CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Clowney didn't request his NFL draft grade... (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202292)

SuperCockMaster 12-20-2013 02:33 PM

Clowney didn't request his NFL draft grade...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ft-evaluations

I know it sounds crazy, but he might not leave early after the speeding ticket and down year he had. Both probably knocked him out of the top 5 if not the top 10 altogether. Plus he is going to need to get surgery, so he won't be able to do anything at the combine. Factor that in with how close we came to BCS glory this year, and how much talent we are already returning, he might decide staying is in his best interests. I am sure he'd love to be the first number 1 overall pick we've had from USC on defense, and he won't be able to accomplish that goal without returning.

It's also possible he's just lazy and figured he's first round no matter what, so screw it. The deadline for him to officially declare is January 15th, so keep your eyes out for an announcement one way or the others.

unccgamecock 12-20-2013 02:37 PM

Re: Clowney didn't request his NFL draft grade...

lol

SanAntonioCock 12-20-2013 02:40 PM

Stranger things haven't happened.

lencho30 12-20-2013 02:40 PM

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Woody7687 12-20-2013 02:40 PM

i wish but NOPE!!

ReadR00ster 12-20-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperCockMaster (Post 4033232)
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ft-evaluations

I know it sounds crazy, but he might not leave early after the speeding ticket and down year he had. Both probably knocked him out of the top 5 if not the top 10 altogether. Plus he is going to need to get surgery, so he won't be able to do anything at the combine. Factor that in with how close we came to BCS glory this year, and how much talent we are already returning, he might decide staying is in his best interests. I am sure he'd love to be the first number 1 overall pick we've had from USC on defense, and he won't be able to accomplish that goal without returning.

It's also possible he's just lazy and figured he's first round no matter what, so screw it. The deadline for him to officially declare is January 15th, so keep your eyes out for an announcement one way or the others.

No, he just already knows he'll be at least a top 5 pick. Grade is ELITE. That is all there is to it. No reason to request anything from anyone.

ucan'tlickourcocks 12-20-2013 02:47 PM

Is the OP serious? :lol:

tsb44 12-20-2013 02:51 PM

While the odds are .01% he stays. He has taken to social media saying he's considering it.

SuperCockMaster 12-20-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock (Post 4033236)
Stranger things haven't happened.

Many players that graded out in the Top 5 have returned for their senior seasons. Matt Leinart would've gone in the Top 5 if he'd come out his Junior season. Matt Barkley would've as well. Tajh Boyd returned too, and he was graded in the first round last year.

I am sure there are others, but those are just that ones that come to mind. Also these guys were QBs who put themselves more at risk by returning.

Acockolypse Now 12-20-2013 02:54 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...tHUJp2q50t.gif

Cockypantherfan 12-20-2013 02:54 PM

It was like when Lebron announced he was going from high school to the NBA... everyone knew he wasn't going to college. Well, everyone knows JD won't come back to school.

BigRedCock 12-20-2013 02:56 PM

I want a half-pound of whatever you're smoking

ColaCock 12-20-2013 02:57 PM

You can't be serious.

johnnyb 12-20-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperCockMaster (Post 4033246)
Many players that graded out in the Top 5 have returned for their senior seasons. Matt Leinart would've gone in the Top 5 if he'd come out his Junior season. Matt Barkley would've as well. Tajh Boyd returned too, and he was graded in the first round last year.

I am sure there are others, but those are just that ones that come to mind. Also these guys were QBs who put themselves more at risk by returning.

dont think any of those guys were projected top picks out of highschool...crap, clowney had NFL guys saying they would draft him straight out of HS, put him in the teams s&c program for a year then start him

Regalcock 12-20-2013 03:04 PM

I am going to exercise my right to a free post.

He is gone dood. Wake up.

cockymac 12-20-2013 03:06 PM

The speeding ticket has 0 effect on his draft stock. Rape, murder, theft... Yeah, that would effect it. A speeding ticket... No. Doesn't matter he was going over 100. 0 effect. Down year? Not to the scouts. Todd Mcshay (or however its spelled) just did a segment on him. He watched every play this year on tape. He said that Clowney went hard about every play, and that he had to be the most schemed against player in the country. He said that teams did stuff on pretty much every play to try and remove Clowney from the play. After watching every play, Todd said that the scouts and GMs wouldn't have any hesitation with taking him at the top.

If you think there is any chance that Clowney comes back, then you need to quit what ever it is you are drinking and pour it out.

ReadR00ster 12-20-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperCockMaster (Post 4033246)

He's gone, and has been gone. Where have you been? Living under a rock? There has been 0% chance of him returning for his senior year for the last two years. He has nothing left to prove in college. Some say he should have been allowed to go straight from high school to the NFL, so don't try to compare him to anyone else who decided to stay for his year, he in a category above that.

Smashies_AC30 12-20-2013 03:15 PM

Lawlz...

KaneisAble 12-20-2013 03:19 PM

Nope and NOPE.

SuperCockMaster 12-20-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4033266)
He's gone, and has been gone. Where have you been? Living under a rock? There has been 0% chance of him returning for his senior year for the last two years. He has nothing left to prove in college. Some say he should have been allowed to go straight from high school to the NFL, so don't try to compare him to anyone else who decided to stay for his year, he in a category above that.

I haven't been living under a rock, and I don't feel posting a news article warrants flaming me. This is sports. Weird shit happens all the time. Auburn was supposed to be unranked and terrible, now they are in the title game thanks to one of the rarest plays in college football: a returned FG for a TD as time expired in the Iron Bowl against the SEC's top defense.

99.9% of all players no matter how high they are projected to go request their draft grade. The fact that the only two people who didn't request it are Manziel and Clowney who both had down years adds a little fuel to the fire that I figured people might want to know about. Manziel also publicly said he's still deciding. I am not saying he's staying. I am just saying don't be surprised if something comes out where he decides to stay or at the very least says he is considering it. The point of the internet is to stay informed. I am just trying to inform my Gamecock brethren of something I read. Now quit acting like children. If you disagree say so, but there's no need to ridicule and name call.