CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   iCocky (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   About Mac (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202345)

Kaka 12-22-2013 12:38 PM

About Mac

I want a mac extrictly for video editing, whats my best choice without spending too much money?

Since I dont want to open too many threads.

Who has the best internet service if I want an Iphone? I want an unlimited internet service on my phone, I know at&t is very expensive, do I have any better choices?

Thanks.

Spur's Addiction 12-22-2013 01:30 PM

Re: About Mac

I don't think anyone provides unlimited anymore. Maybe Sprint?

I switched to T-mobile recently. They had the best deal going. Coverage is good in cities but blows in the boonies.

Sir Cuss 12-22-2013 02:19 PM

It's all unlimited...you just have to pay per gig.

2000grad 12-22-2013 03:10 PM

Apple =expen$ive...period

ThisMr X 12-22-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000grad (Post 4034410)
Apple =expen$ive...period

I'd rather spend a lot of money on a quality product than a paperweight :]

RockRocks787 12-22-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaka (Post 4034322)
I want a mac extrictly for video editing, whats my best choice without spending too much money?

Who has the best internet service if I want an Iphone? I want an unlimited internet service on my phone, I know at&t is very expensive, do I have any better choices?

Thanks.

I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything, but why would you want to buy an expensive mac just for video editing? I would think a good program like Adobe Premiere would be just as effective on Windows as it would be on a Mac.

For your second question, I have an iphone and am on Verizon. No complaints here.

Todd803 12-22-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaka (Post 4034322)

Thanks.

I just switched to T-Mobile from Verizon as coverage in most places I go was fine. I pay $20 extra on my line for Unlimited 4G (Using about 6gigs/mo) which includes 2.5GB of tethering for no extra charge. Check their coverage map, which is very detailed, since their network is not as extensive as Verizon or AT&T. I am happy with the switch and will use the extra $500-$600 a year to good use.

http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage.html

bravecock524 12-22-2013 05:16 PM

Build your own Hacintosh with better specs for half the price.

Biocockanics 12-22-2013 05:37 PM

Apple caused mans fall from grace...bc someone lied about its ability.

just fyi

Kaka 12-22-2013 06:16 PM

I heard mac is overall better for video editing, something about the video card for mac being just superior. I want to use final cut.

As far as the phone I had t-mobile but the phone service was not very good, I do want unlimited internet though.

I have straight talk right now, its cheap, phone service is great but the internet is too slow.

Sir Cuss 12-22-2013 06:22 PM

The good news it that most phone service companies nowadays have autocorrect.

The bad news is that not many have unlimited internet (without paying per gigabyte).

Luke Skycocker 12-22-2013 06:50 PM

Extrictly?

Sir Cuss 12-22-2013 07:14 PM

Might be worse than "descent" when speaking in terms of being good quality. Or, using commas instead of periods, like this,

B-G 12-22-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker (Post 4034620)
Extrictly?

:rotfl:

robgusc76 12-22-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaka (Post 4034596)
I heard mac is overall better for video editing, something about the video card for mac being just superior. I want to use final cut.

As far as the phone I had t-mobile but the phone service was not very good, I do want limited internet though.

I have straight talk right now, its cheap, phone service is great but the internet is too slow.

I use a mac for all of my design stuff and video I stuff I do for work. Ive got an Imac. Ive used both PC and mac for video stuff and mac does work better. As for the phones, I think their other technology is crap. but I believe Sprint still has unlimited. Here is a website where you can get refurbished Mac products for cheaper than what you would pay retail.

http://www.macofalltrades.com/

Spur's Addiction 12-22-2013 09:11 PM

And let the fanboy wars commence.

He wasn't asking about Apple vs Windows / Android.

Kaka 12-22-2013 09:57 PM

I didnt know that not many companies offer unlimited internet, what about boost? I think I heard they have unlimited internet, I wonder if the phone service is good.

Thanks for the replay.

MisterClowney 12-22-2013 10:19 PM

iMac is the best for editing video video I've used. We use the new 27 inch quad-core iMacs for editing at USC with Final Cut and Adobe Premiere. Runs ridiculously smooth. I have a Macbook Pro and run Final Cut on it, but it's not nearly as powerful and can be quite laggy.

2000grad 12-22-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisMr X (Post 4034436)
I'd rather spend a lot of money on a quality product than a paperweight :]

tell yourself whatever you need to in order to justify the price

Kaka 12-22-2013 10:48 PM

I have used mac before at school, the difference is that at school, they keep the computers in good condition, I know a little about computers but Im not an expert.

I think Im going to buy a used mac and see how that goes, Im looking to have my own video production business in the future and I want to start getting the tools for it.

Im still curious about boost and their internet service, I wonder if they have the iphone as well.

I dont see why companies wont offer unlimited internet, kinda disappointing to hear.