CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Downtown Charleston-Best place to watch game (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202501)

usc1 12-29-2013 11:29 PM

Downtown Charleston-Best place to watch game

Where will all the gamecocks be watching the game in downtown charleston?

Cockier than thou 12-30-2013 01:09 AM

Re: Downtown Charleston-Best place to watch game

The Roost in Avondale. Get there early.

12+4=6 12-30-2013 02:13 AM

Anything not so far (foot travel/cab wise) from downtown that's still a popular spot?

CockaThaWalk 12-30-2013 02:43 AM

KSG will have plenty of fans. Beer Works is solid cuz they never skimp on the audio. HOM is a low key gem if you get a bar seat, the food is phenomenal. Off the peninsula, the Roost is gamecock heaven. Sure fire.

LuckyCharm 12-30-2013 05:11 AM

guess i'm the only person who likes recovery room, because anything

A-Cluckwork-Orange 12-30-2013 01:24 PM

All good places. And I agree on HOM. Top notch burgers. Also, Kickin Chicken has a pretty nice set up. If the weather is nice I will probably hit up Blind Tiger.

Smashies_AC30 12-30-2013 01:36 PM

No one has mentioned king Street Grill, so I suppose I will (although I dont recommend it). I second Beer Works. They have a good beer list, though not what it used to be. Always a good environment to watch a game though, in my mind.

Rooftop (Vendue Inn) is nice but a slight bit pricier for drinks and the TVs aren't big and are only at the bar but the service is great and environment is low key for watching a game.

Kicken Chicken gets my actual vote though. Great food, well priced, good service, and it's more my kind if environment for watching a game. It will be packed so get there early. Plenty of TVs.

Midtown on king may very we'll have the game in the big screen in their back patio. It'd be worth calling to ask.

Avoid Mad River and Big Johns.

bdub 12-30-2013 01:43 PM

The Alley might be my new favorite for games. Cheap drinks and good atmosphere. Beer Works is good too.

Carolinafan8908 12-30-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockaThaWalk (Post 4039209)
KSG will have plenty of fans. Beer Works is solid cuz they never skimp on the audio. HOM is a low key gem if you get a bar seat, the food is phenomenal. Off the peninsula, the Roost is gamecock heaven. Sure fire.

Would you please let me know where you got your man picture from? The "We beat Clemson, again and again and again and again sticker" I know some Tater fans I'd love to share that with! Thanks! And Go Cocks!!

GarnetArmy07 12-30-2013 01:46 PM

Beer Works, The Alley (previous poster)- that place is legit and of course the Gamecock bar, The Roost.

CHSgc 12-30-2013 01:47 PM

Bay Street Biergarten. New place on East Bay where Boathouse/Rice Mkt used to be. Will be an SEC-heavy young professionals crowd.

The Alley is another good spot.

CHSgc 12-30-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smashies_AC30 (Post 4039423)

Avoid... Big Johns.

Shouldn't be too difficult. It's closed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smashies_AC30 (Post 4039423)
Rooftop (Vendue Inn) is nice but a slight bit pricier for drinks and the TVs aren't big and are only at the bar but the service is great and environment is low key for watching a game.

Also closed. Renovating.

12+4=6 12-30-2013 01:50 PM

Thanks for all the help. Sounds like there are a lot of solid options. We're doing Mad River's all you can eat and drink thing for NYE but definitely didn't think we wanted to go to the "home of the West Virginia Mountaineers" for the Carolina game.

Smashies_AC30 12-30-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHSgc (Post 4039444)
Shouldn't be too difficult. It's closed.

Also closed. Renovating.

My b. Haven't lived in charleston in over a year. Miss it dearly. Lived there 6 years.

CHSgc 12-30-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smashies_AC30 (Post 4039470)
My b. Haven't lived in charleston in over a year. Miss it dearly. Lived there 6 years.

The city has changed so much just in the four years I've lived here. My brother left fewer than 6 months ago and was shocked when he came through over the holidays.

USCBatgirl21 12-30-2013 04:09 PM

From Charleston County Gamecock Club.

Can't make it to Orlando for the game? Check out 2 of our big supporters: The Roost Bar 'N Grille and Big Game Bar and Grill Mount Pleasant SC!
Here are the specials they will be running:
The Roost: 10% off everything if you keep your wristband from their New Years Eve party. Hoppin' John.
$3 bloody marys & mimosas, $14 bud light buckets.
Big Game:Domestic Buckets $12
Bud Light, Coors Light and Yuengling 16oz Draft $2.50 and $9 Pitchers
128oz Bud Light Tube $20
Tube + 24 Wings $32
$3 FireBall Shots
$5 Grand Ma
$5 Jameson
$5 Jim Beam Red Stag

BlueHerons 12-31-2013 05:27 PM

King Street Grille is a favorite.