CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Peyton Manning MVP (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202498)

Lalli25 12-29-2013 09:49 PM

Peyton Manning MVP

How can anyone honestly discuss anyone else winning the award. The dude had a half this week that most QBs would love to be their entire game stats. 26/28 266 4 TDs 0 Ints. Also set TD record for a season and passing yardage in a year. Just don't get people who say that some other players are legit MVP candidate contenders.

Regalcock 12-29-2013 10:06 PM

Re: Peyton Manning MVP

He took it and ran away.

I Bleed Garnet 12-29-2013 10:07 PM

I didn't know anyone else was in the discussion for the award.

ucan'tlickourcocks 12-29-2013 10:09 PM

The only discussion I have heard was for 2nd!

Lalli25 12-30-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet (Post 4039035)
I didn't know anyone else was in the discussion for the award.

Some times you hear announcers say some guy should be an MVP candidate but more often you hear dumb fans trying to argue their guy should be MVP.

GH 12-30-2013 12:19 AM

Honestly, how can anyone discuss anyone else winning the award? I just do not get people who say that any other players are legitimately MVP candidates (Lalli25, 2013, p.1).

References
Lalli25 (2013). Peyton Manning MVP. Cockytalk. Retrieved from http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202498

Gamecock_Aholic 12-30-2013 12:49 AM

I wish there was a chance Luke Kuechly could get it. But Peyton is well deserving of it.

GH 12-30-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic (Post 4039167)
I wish there was a chance Luke Kuechly could get it. But Peyton is well deserving of it.

He's got a pretty good shot at Defensive Player of the Year

bigduff32 12-30-2013 12:01 PM

they should rename the award to the "peyton manning MVP award" after the year he had this year. He is just soooo good... glad I had him on my fantasy team!

gripitandripit2007 12-30-2013 12:08 PM

Skip Bayless said Brady should win it bc of what the Pats has done with no WRs this year but he is a huge Brady homer

GH 12-30-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 (Post 4039356)
Skip Bayless said Brady should win it bc of what the Pats has done with no WRs this year but he is a huge Brady homer

Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith are idiots who say stuff just to say it.

Tim Taylor 12-30-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 (Post 4039356)

Ha! Brady is a system quarterback if I've ever seen one. Belichek needs to give a shout out to Mike Leach when he gives his HoF acceptance speech because without that offensive scheme (in addition to all of the outstanding DCs he's hired), Belichek is nothing more than a Bill Parcells wannabe.

Edelman and Amendola were taylormade for the short quick passes from the air raid. Aaron Dobson - while overlooked - was a stud at Marshall. In fact, he had one of the catches of the year in either 2011 or 2012 (look it up).

Another thing ESPN won't mention as the reason for the Patriots success (other than the fact that they were gifted at least one, if not two wins this year), is the fact that they have a top 10 defense again (scoring, not yards, you win and lose based on points), had the number two rushing offense and had the second most rushing touchdowns as well.

Brady's QB rating was 87.3 this year. That puts him in the company of Andy Dalton, Jay Cutler, Sam Bradford, and Carson Palmer. Real who's who among quarterbacks. Hell his QBR (if you are into that sort of thing) was 61.09 which puts him in the Romo/Dalton/Fitzpatrick area again.

He was an above average QB before he got Moss (but given how shitty the league wide qb situation was from 2000 until 2005ish, he was called elite by default) and then he started having great numbers. Peyton has had great numbers no matter where he's gone. The Patriots lose Brady and put in a QB that hadn't started a game in over 5-6 years, and still win 11 games. Manning goes out with an injury and the Colts go 2-14 and have the first pick. If that's not a system, then there is no system.

cockyjordan3 12-30-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Taylor (Post 4039504)
Ha! Brady is a system quarterback if I've ever seen one. Belichek needs to give a shout out to Mike Leach when he gives his HoF acceptance speech because without that offensive scheme (in addition to all of the outstanding DCs he's hired), Belichek is nothing more than a Bill Parcells wannabe.

Edelman and Amendola were taylormade for the short quick passes from the air raid. Aaron Dobson - while overlooked - was a stud at Marshall. In fact, he had one of the catches of the year in either 2011 or 2012 (look it up).

Another thing ESPN won't mention as the reason for the Patriots success (other than the fact that they were gifted at least one, if not two wins this year), is the fact that they have a top 10 defense again (scoring, not yards, you win and lose based on points), had the number two rushing offense and had the second most rushing touchdowns as well.

Brady's QB rating was 87.3 this year. That puts him in the company of Andy Dalton, Jay Cutler, Sam Bradford, and Carson Palmer. Real who's who among quarterbacks. Hell his QBR (if you are into that sort of thing) was 61.09 which puts him in the Romo/Dalton/Fitzpatrick area again.

He was an above average QB before he got Moss (but given how shitty the league wide qb situation was from 2000 until 2005ish, he was called elite by default) and then he started having great numbers. Peyton has had great numbers no matter where he's gone. The Patriots lose Brady and put in a QB that hadn't started a game in over 5-6 years, and still win 11 games. Manning goes out with an injury and the Colts go 2-14 and have the first pick. If that's not a system, then there is no system.

New England has been top 10 in rushing back to back years, yet you claim they ran an air raid. Please be quiet.

Tim Taylor 12-30-2013 04:10 PM

You do realize that Air Raid offenses do run the ball right? Just because they emphasize a bunch of short quick passes, doesn't mean they don't run.

Now sit down and let the grown folks talk junior.

uscbaseball32 12-30-2013 04:23 PM

Once you get to the league there is no such thing as a "system qb" You are either good and win games or you aren't. Brady will go down as one of the best ever and so will Bellicheck. At the professional level if you run your system well enough to win rings then you are a good player. Manning certainly deserves MVP though his numbers are ridiculous.

Regalcock 12-30-2013 04:40 PM

I am not going to trash Brady because he is a hof qb but Peyton is and has been better. Most of his years his defenses were below par.

Tim Taylor 12-30-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscbaseball32 (Post 4039551)
Once you get to the league there is no such thing as a "system qb" You are either good and win games or you aren't. Brady will go down as one of the best ever and so will Bellicheck. At the professional level if you run your system well enough to win rings then you are a good player. Manning certainly deserves MVP though his numbers are ridiculous.

You don't actually believe that do you?

NJGCfan 12-30-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Taylor (Post 4039504)

^idiot.

and I'm a jets fan

NJGCfan 12-30-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Taylor (Post 4039577)
You don't actually believe that do you?

A system QB in the NFL is a guy that lets the running back drive the offense, completes short to mid range passes when they need the yards, and doesn't turn the ball over a la Alex Smith. Brady has had Laurence Maroney and Fumble machine Stevan Ridley as his starting backs and still had good years, he currently has Dobson Amendola and Edelman as his top receivers, they haven't had a good defense since Bruschi, and the team is still winning. Brady is an elite QB and always has been.

uscbaseball32 12-30-2013 05:05 PM

I do, someone called Joe Montana a system qb, his response "That's fine I have four system rings." When you put up numbers and win super bowls, I don't care what "system" you were in you were a good quarterback.