weak. However, Ohio State has one of the best running offenses in the country. No offense to Connor Shaw but he isn't Braxton Miller - and Clemson couldn't even stop Shaw. I think this will be a high scoring game. I think this game will come down to getting a defensive stop here or there and TOs. Clemson can win this game but they are going to struggle to stop their offense. Clemson's D isn't Michigan State.

All valid points...but as much as Clemson does not have Michigan State's D, Michigan State does not have Clemson's offense. But you are probably right...high scoring game. I just think that Beasley will give Miller fits all day

kingoftheroost 12-20-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop (Post 4033186)
All valid points...but as much as Clemson does not have Michigan State's D, Michigan State does not have Clemson's offense. But you are probably right...high scoring game. I just think that Beasley will give Miller fits all day

And MSU's vaunted defense still allowed OSU to rush for ~260 yards.

cockybusiness2 12-20-2013 01:53 PM

AU over FSU

U-Dub Gamecock 12-20-2013 01:56 PM

My biggest (by pointspread). Fresno State over So Cal

uscjeremynca 12-20-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop (Post 4033186)

Beasley won't get close to Miller because he is too mobile. Ohio State will pass the ball but they run a lot more. Combined Carlos Hyde and Braxton Miller had 336 rushing attempts. Miller had 231 passing attempts (should be noted that Hyde missed the first 3 games of the season and Miller was out with injury and shared time when he first came back).

By comparison, Shaw had 259 passing attempts. He ran the ball 22 times against Clemson for 94 yards. Ohio State has one of the best rushing offenses in the country. They will destroy Clemson. If Clemson can't stop Shaw, they surely won't stop Miller. They will stack the box and dare Miller to beat him with the pass. I don't think Beasley will be effective against OSU.

markp_vip 12-20-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan (Post 4032499)
Clemson over Ohio St.

Just kidding.

I was going to say Ohio State only scores 69.

TKE226 12-20-2013 02:55 PM

so hard to pick...there is always a team that shows they don't want to be there against a vastly inferior opponent.

Iowa over LSU?
UCF over Baylor?
Houston over Vandy?

U-Dub Gamecock 12-20-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKE226 (Post 4033250)
so hard to pick...there is always a team that shows they don't want to be there against a vastly inferior opponent.

Iowa over LSU?
UCF over Baylor?
Houston over Vandy?

I took Houston..