CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Brison Williams (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202364)

Latti2001 12-23-2013 02:10 AM

Brison Williams

Is BW a senior, or will he be back for next season?

ConwayGamecock 12-23-2013 02:20 AM

Re: Brison Williams

Brison is a true junior...he has been a solid safety the past two seasons, but nothing of special note yet that would warrant serious consideration for the NFL draft IMO, unless he just wants to go pro now. No one has made any mention that I know of that he is even thinking of leaving, though....

bhs04 12-23-2013 08:45 AM

People keep throwing his name out there, but I don't know what it's based on.
Him and Cory Robinson keep getting thrown in the conversation, don't think either should go pro.

henmania 12-23-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhs04 (Post 4035203)
People keep throwing his name out there, but I don't know what it's based on.
Him and Cory Robinson keep getting thrown in the conversation, don't think either should go pro.

No way Cory should think about it. He's just not that good. Way too slow. Probably plays guard in the NFL.

bhs04 12-23-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henmania (Post 4035229)
No way Cory should think about it. He's just not that good. Way too slow. Probably plays guard in the NFL.

Yea. He's the prototype left tackle, but his feet are bad.
I think he could be an nfl guy but not right now. If he went in the draft I don't think he would be drafted but someone would pick him up just because if his size.
Robinson has come a long way since he got here. The coaches have turned him from a DT into a pretty good SEC left tackle.

GarnetSwarm1990 12-23-2013 03:27 PM

If he stays that will make me feel a little better about our secondary next year. He and Chaz Elder at the safeties. Brison will have to be a big time leader back there with us having to replace both corners.

Rebel4ever 12-23-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock (Post 4035094)
Brison is a true junior...he has been a solid safety the past two seasons, but nothing of special note yet that would warrant serious consideration for the NFL draft IMO, unless he just wants to go pro now. No one has made any mention that I know of that he is even thinking of leaving, though....

No way he should go pro. Needs all 4 years ala DJ.

Rebel4ever 12-23-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henmania (Post 4035229)

If he could just work on his quickness and footwork, he'd be so much better. Solid now but he gets beat too much for me. Agree about being a guard in NFL.

cockybreeyan 12-23-2013 07:20 PM

Cory and Brison need to come back, hands down. Hopefully all those big boys on the OL come back.

Who woulda thunk, Carolina is worried about OL jumping early? Yet another sign we have arrived

militarymind17 12-23-2013 07:41 PM

Brison Williams will be back next year. I am his uncle, don't know where these rumors start up...U can believe that my words are SOLID COBOLIC!!!:thumbsup:

Liquid_nails 12-23-2013 08:05 PM

Brison Williams= Prime Time

catdaddy66 12-23-2013 08:12 PM

Solid performance this year if not stellar. I can't remember ever worrying about his play as he always seems to be in position to make good plays. Love to see this consistency!

fridayserv 12-23-2013 08:41 PM

Mr. Williams is a Beast. If you look back at the Clemson Game, he was playing with a cast or something under the long sleeve shirt. He could hardly use his right arm, and still turned the game with the pick on the Clemson 1sr Drive. His play shows that he is NFL caliber.

CarolinaGnB521 12-23-2013 09:04 PM

Brison Williams is a quiet leader of the defense. Stays out of troubles. Knows the defense pretty well. Always in the area of the ball. Hasn't had a ton of noticeable plays because he hasn't needed. He's always had others there to take his oppertunities away (Clowney, Holloman, Gilmore, etc.)

He'll be one of the defensive leaders next year for sure, especially in the secondary.

Liquid_nails 12-23-2013 09:33 PM

Brison had that pick against Clemson that I think was the turning point of the game last year and then came out on the first drive this year and didn't bite on the trick play. Dude is straight up baller. And hey, 2 Brison Williams is better than 1!

Cockholio 12-23-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by militarymind17 (Post 4035626)
Brison Williams will be back next year. I am his uncle, don't know where these rumors start up...U can believe that my words are SOLID COBOLIC!!!:thumbsup:

Cool, man!! Your neff is one nasty dude. Definitely picked up the Swag from DJ.

Clowneygotcha 12-23-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 (Post 4035687)
Brison Williams is a quiet leader of the defense. Stays out of troubles. Knows the defense pretty well. Always in the area of the ball. Hasn't had a ton of noticeable plays because he hasn't needed. He's always had others there to take his oppertunities away (Clowney, Holloman, Gilmore, etc.)

He'll be one of the defensive leaders next year for sure, especially in the secondary.

Uno

cockybreeyan 12-23-2013 10:06 PM

If he can bulk up a little bit, I wouldn't be surprised if he did well and eventually got a shot to play on Sundays

uscsandstorm85 12-24-2013 01:40 AM

It would help a lot.