CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   notre dame switching to under armour ? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202280)

splinters 12-19-2013 10:46 PM

notre dame switching to under armour ?

Notre dames contract with adidas expires at the end of 2014. They want to be top dog with whichever uniform supplier they choose. michigan is top dog with adidas. They would be just another team with nike. Rumor is that under armour is the likely choice starting in 2015.

scunyon 12-19-2013 11:35 PM

Re: notre dame switching to under armour ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by splinters (Post 4032877)
Notre dames contract with adidas expires at the end of 2014. They want to be top dog with whichever uniform supplier they choose. michigan is top dog with adidas. They would be just another team with nike. Rumor is that under armour is the likely choice starting in 2015.

Good luck with that Irish. They will never be the top dog with any supplier IMHO. The shine they think they have faded long ago.

JAYBEZ 12-19-2013 11:52 PM

By top dog do you mean the "Highest profile" team? Or do you mean that they will be tier 1 with the supplier?

For example, Oregon is tier one with nike, but Baylor also moved up to tier one with nike this year. It basically means they have unlimited budget options.

I am sure any of the companies would give notre dame tier one. Especially since they will be seeing ACC competition from here on out. They will have an overrated top ten ranking, like clemson, in no time.

splinters 12-20-2013 12:01 AM

http://www.thesportsbank.net/notre-d...adidas-ua-734/

Lonnie 12-20-2013 12:28 AM

http://twitchy.com/2013/12/19/under-...-duck-dynasty/

robgusc76 12-20-2013 12:45 AM

I know people on here arent the biggest fans of UA, but Adidas is the absolute worst when it comes to Uniform design.

roosterdude21 12-20-2013 01:05 AM

Under Armour kicks ass. This should play out pretty interesting

Cockypantherfan 12-20-2013 10:04 AM

I am unaware that Notre Dame is relevant.

TKE226 12-20-2013 10:35 AM

ND has a huge fanbase, tons of alum, and is always on TV, so based on exposure alone they would be in line as the top dog for merchandise. Win loss record is irrelevant

USCMM 12-20-2013 11:01 AM

What would be considered the biggest UA names today? Maryland, Auburn, and USC come to my mind.

Lalli25 12-20-2013 11:05 AM

The UA contract makes sense. However, the stadium renovations, outside of jumbo trons, all sound awful. Brian Kelly is the worst thing to ever happen to ND. The guy can't coach and has gone out and destroyed so many of the great tradition within the school.

Beano Cook 12-20-2013 11:06 AM

Personally I love Under Armor.Why some people on here think USC should change to Nike and be a middle tier team with Nike gear as opposed to being one of the flagship UA teams is a mystery to me?

I guess its the same as some wanting to change to helmet color.In my book we should stick with what we have.

BigRedCock 12-20-2013 11:06 AM

Maryland will always be #1 with UnderArmor. The dude is an Alum. Remember those state flag unis…..

Beano Cook 12-20-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedCock (Post 4033090)
Maryland will always be #1 with UnderArmor. The dude is an Alum. Remember those state flag unis…..

Yeah but USC is either tied for 2nd or 3rd after MD.Go with Nike and you have to crawl over USCw,Oregon,Texas,Oklahoma,Michigan,Penn State,UNC,Alabama,LSU,Florida and others.

Lets stay where we are.

BigRedCock 12-20-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beano Cook (Post 4033094)
Yeah but USC is either tied for 2nd or 3rd after MD.Go with Nike and you have to crawl over USCw,Oregon,Texas,Oklahoma,Michigan,Penn State,UNC,Alabama,LSU,Florida and others.

Lets stay where we are.

1. This is about ND switching, not us. They want to be the #1 team for their next apparel supplier
2. Michigan is with Adidas, which is why ND wants to leave Adidas

Roosterboy 12-20-2013 11:55 AM

I'm sure they will keep it traditional.
They kept Auburn's traditional.

2000grad 12-20-2013 12:02 PM

We could always go back to Russell

Lalli25 12-20-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roosterboy (Post 4033108)
I'm sure they will keep it traditional.
They kept Auburn's traditional.

Not with the way Kelly has been changing the ND uniforms. They will have some basic ones but they will wear 3-4 alternates throughout the year, if Kelly has his way.

rioninusc 12-20-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lalli25 (Post 4033087)
The UA contract makes sense. However, the stadium renovations, outside of jumbo trons, all sound awful. Brian Kelly is the worst thing to ever happen to ND. The guy can't coach and has gone out and destroyed so many of the great tradition within the school.

Don't know what you're talking about. Kelly took ND to the NCG last year. That is saying something. Now for Traditions I might agree with ya if I knew what you were talking about. Nothing wrong with renovating the stadium as well.

anc2b 12-20-2013 01:53 PM

They need to switch to a real conference and be an actual FULL member of that conference.