CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   I can't believe the season is over... (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202750)

KEmmrich 01-03-2014 05:43 PM

I can't believe the season is over...

... didn't it just start???

I was one of those that thought this was going to be a very rough season. With all that was lost on the D-line and in LB's, I thought the "D" was going to struggle mightily.

I think this team actually over-achieved by going 11-2. The way some of the games went this could have easily been an 8-4 season. Congrats to the gamecocks and yes, I wish Bruce was coming back. But football is a brutal sport and he has his degree. If you have a chance at the NFL, you gotta take it. Go get 'em, Bruce.

In the wisconsin game we should have run-blitzed the gap LB's every down (ha, ha). I like Whammy, but I think I like gap-control defenses better. I don't think Kelcy helped himself too much in the Wisconsin game, I hope he shows out well in the pro days and interviews.

Next year I hope we go more wide open on offense with a sound running game, too. Maybe next year will be a little more fun and gun. Not too many QB's can do what Shaw does, so we just can't expect his 3rd down miracles to be happening as much next year.

Clowneygotcha 01-03-2014 05:57 PM

Re: I can't believe the season is over...

Yep thats how it goes. Here one minute gone the next. A very memorable season, and some of the greats leaving this team. Mainly Clowney and Connor Shaw. Going to miss both of them, and Shaw is indeed a legend around Columbia now. I hope he shows out in the NFL. I think we are stacked for the next few years in talent. The golden age of Gamecock Football has only just begun.

kingoftheroost 01-03-2014 06:31 PM

I feel like this every year. The reality hits me pretty early that football season is too short. Around game three I find myself thinking, "Crap! The season is already 25% gone!"

Rebel4ever 01-03-2014 06:42 PM

This season didn't go by as fast as the last couple. 2011 flew by it seemed and 2012. We had two off weeks didn't we? Maybe that seemed to make it longer.

SC Sandlapper 01-03-2014 09:28 PM

I'm already in withdrawal. There's such a long buildup to the fall and all that anticipation, then you get so wrapped up in it during the season that it's like coming off heroin in January (not that I have ever done that, but you get the point). Thank goodness for my DVR which is full of Gamecock football.

1801Green 01-04-2014 12:38 AM

Don't worry. The Gamecocks are on the hardwood now. It will be a seamless transition.

catdaddy66 01-04-2014 02:28 PM

It seems like just yesterday I was stuck in traffic as I made my way thru Olympia to Williams Brice to watch the Gamecocks crush UNC... good times!