CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Sammy Watkins and Bryant declaring (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202830)

clemsux614 01-05-2014 05:14 PM

Sammy Watkins and Bryant declaring

http://college-football.si.com/2014/...ant-nfl-draft/

Also hearing Beasley and Breeland are going but cant find anything official yet.

warriorchief 01-05-2014 06:33 PM

Re: Sammy Watkins and Bryant declaring

Watkins was a no-brainer, but Bryant should have stuck around for another year. He's got butterfinger and mental slump problems he needs to work out.

kingoftheroost 01-05-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warriorchief (Post 4048802)
Watkins was a no-brainer, but Bryant should have stuck around for another year. He's got butterfinger and mental slump problems he needs to work out.

Often I think fans of the team shouldn't weigh in on a player leaving early if that player isn't a no-brainer (like Watkins for you guys and Clowney for us) because I think we, as fans, are too emotionally attached to the team and usually end up being negative about that player. That said, even as an outsider I agree with you about Bryant. I admit I don't watch much CU football, but Bryant hasn't shown me anything to suggest he's ready for the NFL in any way but physically. He has struggled in college overall, and in a system that is very WR-friendly, so why is he making the jump now?

trapper82 01-05-2014 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingoftheroost (Post 4048807)
Often I think fans of the team shouldn't weigh in on a player leaving early if that player isn't a no-brainer (like Watkins for you guys and Clowney for us) because I think we, as fans, are too emotionally attached to the team and usually end up being negative about that player. That said, even as an outsider I agree with you about Bryant. I admit I don't watch much CU football, but Bryant hasn't shown me anything to suggest he's ready for the NFL in any way but physically. He has struggled in college overall, and in a system that is very WR-friendly, so why is he making the jump now?

Good measurable, he will be drafted higher than you think he should.

Roosterboy 01-05-2014 06:46 PM

No surprise here.

Know Bryant through sources from Hanna...has zero interest in being in school. IF he could've gone straight to the pros out of HS, he would have.

He has filled his minimum to going to school...no shocker.

Beasley leaving won't shock me...will be a good 3-4 LB prospect in the NFL, and he needs strike after a good season...Brealand would be a surprise to me.

Roosterboy 01-05-2014 06:47 PM

Also rumors Stephone Anthony and Corey Crawford may also go....

If that is true, and clemson had all this pro talent on the team, is it a failure they didn't not make a national title and got beat by one "inferior team" in South Carolina.

usc90grad 01-05-2014 06:47 PM

More and more kids are leaving early these days. Watkins is a no brainer though.

Coulwoodwarlord 01-05-2014 06:47 PM

I do believe the Tigers are gonna be in worse shape than us next year.

Lonnie 01-05-2014 07:06 PM

http://i546.photobucket.com/albums/h...psdbe9de17.jpg

Regalcock 01-05-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warriorchief (Post 4048802)

You are correct but you may be better without that nickel-head on your team. Find out what Mike Williams really has.

Luke Skycocker 01-05-2014 07:20 PM

Bryant drops more balls than just about anyone I've seen

SClawman 01-05-2014 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roosterboy (Post 4048817)
No surprise here.

Know Bryant through sources from Hanna...has zero interest in being in school. IF he could've gone straight to the pros out of HS, he would have.

Yep, my Clemson fan neighbor told me last year Bryant would eventually fail out of school so it probably makes sense he's declaring.

roosterdude21 01-05-2014 07:27 PM

Bryant almost had a breakout year

Sonofacock 01-05-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roosterdude21 (Post 4048874)
Bryant almost had a breakout year

But he dropped it

gamecockjay 01-05-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trapper82 (Post 4048812)

I agree. He is a physical specimen and could be legit weapon in the league.

kingoftheroost 01-05-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecockjay (Post 4048953)

I'm not arguing the measurables he possesses. In fact, that's what I meant when I said he's ready physically. But it's not like the game is going to get easier in the NFL, so why would he go early since he has struggled in college, especially given the system he has been in? I mean he COULD have been a legitimate weapon at CU, but he hasn't, really.

Luke Skycocker 01-05-2014 09:22 PM

And breeland sucks, I don't see why he's go early

warriorchief 01-06-2014 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regalcock (Post 4048844)
You are correct but you may be better without that nickel-head on your team. Find out what Mike Williams really has.

Mike has very good potential, we'll see how it pans out next season. Plus it'll be VERY nice having Charone Peake back from his injury. He's a very good receiver, just hasn't had the chance to show off yet between limited PT and a season-ending injury.

IMACOCK 01-06-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trapper82 (Post 4048812)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecockjay (Post 4048953)

Are we talking about the same Martavis Bryant that plays for clemson. He is 6'5" and only 200 lbs. I've never seen him be physical (granted, I didn't watch tons of clemson football this year). I saw him out-jump DBs. One good hit over the middle from an NFL LB and he may break in half.

USC65 01-06-2014 12:13 PM

Three and go doesn't bother me at all. I remember when freshmen were not allowed to play varsity ball, which in essence limited a player to 3 years of varsity play. The freshman rule was stupid, but if a player has the talent to be drafted early, he should take it and run. He can always come back and get his degree.