CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   SEC Underdogs (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202541)

GamecockinILL 12-30-2013 10:29 PM

SEC Underdogs

Does anyone else find it odd that out of 10 SEC teams playing bowls, only two are underdogs....Aubie and us?

I mean, I can understand Aubie being a dog in the championship game. I still think they will win, but I understand the spread. But for no other SEC team to be rated as a dog other than Carolina is head-scratching to me. Even UGA without Murray is favored.

Does anybody else think this is weird? Honestly, not only am I confused, but I feel a little disrespected too. I hope the team is ticked by it!

uscgamecocks88 12-30-2013 10:38 PM

Re: SEC Underdogs

Guys called it a "slap in the face" at a press conference today.

GamecockinILL 12-30-2013 10:39 PM

Good....they should take some umbrage at it....I'm still trying to figure out how us and Aubie are the only underdogs

uscnoklahoma 12-31-2013 10:33 AM

Its simple they're strength is our weakness. They plan on pounding the middle not the edge. Also the game was a pick for a long time and then Byrd went out and it went to 2 or 2 1/2. It is currently at 1 1/2 on the site I use. We honestly would have matched up better with any other Big 10 team. That being said I expect us to win.

catdaddy66 12-31-2013 10:38 AM

Another double digit bowl victory will shut the critics up for a few months. As far as their strength being our weakness, if giving up only 145 yds rushing per game in the Sec is a weakness, I hope we are weak for 4 qtrs!!! Bring it, Wiscy, cause you know the Cocks will!

treys1986 12-31-2013 11:31 AM

We are the 2nd ranked rush defense in the conference.

I wouldn't exactly call that a weakness.

MeesterFriendly 12-31-2013 11:33 AM

We beat Wisconsin by no less than 10 points. Don't see them stopping us, I think we score virtually every time we have the ball.

BigAppleBucky 12-31-2013 01:46 PM

It makes no sense to me at all except that the so-called "sharpies" in Las Vegas have been laying money on Wisconsin.

By my estimate, South Carolina should be a double digit to three score favorite.

66% of 17,000 users on Yahoo Sports picked USC, nearly every media expert has picked USC, and ESPN's online pick 'em also heavily favors USC.

From what I've read, the general betting public's money is 2 to 1 down on South Carolina, but total money is near even. Go figure.

OldPat 12-31-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 (Post 4039944)
Guys called it a "slap in the face" at a press conference today.

Guess we got a choice to make: Roll over, play dead & go bay at the moon OR give Wiscy a good KITA.

Don't care to play like Dabo's guys so I vote for the KITA.

Hey, RP, been your 12th man this yr, but you haven't really needed me that much so I'm gonna be a floater just for this game. Pls tell the guys I'm fresh, got good hands & a big heart, & I'm ready to help 'em kick some ass so any of 'em can lean on me & take whatever they need. Tks, man, for everything.

Flameout12 12-31-2013 02:56 PM

Underdogs? I like it! Just win!

uscnoklahoma 01-01-2014 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catdaddy66 (Post 4040135)
Another double digit bowl victory will shut the critics up for a few months. As far as their strength being our weakness, if giving up only 145 yds rushing per game in the Sec is a weakness, I hope we are weak for 4 qtrs!!! Bring it, Wiscy, cause you know the Cocks will!

2 quarters down.

Regalcock 01-01-2014 03:57 PM

Wisky probably already has 145 yards rushing.