CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Most Stunningly Tragic Christmas Wish Ever (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202379)

The Yancey 12-23-2013 09:24 PM

Most Stunningly Tragic Christmas Wish Ever

Des Moines radio station, KSTZ “Star” 102.5 FM has run a "Christmas Wish" program for over 20 years, but nothing could have prepared them for Brenda Schmitz's request.

The wife and mom of four lost her battle with ovarian cancer two years ago, at the age of 46.

“About a week and half ago we got [her] letter in the mail,” station brand manager Scott Allen told the Des Moines Register. “We’ve been doing the Christmas Wish program for 20-plus years. We’ve never received a wish like this, ever.”

Brenda wanted the station to do something wonderful for her husband, David, and their children, after she was gone.

And so, David was asked to come into the station to have a wish granted, but was told nothing further. As the stunned dad attempted to hold back his tears, host Colleen Kelly started to read his wife's first letter.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4489451.html

johnnyb 12-23-2013 09:50 PM

Re: Most Stunningly Tragic Christmas Wish Ever

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yancey (Post 4035694)
Des Moines radio station, KSTZ “Star” 102.5 FM has run a "Christmas Wish" program for over 20 years, but nothing could have prepared them for Brenda Schmitz's request.

The wife and mom of four lost her battle with ovarian cancer two years ago, at the age of 46.

“About a week and half ago we got [her] letter in the mail,” station brand manager Scott Allen told the Des Moines Register. “We’ve been doing the Christmas Wish program for 20-plus years. We’ve never received a wish like this, ever.”

Brenda wanted the station to do something wonderful for her husband, David, and their children, after she was gone.

And so, David was asked to come into the station to have a wish granted, but was told nothing further. As the stunned dad attempted to hold back his tears, host Colleen Kelly started to read his wife's first letter.

Can't see the vid, but if this is the one where the wife wanted the wish held until her husband met someone and moved on, wow, it's good

The Yancey 12-23-2013 10:19 PM

Dont know why you can't see it unless you are on one of those iThingies. I edited it to include the original Huff Post link though. It is the dead wife's wish though.

lencho30 12-23-2013 10:30 PM

Good stuff! Kinda puts things in perspective

johnnyb 12-23-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yancey (Post 4035740)
Dont know why you can't see it unless you are on one of those iThingies. I edited it to include the original Huff Post link though. It is the dead wife's wish though.

Yeah, it's an iOS/YouTube issue

ccured 12-23-2013 11:06 PM

I watched it on my laptop,windows 8 but wouldn't work on android phone

garnet_black215 12-23-2013 11:23 PM

My girlfriend told me about this tonight. Really seems like an absolutely incredible story.

etowngangsta 12-24-2013 12:43 AM

Ok, who's chopping onions?!?!

MB_Gamecock 12-24-2013 01:08 AM

Can't see to type

cocksfan4ever 12-24-2013 09:29 AM

Man that really hit a nerve with me.You see in 1997 I lost my wife to ovarian cancer.My son was 1 1/2 and my daughter was 4.It was really tough on us,but we made it.They are all grown up now.My daughter is texting me happy birthday from work and my son is lying on the couch as B type this. I still to this day miss my wife,Angela Marie Rabon,16 years later.Btw she was just 23 at the time.RIP Ang,we miss you!

cocksfan4ever 12-24-2013 09:33 AM

That was so hard to get through.

gocockswyn 12-24-2013 10:19 AM

Very touching story of life. Thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas.

5lbYardcock 12-24-2013 04:27 PM

This is killing me, I never lose a tear but this has done it.

CF4ever, sorry to hear that. GB you.

cocksfan4ever 12-25-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5lbYardcock (Post 4036221)
This is killing me, I never lose a tear but this has done it.

CF4ever, sorry to hear that. GB you.

thanks man,I've grown a lot from it