CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Cack's Toast Of The Game: Capital One Bowl: Wisconsin (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202667)

cack 01-02-2014 02:56 PM

Cack's Toast Of The Game: Capital One Bowl: Wisconsin

So another season has come and gone, and now that it's over, we get to wait till next season.

With Saturday's game we saw, for the last time in Gamecock uniforms, Connor Shaw, Jadeveon Clowney, Kelcy Quarles and maybe Bruce Ellington. Those guys have each played HUGE parts in the success of this program. Without each of them, each of the past 3 seasons could have had 2-3 more losses.

There are 4 or 5 guys that I could really give this toast to. We had some huge plays made that impacted the game, and we had some great performances for the entire game, but when it comes down to it. 1 guy shined a little brighter than the rest.

This week's ...

CACK'S TOAST OF THE GAME ... FOR THE CAPITAL ONE BOWL AGAINST WISCONSIN ... GOES TO ... BRUCE ELLINGTON :woo:

http://media.gogamecocks.com/smedia/....AuSt.168.jpeg

Bruce has made huge catch after huge catch over his career, and if it came to an end Wednesday, we will sorely miss him. We're not able to come back against Mizzou if he doesn't keep his tip toe in bounds as he caught the TD to tie it up. Connor had an amazing game, and amazing stats, but those stats were helped with a few phenominal catches by Bruce. Plus, Bruce finished with a higher completion percentage than Connor did, so I had to give it to him.

Honorable Mentions:
Connor Shaw - You couldn't end a career any better than Shaw did. We will miss Shaw as a leader and a WINNER. I'm glad he was able to go out on a game that he passed for 3 TDs, rushed for a TD, and caught one as well. Here's soluting you Shaw. Best of luck with the pros, but if that doesn't work out, best of luck with your future.

Jadeveon Clowney - THANK YOU, for coming to South Carolina and giving us the greatest 3 year run in school history. This year didn't turn out to be what we all hoped and dreamed it would have been, but Clowney showed us one more time what we're losing. You could have went anywhere in the nation, but you chose to be a Gamecock.

Skai Moore - He has gotten better and better has the season has gone, and with him as the Defensive ancor, I think we'll be just fine in the future.

Shaq Roland - Could argue that Shaq should have gotten the toast as well. He made a couple of big catches at critical parts of the game. I would love to see Bruce return, to see what these 2 can do next year together. That's a dangerous combo.

The Whole Team - The Defense stood up when they had to, and the Offense did what it needed to put points up on the board. The coaches had a game plan in place that set our team up for success. 11 wins for the 3rd straight season is something on 3 other teams in the nation can say. HOW 'BOUT THEM GAMECOCKS!!!!!

Week 1 - Offensive Line
Week 2 - Mike Davis
Week 3 - The Receivers
Week 4 - Mike Davis
Week 5 - JT Surratt
Week 6 - Connor Shaw
Week 7 - Jadeveon Clowney
Week 8 - Connor Shaw
Week 9 - Sharrod Golightly
Week 10 - Elliott Fry & Shon Carson
Week 11 - The Entire Team
Week 12 - Connor Shaw
Bowl Game - Bruce Ellington

EVERYONE RAISE YOUR GLASS ... HERE'S TO YOU BRUUUUUUUUCE :woo:

Guys and gals, thanks for letting me do this for you again. It kind of started as a post here and there, and grew from there. I don't claim to know everything about Football (some of you would say that I don't know anything), but I enjoy putting these together and hearing what some of you have to say about them. Till next season ... GO COCKS!!!!!

uscjeremynca 01-02-2014 03:06 PM

Re: Cack's Toast Of The Game: Capital One Bowl: Wisconsin

Bruce had a great game. Loved the TD pass and he made a couple of outstanding catches to go along with his TDs. However, Bruce caught 6 balls and threw one. His plays were huge. However, Connor completed 88% of his passes and ran it 16 times with 5 TDs. We don't win that game without Connor. We don't win that game without Connor throwing those balls to Bruce. Connor was helped out by a bad Wisconsin secondary. However, the stats, touches, execution, and performance make Connor Shaw the pick for me.

The Yancey 01-02-2014 03:08 PM

Gotta disagree Cack. It has to be Shaw.

Acockolypse Now 01-02-2014 03:18 PM

Shaw.

Cockypantherfan 01-02-2014 03:22 PM

Bruce or Shaw, you cannot really go wrong.

cack 01-02-2014 03:23 PM

Shaw admitted in the post game interview that he "just threw it up" a couple of times to Bruce and Shaq. Bruce made the play on those balls to make that play.

Plus, Bruce had 2 or 3 Sports Center Top 10 calliber catches.

ShutTheSuccop 01-02-2014 03:42 PM

I thought you would do Shaw as well but I can't really argue against Bruce either. They were so dynamic in that game. I swear, after watching Ellington throw that pass to Shaw it made me wish we had let him run some wildcat as well...he threw that on a string. Either way, Bruce made some HUGE catches....I could not beleive the tipped ball...I scared our kids I got so excited!

Roosterboy 01-02-2014 03:49 PM

Co-MVP...Shaw and Ellington...can't have one without the other.

We will truly miss both of them next year (I think Ellington is gone after that performance).

The Yancey 01-02-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cack (Post 4043990)
Shaw admitted in the post game interview that he "just threw it up" a couple of times to Bruce and Shaq. Bruce made the play on those balls to make that play.

When was the last time we had a QB to run, pass, and catch a TD?

COCKYWOOD 01-02-2014 04:16 PM

Shaw !

CockLurker 01-02-2014 04:22 PM

Quote:

Yes he just "threw it up," becase that's what a qb does on every play.

Don't take credit away from Shaw because he wanted to give his teammates credit. He's allowed to take credit away from himself, but he played a hell of a game and, despite the fact that some great catches were made, the ball had to even be in a spot for the catch to be made in the first place.

Hey cack, better retroactively take away every time you've given a toast to Shaw because I'm positive that in his post game interviews he said the receivers and OLine deserved the credit. Even he said it himself, so yeah.

lol@ He just happened to be the medium through which bruce ellington caught the ball.

Co-MVPs for sure.

markp_vip 01-02-2014 04:24 PM

I think you can make a case for either one. They both had amazing games. Sucks that we won't be seeing Connor suit up in the Garnet and Black next season. Really hope the same isn't true for Bruce, but will respect his decision either way and be thankful for all both of them have done for us the last few years.

sporkgod50 01-02-2014 04:25 PM

and the correct answer is Shaw! accounted for 5 tds, unbelievable!

cack 01-02-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockLurker (Post 4044063)
Yes he just "threw it up," becase that's what a qb does on every play.

Don't take credit away from Shaw because he wanted to give his teammates credit. He's allowed to take credit away from himself, but he played a hell of a game and, despite the fact that some great catches were made, the ball had to even be in a spot for the catch to be made in the first place.

Hey cack, better retroactively take away every time you've given a toast to Shaw because I'm positive that in his post game interviews he said the receivers and OLine deserved the credit. Even he said it himself, so yeah.

lol@ He just happened to be the medium through which bruce ellington caught the ball.

Co-MVPs for sure.

There's a difference between giving praise "my oline really gave me a lot of time out there" or "the receivers made some great catches and didn't drop anything" and giving full credit "i just threw it up". I'm taking NOTHING away from Shaw. He had one of the greatest games, stats wise, I've ever seen. However, I think those stats were helped by a few circus catches by Bruce (and even Shaq).

Again, not taking credit away from Shaw, just giving credit to Bruce.

G&B 01-02-2014 04:56 PM

Agree with the bruce pick.

He made 2 huge catches where he adjusted to the ball (the come backer and the tip catch)....without those 2 catches we don't turn the momentum and win the game. Add on his TD catch and he gets my vote for toast of the game.

Shaw may have been MVP but bruce gets my toast as well.

Cockadoo 01-02-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

I smell what your steppin' in, but Spurrier also said Bruce ran the wrong route on 3rd down which was the cause for the 4th down where he made the great catch. He had to make amends so to speak.

InletCock1989 01-02-2014 05:20 PM

How about the WHOLE team? Being off the field for a month and coming out and winning against a very good Wisconsin team.

trapper82 01-02-2014 05:21 PM

It is "Cack's Toast of the Game," it's not exactly like a democratic vote. I think what most on here are saying (myself included) was that we would choose Shaw.

cockybusiness2 01-02-2014 05:25 PM

BRUUUCE

cack 01-02-2014 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockadoo (Post 4044145)
I smell what your steppin' in, but Spurrier also said Bruce ran the wrong route on 3rd down which was the cause for the 4th down where he made the great catch. He had to make amends so to speak.

Well shaw threw 3 incompletions. 3>1 :grin: