CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   iCocky (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Time to start a war. (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202434)

1SCFanInPAUntilNow 12-26-2013 07:05 PM

Time to start a war.

My XBONE is basically unplayable. It has the disc drive failure. It makes a LOUD grinding noise when any disc is put in the system. I called support today and they are sending me out a new one and should receive it sometime early next week. Im actually one of the lucky ones I can actually still play my game. Most people that have the issue cant. The cool thing is they are giving away a free $60 downloadable game for those that have the issue. So I just got Dead Rising 3 for free to play while I wait for a new system. I am actually pretty pleased with how Microsoft has handled it so far. Anyone else having this issue?

USCfootball 12-26-2013 07:21 PM

Re: Time to start a war.

Oh no, you paid for it indirectly with cost of the system and the markup MSFT does on those.

GarnetSwarm1990 12-26-2013 08:00 PM

This is the reason why you wait a minimum of 3 months before you buy a new game system. They all have issues. If you wait 4-6 months after they come out they will have fixed those issues (for the most part) and there will be more games to play.

GamecockUltimate 12-26-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 (Post 4037089)
This is the reason why you wait a minimum of 3 months before you buy a new game system. They all have issues. If you wait 4-6 months after they come out they will have fixed those issues (for the most part) and there will be more games to play.

ehh but they send you new ones if the old ones break

InletCock1989 12-26-2013 08:37 PM

Nope, I have the Day One version and mine is fine! Just make sure you don't move the stupid thing everyday!

ReadR00ster 12-26-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate (Post 4037105)
ehh but they send you new ones if the old ones break

Until the next one breaks, and if it breaks after your warranty you are SOL. I like to wait several months to see if either system is breaking down more than the other. I don't want to play wondering when the RROD is going to strike.

CockyInGA 12-26-2013 09:49 PM

Three words:

First. World. Problems.

roosterdude21 12-26-2013 10:18 PM

Take it out on some gash

FanofCarolina1 12-27-2013 02:14 PM

?????

Sounds like you made out pretty well.

diehardgamecock 12-27-2013 05:39 PM

sucks that you were one of the unlucky ones, but at least microsoft is handling it the right way. and like you said, you can always play downloadable games even with the disc drive error.

i only have one disc so far...BF4. everything else is digital and i am very pleased with my decision to go the digital route (so far). and yes, i realize that at some point, HD space will become an issue, but i figure i can keep the current battlefield, current CoD, current nba 2k game, current madden, and a few additional random games on my HD at any given point and still have plenty of room left over. that's fine with me as i really dig the ability to switch games instantly.

Tater_Hater 12-27-2013 05:45 PM

Games are working fine, but DVD's sometimes play and sometimes don't. Hit or miss. I find myself putting it in, letting it run, ejecting it, and repeating the cycle several times until it captures and plays. Maybe I should call too.

rioninusc 12-27-2013 06:40 PM

Is this a manufacturer issue? I know the first Xbox had this issue with 1 of it's 3 dvd manufacturers playing games. I can't find the article, forgot the manufacturer that was bad, but wasn't it Phillips, and Toshiba that made the ones that worked great with games?