CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Clemson vs. South Carolina, the overwhelming narrative (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202391)

Lonnie 12-24-2013 11:42 AM

Clemson vs. South Carolina, the overwhelming narrative

SBnation is killing it this AM. If you're on twitter and don't follow their feed, you should.

Clemson vs. South Carolina, the overwhelming narrative

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...lemson-rivalry

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3759...1.49.40_AM.png

Lant 12-24-2013 12:24 PM

Re: Clemson vs. South Carolina, the overwhelming narrative

I thought it was a good read.

catdaddy66 12-24-2013 12:25 PM

Not much on the rivalry... Really a piece on Tahj as a senior football player. Good read though.

Carolina4Life 12-24-2013 12:28 PM

SBNation & BleacherReport are on top of their game.

Roosterboy 12-24-2013 12:47 PM

Yea not really about the rivalry.
More about just how hectic a college football player's schedule is, not including classes.

TAFC 5 1981 12-24-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roosterboy (Post 4036144)
Yea not really about the rivalry.
More about just how hectic a college football player's schedule is, not including classes.

That was my take on it too.

Acockolypse Now 12-24-2013 05:51 PM

I have no problem with Tajh, seems like a good guy.

SWAGGGA 12-24-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now (Post 4036267)
I have no problem with Tajh, seems like a good guy.

I think its a front. Like all of clemson. Specially dbo. Hes a good QB tho. I dont think hes strong enough mentally to be any good in the NFL tho. Actually i take that back. He carved up LSUs D. And UGAs. Those were pretty good. We bash him cause he chokes agasnt a good D. But he did great against those two. I think he just chokes agasnt us. Just somethin about our game against them.

PvtWarlick 12-24-2013 07:30 PM

He has matured a lot since his first year starting. He seems like a pretty ok kid

aftertwobowls 12-24-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWAGGGA (Post 4036287)
I think its a front. Like all of clemson. Specially dbo. Hes a good QB tho. I dont think hes strong enough mentally to be any good in the NFL tho. Actually i take that back. He carved up LSUs D. And UGAs. Those were pretty good. We bash him cause he chokes agasnt a good D. But he did great against those two. I think he just chokes agasnt us. Just somethin about our game against them.

UGA's D wasn't very good this year. At least not the secondary. The run D was good though.

CarolinaGnB521 12-24-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWAGGGA (Post 4036287)

I don't think it's a front, I just think he is a genuinely weird dude. It's just covered up because he's been taught to say the right thing (most of the time) when in front of a camera by Clemson's media people, and by the fact that everyone thinks he is a stereotypical starting QB for a major college football team.

I mean seriously...before you read this article how many of you actually thought that this guy listened to all this different kinds of music, and will willingly talk to anyone and everyone about anything.

uscsandstorm85 12-25-2013 01:28 AM

I just can not see Tajh being anything more than second string in the the NFL.

USCgreg 12-25-2013 06:52 PM

That was a pretty good read...thanks for the link

sparklecityspur 12-26-2013 10:08 AM

Good read. I like Tahj Boyd. As a matter of fact I like all Clemson players. Do I want them to play well against us? Well no. But you can't lose sight of the fact that these are 18-21 year old kids that are realizing their dream while performing their craft.

Big-Cock 12-26-2013 11:05 AM

"He tells me this as he's on hold, waiting to speak to another national reporter about Clowney."

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

trapper82 12-26-2013 12:42 PM

Some great quotes in this piece:

Quote:

"I know what 'Clemsoning' is," Boyd admits on Tuesday. "It relates to the past, the previous year at Clemson, before we got here. I think it was, you know, it’s essentially defined as Clemson losing to teams they’re not supposed to. But we haven’t done that since I’ve been here. My redshirt sophomore year, we lost to NC State and Georgia Tech, and obviously we were supposed to win those games, but other than that, it doesn't happen anymore."
Sadly, when you have been coached by a guy who spins things so well and never really addresses the problem, choosing to deploy misdirection instead, this is what you get. While acknowledging clemsoning exists, he redefines it. It is not just "losing to teams you are they're not supposed to." It is losing badly, building up lofty expectations and selling them to everyone else only to be proven dead wrong on the biggest stages. It is about 20 minutes of a nationally televised broadcast covering your entrance, only to turn the ball over in the first minute of the actual game. Boyd will need to learn to not buy into the garbage to truly reach his potential. As long as he keeps the crutches that Dabo has to naturally provide to prop himself up, this will just continue in the pros.

Quote:

Chad Morris lets out a long sigh. He's just finished his own round of interviews.

"It’s unreal. It’s unbelievable," he says in response to the multitude of questions he fielded about Clemson's time-of-possession stats. "We want to play fast. Time of possession only matters when you aren’t scoring."
Time of possession also matters from a defensive standpoint. Chad Morris can't understand that living in a vacuum of offense doesn't equal a good TEAM.

Quote:

Earlier in the morning, during Boyd's weekly meeting with the local media (affectionately dubbed "Tuesdays with Tajh"), he mentions the previously unpublicized fact that during Clowney's recruiting visit to Clemson, Boyd served as his host.
Never knew this before...

Lonnie 12-26-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trapper82 (Post 4036822)
Quote:

he mentions the previously unpublicized fact that during Clowney's recruiting visit to Clemson, Boyd served as his host.
Never knew this before...

Maybe that's when the nightmares started? :lol:

RoyalZephyr 12-26-2013 03:37 PM

From the comment section:
Quote:

For the record

We would’ve loved to have featured Shaw in the same manner, but we can only work with what we’re given from each school. If you’re a Gamecocks fan reading this, tell your powers that be, because they thing your thumbing through a print copy of The State instead.

35-21 12-26-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonnie (Post 4036828)
Maybe that's when the nightmares started? :lol:

Nah, but it is when Clowney first caught Tajh's scent.