CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Gamecocks in the NFL stats (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202531)

CarolinaGnB521 12-30-2013 06:15 PM

Gamecocks in the NFL stats
 

John Abraham (Arizona Cardinals):

Played in 16 games; Started 13; 11.5 Sacks; 4 FF; 31 tackles; 6 Ast.; 1 Safety

Antonio Allen (New York Jets):
Played in 16 games; Started 9; 1 Sack; 1 INT; 1 TD; 37 tackles; 21 Ast

Jasper Brinkley (Arizona Cardinals):
Played in 15 games; Started 3; 19 Tackles; 3 Ast

Jared Cook (St. Louis Rams):

Played in 16 games; Started 13; 51 Rec; 671 Yards; 5 TD

Chris Culliver (San Francisco 49ers):
Did Not Play (ACL injury)

Patrick DiMarco (Atlanta Falcons):

Played in 14 games; Started 8; 8 Rec; 49 Yards

Clifton Geathers (Philadelphia Eagles):

Played in 16 Games; 9 Tackles; 4 Ast

Stephon Gilmore (Buffalo Bills):

Played in 11 Games; Started 9; 2 Interceptions; 1 FR; 30 Tackles; 5 Ast

DeVonte Holloman (Dallas Cowboys):
Played in 9 Games; Started 2; 2 Sacks; 1 FR; 12 Tackles; 12 Ast

Melvin Ingram (San Diego Chargers):
Played in 4 Games; Started 1; 1 Sack; 1 FF; 4 Tackles; 4 Ast

Lemuel Jeanpierre (Seattle Seahawks):
Played in 16 Games; Started 3

Alshon Jeffery (Chicago Bears):
Played in 16 Games; Started 14; 89 Rec; 1421 yards (6th in the league); 7 TD; 16 Rushes; 105 Yards

Byron Jerideau (San Diego Chargers):
Did Not Play (Shoulder Injury)

Jonathan Joseph (Houston Texans):
Played in 15 Games; Started 15; 3 INT; 44 Tackles; 3 Ast

Spencer Lanning (Cleveland Browns):

Played in 16 Games; 1/1 XP; 84 Punts; 43.8 Y/P Average; 1-1 Passing; 1 TD

Marcus Lattimore (San Francisco 49ers):
Did Not Play (Knee)

Cliff Matthews (Atlanta Falcons):
Played in 15 Games; 7 Tackles; 6 Ast

Jamon Meredith (Tampa Bay Buccaneers):
Played in 16 Games; Started 8

Captain Munnerlyn (Carolina Panthers):
Played in 16 Games; Started 16; 3 Sacks; 2 INT; 2 TD; 1 FF; 1 FR; 48 Tackles; 25 Ast

Sidney Rice (Seattle Seahawks):
Played in 8 Games; Started 6; 15 Rec; 231 Yards; 3 TD

Travian Robertson (Atlanta Falcons):
Played in 5 Games; 2 Tackles

Dunta Robinson (Kansas City Chiefs):
Played in 9 Games; Started 2; 1 FR; 13 Tackles

Ace Sanders (Jacksonville Jaguars):
Played in 15 Games; Started 5; 51 Rec; 484 Yards; 1 TD; 1-1 Passing 1 TD; 25 Punt Ret; 140 Punt Ret Yards; 3 Kick Ret; 75 Kick Ret Yards

Weslye Saunders (Indianapolis Colts):
Played in 6 Games; Started 1; 4 Rec; 46 Yards

Darian Stewart (St. Louis Rams):

Played in 14 Games; Started 6; 1 FF; 1 FR; 28 Tackles; 6 Ast.

Ryan Succop (Kansas City Chiefs):
Played in 16 Games; 22-28 on FG (78.6%); 1-4 on FG from 50+; 52-52 XP

DJ Swearinger (Houston Texans):
Played in 16 Games; Started 10; 1 INT; 1 FF; 50 Tackles; 16 Ast

Devin Taylor (Detroit Lions):
Played in 13 Games; Started 2; 2.5 Sacks; 2 FF; 9 Tackles; 5 Ast.

Rokevious Watkins (Kansas City Chiefs):

Played in 4 Games; Started 1

Travelle Wharton (Carolina Panthers):
Played in 16 Games; Started 12

Justice Cunningham was drafted by the Colts, called up from practice squad and released by the Colts, picked up by the Rams, and released by the Rams.

garnet_black215 12-30-2013 06:22 PM

Re: Gamecocks in the NFL stats
 
That's a long list.

USCremedy 12-30-2013 06:29 PM

Re: Gamecocks in the NFL stats
 
is Gilmore considered a great CB? I know some of the good ones don't have crazy numbers because QBs avoid their side of the field.

USCremedy 12-30-2013 06:32 PM

Re: Gamecocks in the NFL stats
 
add 1 TD pass to Spencer Lanning.

CarolinaGnB521 12-30-2013 06:34 PM

Re: Gamecocks in the NFL stats
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by USCremedy (Post 4039659)
is Gilmore considered a great CB? I know some of the good ones don't have crazy numbers because QBs avoid their side of the field.

He's still young in the NFL so they will still test him. He hasn't done anything that says "Stay away from me" yet. However, multiple NFL analyst predict he can be a regular pro-bowler in the near future.

Goofyboy 12-31-2013 02:26 AM

Re: Gamecocks in the NFL stats
 
Thanks for posting this. Interesting read.

CoverTwo 12-31-2013 02:37 AM

Re: Gamecocks in the NFL stats
 
Ace Sanders with 51 grabs as a rookie.

Steeler7588 12-31-2013 09:00 AM

Re: Gamecocks in the NFL stats
 
Jasper and Jared have been pretty disappointing given that they've managed to stay healthy. Jasper in particular was a player I thought would do very well at the next level.

Legalman72 12-31-2013 11:10 AM

Re: Gamecocks in the NFL stats
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CoverTwo (Post 4040083)
Ace Sanders with 51 grabs as a rookie.

With no QB!

Goofyboy 12-31-2013 11:12 AM

Re: Gamecocks in the NFL stats
 
Brinkley was actually injured a good portion of the season. He will need the off-season to get back to full speed.

InletCock1989 12-31-2013 11:16 AM

Re: Gamecocks in the NFL stats
 
Yeah Jasper has done pretty good also

Transmaniacon 12-31-2013 11:39 AM

Re: Gamecocks in the NFL stats
 
Gilmore suffered a fractured wrist just before the season began, so he missed a lot of games. And, when he came back, he played with a cast over his injured arm for a few weeks. So, that's why his stats blow. Hard to do much in the stat department as a one-armed corner. By the last 4 games of the season, he was looking really good again. He still needs to improve parts of his game. He tends to be too physical and get penalized at times.

Goofyboy 12-31-2013 11:50 AM

Re: Gamecocks in the NFL stats
 
Just think about Antonio Allen. Drafted 6th round (partly because of playing spur in college). Made the team his rookie year, and starting his second year. Making the adjustment to the NFL that quickly in a position where they make you a target is just fine work.

Regalcock 12-31-2013 12:06 PM

Re: Gamecocks in the NFL stats
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeler7588 (Post 4040110)
Jasper and Jared have been pretty disappointing given that they've managed to stay healthy. Jasper in particular was a player I thought would do very well at the next level.

Cook is the best overall receiving threat on the rams. I don't think he has been disappointing. The team has been a work in progress.

Steeler7588 12-31-2013 03:34 PM

Re: Gamecocks in the NFL stats
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Regalcock (Post 4040205)
Cook is the best overall receiving threat on the rams. I don't think he has been disappointing. The team has been a work in progress.

The best receiving threat on the Rams would be Tavon Austin (when he's actually utilized, at least), but I understand your point. It's not that Cook hasn't produced, but he's been waited on to match his potential ever since the Titans drafted him. Every offseason, you see these reports about how athletic he is and how he's expected to blow up in the upcoming year, and he hasn't lived up to the hype. He signed a $35 million contract before this year!

NJGCfan 12-31-2013 03:59 PM

Re: Gamecocks in the NFL stats
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goofyboy (Post 4040190)
Just think about Antonio Allen. Drafted 6th round (partly because of playing spur in college). Made the team his rookie year, and starting his second year. Making the adjustment to the NFL that quickly in a position where they make you a target is just fine work.

Allen was a 7th rounder, and he is generally regarded as a guy that will be starting for the Jets for a long time. Only didn't start more games because Ryan has a soft spot for Ed Reed

CarolinaGnB521 12-31-2013 04:05 PM

Re: Gamecocks in the NFL stats
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NJGCfan (Post 4040370)
Allen was a 7th rounder, and he is generally regarded as a guy that will be starting for the Jets for a long time. Only didn't start more games because Ryan has a soft spot for Ed Reed

Well, that and the fact that he's not going to be the best safety ever. Safety is still the weak link in the Jets defense - and they're looking to upgrade the position in the off-season.

NJGCfan 12-31-2013 10:50 PM

Re: Gamecocks in the NFL stats
 
Allen will be a starter next year and there is zero doubt in my mind. Everybody is very high on him. They are upgrading dawan Landry's position this offseason. Milliner had a rough first half and Cromartie was terrible all year, that contributed greatly to how bad the secondary was. Allen is a long term solution.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.