CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   Fowl Shots (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   tired of the "frank quit on the team" (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202395)

sc455 12-24-2013 02:43 PM

tired of the "frank quit on the team"

crap. he coaches until he feels the players start ignoring his teaching. its ridiculous to say frank martin quits on his players.

HeadCockFan 12-24-2013 05:03 PM

Re: tired of the "frank quit on the team"

Did I miss something?

sc455 12-24-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadCockFan (Post 4036236)
Did I miss something?

apparently.

trapper82 12-25-2013 12:24 AM

How are we doing this year?

No offense to Martin, Greg Marshall was the right target way back when but we went with Horn instead. Hope Frank pulls it out in the end.

ERNIET 12-25-2013 11:13 AM

He is supposed to be a great defensive coach, yet they play horrible defense. If you play defense when the offense is struggling you can stay in games. Why was Carrea sitting for most of the last game?

FanofCarolina1 12-25-2013 01:28 PM

Apparently I've missed something too. I get just as frustrated as the rest, but I do realize coach doesn't give up on his players. It's sad to even have this thought cross anyone's mind.
We are lucky to not be a basketball school, yet we have a really good basketball coach.

It will take some time but Coach Martin will make South Carolina's men's basketball contenders.

HeadCockFan 12-25-2013 02:00 PM

Our one on one defense is OK, but we don't anticipate passes AT ALL. Makes for so many easy looks. Must be a hard thing to coach, because our guys aren't adjusting to good passing teams. I think we have the athletes but our overall team awareness is dismal. That said, we have a shot against UK, as they have the same problem.

Pty23 12-25-2013 02:49 PM

I just love how anyone with a functioning brain realized this was going to be a horrible, painful year, yet after every single loss b**ch and moan like a bunch of pre-teens.

Coulwoodwarlord 12-25-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc455 (Post 4036184)
crap. he coaches until he feels the players start ignoring his teaching. its ridiculous to say frank martin quits on his players.

Exactly who says that Frank has quit on the team ? Or is this just some no knowing bullshit spit out by pure ignorance ?

TheTurdFerguson 12-25-2013 08:50 PM

I'm a KU fan that was watching the Akron game. I ventured to find the USC basketball forum to see if something was up with Frank. He doesn't look like himself/how he coached at KSU. I don't know how he acted in previous years. I haven't ventured further than this thread, but it seems that is the same question here. At KSU, he was up all the time. He was into the game. He was known for his verbal tirades (borderline abuse?). One thing was for sure- he had passion. I have seen none of that in this game. It was noted on the KU board with the previous game.

I will say that Martin earned my respect as a coach while at KSU. I thought he was a horrible hire and would not win a game. He kind of proved me wrong. He did have some recruits form Huggins, but you still have to be able to coach. He was respectful and knowledgable. Good luck. I hope it works out.

TwoNotch Dreams 12-25-2013 09:47 PM

lol, anyone blaming Frank in Year 2 is clueless. Our program has been trash for the better part of the past 15 years. It's going to take more than a year to change everything.

uscgamecocks88 12-25-2013 10:04 PM

It's gonna take a while to clean up this program which has been pretty crappy for a while (except maybe 08 or 09 with Devin and all them). It sucks but it may be a while before it all comes together

And I don't think frank quit on the players. He is strict and doesn't take crap but I think he really cares and will do anything it takes for them to be successful

Cockhornleghorn 12-25-2013 10:15 PM

Frank is having to be a little bit more relaxed with this young team as they need confidence. I saw us play well in 2 out of the 3 games in Hawaii - much better than earlier in the season.

Coulwoodwarlord 12-25-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn (Post 4036639)
Frank is having to be a little bit more relaxed with this young team as they need confidence. I saw us play well in 2 out of the 3 games in Hawaii - much better than earlier in the season.

I think this hits home .

beak2 12-25-2013 10:26 PM

The only ones that have quit are the fans. What a shame. Frank is trying to build the program, but the fans can be a big part in that. Come on people, we need people in the seats to get great players like a Seventh Woods, out of our own state, to come here.
Gooooooooo Cocks !!!!

TheTurdFerguson 12-25-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoNotch Dreams (Post 4036616)
lol, anyone blaming Frank in Year 2 is clueless. Our program has been trash for the better part of the past 15 years. It's going to take more than a year to change everything.

Please tell that to the ku football crowd.

But was Martin more active on the sideline last year?

Just from my perspective. He is not the same as he was at kstate. Not that was a bad thing. What I do think is bad was his visible body language that indicated indifference. True or not, that is what it indicated.

Coulwoodwarlord 12-25-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTurdFerguson (Post 4036664)

Just from my perspective. He is not the same as he was at kstate. Not that was a bad thing. What I do think is bad was his visible body language that indicated indifference. True or not, that is what it indicated.

Didn't follow him at K State, but I'm sure he's different. Why wouldn't he be ? It's a different situation, different team. And excuse me.......your reference to indifference borders on your post being hogwash.

b381l 12-25-2013 11:48 PM

Someone mentioned it earlier......young, inconsistent team. I think he is getting his point across to his players, but in a different way. There are 7 new players on this team with 4 different starters. The last thing this youth needs is screaming and hollering. As I said, he's getting his point across, and they are listening and trying.

Travelin 12-26-2013 10:25 AM

I have a lot of faith in this team. I think we will see a big difference for the better by the end of January. The SEC doesn't look particularly strong this year, so we could end up in the top half of the league.

Nureye 12-26-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTurdFerguson (Post 4036664)

He's not any different. From what I read in your earlier posts you've only watched one of our games. In other games, St. Mary's for example, he was the loudest guy in the arena.

Truth is, we are very young and inexperienced. And yelling can only fix so much of that.