CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   iCocky (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Wifi (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202439)

uscgamecocks88 12-26-2013 11:15 PM

Wifi

The hotel I'm staying at for the game charges $9.95 for internet. I'm not a fan of charging for wifi but I won't get into that debate.

2 questions:

1. Is there away to go around and cheat and get on wifi for free? I know there's an app but forgot what it's called.

2. If i do end up being fair and paying, is it $9.95 for each device or just one charge for internet when I check out?

Sorry if this sounds really picky, just would like to know... (And yes, I know I'm not great with technology....)

BlakelyH19 12-26-2013 11:33 PM

Re: Wifi

#1 i have no clue what you're talking about
#2 more than likely you're just paying for the password. Ask someone around who isn't an employee if they mind giving you the pw if they happen to know.

InletCock1989 12-26-2013 11:50 PM

You can hack internet passwords. It takes about ten minutes and you need software.

COCKDIESEL 12-27-2013 08:31 AM

should be one price for every device. Does the hotel have a rewards program such as Wyndam or Hilton? If so you should be able to exchange points for the access.

RoosterBooster 12-27-2013 09:02 AM

Do you have a smartphone? There are apps that will allow you to use your smartphone as a hot spot.

gamecock88 12-27-2013 09:17 AM

You'd consider stealing $9.95? Just pay for it.

davidwatson249 12-27-2013 10:28 AM

I didn't know there were hotels that still made you pay for internet. Just offer the person across the hall a couple of dollars for it OR you could go out and enjoy the town during the New Year celebrations. Just a thought.

Sircock 12-27-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 (Post 4037174)
The hotel I'm staying at for the game charges $9.95 for internet. I'm not a fan of charging for wifi but I won't get into that debate.

2 questions:

1. Is there away to go around and cheat and get on wifi for free? I know there's an app but forgot what it's called.

2. If i do end up being fair and paying, is it $9.95 for each device or just one charge for internet when I check out?

Sorry if this sounds really picky, just would like to know... (And yes, I know I'm not great with technology....)

I believe the Iphone is alittle more complicated to use as a hotspot than android. If you are using Android, just download Foxfi and use it as a hotspot. I would try not to download any large files while using this feature because it will eat up your data plan if used too much. Foxfi is a great application to use for limited internet use. I would not recommend as a permanent internet source at home.

The Yancey 12-27-2013 01:15 PM

Wifi is free in every Starbucks and McDonalds. Many other places too. Hopefully you will not need any more Internet time than that while here. Way too many fun things to do!

Flameout12 12-27-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoosterBooster (Post 4037270)
Do you have a smartphone? There are apps that will allow you to use your smartphone as a hot spot.

Care to name some? I was under the impression that tethering was contingent upon your provider and some do not allow it.

Sircock 12-27-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flameout12 (Post 4037403)
Care to name some? I was under the impression that tethering was contingent upon your provider and some do not allow it.

FoxFi for android. I believe you have to turn the service on for Iphone which cost money(maybe wrong). FoxFi works well with Verizon for small amount of internet usuage.

FanofCarolina1 12-27-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecock88 (Post 4037277)
You'd consider stealing $9.95? Just pay for it.

That's highway robbery in itself charging a fee for internet to it's customers!

Biocockanics 12-27-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 (Post 4037504)
That's highway robbery in itself charging a fee for internet to it's customers!

How...it costs money for certain bandwith and the router or replacement etc

Are you offended that you have to pay for "tire/oil recycle fee"when you get your car worked on?

businesses exist to make money and they do so by incurring a COST at reasonable risk to provide things for customers with the expectation of covering most or all of the cost.

no wonder people don't understand capitalism.

uscgamecocks88 12-27-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biocockanics (Post 4037553)

Are you offended that you have to pay for "tire/oil recycle fee"when you get your car worked on?

businesses exist to make money and they do so by incurring a COST at reasonable risk to provide things for customers with the expectation of covering most or all of the cost.

I unserstand why they would charge, it's just annoying to have to pay for it.

uscfreek88 12-27-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biocockanics (Post 4037553)

its still not a smart move.....would be better just spitting that cost to every room that stays there and offering it for free, hidden fee that no one will question or prb really care about b/c it will be so minimal

same way some hotels do coffee

johnnyb 12-27-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscfreek88 (Post 4037626)
its still not a smart move.....would be better just spitting that cost to every room that stays there and offering it for free, hidden fee that no one will question or prb really care about b/c it will be so minimal

same way some hotels do coffee

And cable tv...

uscgamecocks88 12-27-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sircock (Post 4037371)
I believe the Iphone is alittle more complicated to use as a hotspot than android. If you are using Android, just download Foxfi and use it as a hotspot. I would try not to download any large files while using this feature because it will eat up your data plan if used too much. Foxfi is a great application to use for limited internet use. I would not recommend as a permanent internet source at home.

How much data will it take up if I mostly use it for apps, email, and text?

Frosty 12-28-2013 01:08 AM

On my phone I go into settings, wireless and networks, mobile hotspot, then click on TURN ON mobile hotspot, within a minute my ipad is connected to the phone and I am on the internet.