CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   CBS Sports Draft Position Rankings (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202832)

CarolinaGnB521 01-05-2014 06:00 PM

CBS Sports Draft Position Rankings
 
Clowney: #1 DE, #2 Overall
Quarles: #8 DT, #74 Overall
Ellington: #13 WR, #96 Overall
Hampton: #12 CB, #98 Overall
Shaw: #13 QB, #227 Overall
Sutton: #23 DE, #302 Overall
Legree: #43 CB, #394 Overall
Patrick: #30 OG, #512 Overall

Mechanical Cock 01-05-2014 06:10 PM

Re: CBS Sports Draft Position Rankings
 
i'd be more than happy with that.

Gamecock_Aholic 01-05-2014 06:11 PM

Re: CBS Sports Draft Position Rankings
 
I'm surprised Bruce is that high honestly.

CarolinaGnB521 01-05-2014 06:15 PM

Re: CBS Sports Draft Position Rankings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic (Post 4048777)
I'm surprised Bruce is that high honestly.

Not a lot of very noticalbe names to pick from for WR this year.
http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/a...5at45320PM.png

GarnetSwarm1990 01-05-2014 06:23 PM

Re: CBS Sports Draft Position Rankings
 
KQ shows out at the combine and pro day he could definitely move up. He's one of the more productive DT's in the draft this year.

Good "measurable's" will help him. Scouts know he is productive on the field.

JaxcockFL 01-05-2014 06:27 PM

Re: CBS Sports Draft Position Rankings
 
There are 254 draft picks. The OP source is saying that anyone over 254 won't get drafted.

CarolinaGnB521 01-05-2014 06:33 PM

Re: CBS Sports Draft Position Rankings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxcockFL (Post 4048793)
There are 254 draft picks. The OP source is saying that anyone over 254 won't get drafted.


...no, it's ranking the top prospects. I'm sure CBS Sports realizes that there are only X amount of draft picks and that the NFL has never drafted prospects ranked 1-X amount.

I say X amount because it's not 254 each year.

Clowneygotcha 01-05-2014 06:38 PM

Re: CBS Sports Draft Position Rankings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 (Post 4048801)
...no, it's ranking the top prospects. I'm sure CBS Sports realizes that there are only X amount of draft picks and that the NFL has never drafted prospects ranked 1-X amount.

I say X amount because it's not 254 each year.

I believe they all will be drafted, with the except of Patrick or Legree.. but hell I can even see those going to a team before Free Agency. All I know as a definite, is that Shaw, Clowney, Quarles, Hampton and Ellington WILL be drafted.

pimpingamecock 01-05-2014 08:09 PM

Re: CBS Sports Draft Position Rankings
 
Do you have a link? I'd like to follow that

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

CarolinaGnB521 01-05-2014 08:17 PM

Re: CBS Sports Draft Position Rankings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpingamecock (Post 4048910)
Do you have a link? I'd like to follow that

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk


http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

Lonnie 01-05-2014 08:35 PM

Re: CBS Sports Draft Position Rankings
 
Jimmy Garoppolo from Northern Illinois list listed ahead of Boyd. :rotfl:

gamecockphan 01-05-2014 08:50 PM

Re: CBS Sports Draft Position Rankings
 
Could Bruce be a Randall Cobb type player? Measurables are similar and both played wildcat in college and did ST.

Cobb's top line speed is better but I feel that they are somewhat similar in other aspects.

CarolinaGnB521 01-05-2014 09:05 PM

Re: CBS Sports Draft Position Rankings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecockphan (Post 4048961)
Could Bruce be a Randall Cobb type player? Measurables are similar and both played wildcat in college and did ST.

Cobb's top line speed is better but I feel that they are somewhat similar in other aspects.


Cobb isn't that much faster than Bruce Ellington. Cobb ran a 4.46 at the combine, and Bruce ran a 4.54 in events where he's been clocked. That's a difference of about 3/4 of a yard if they were to race those times.

But I've posted this many of times in other threads. Bruce Ellington is similar in size and speed to some of the best NFL Slot receivers (Lance Moore, Wes Welker, Davone Bess, Danny Amendola, etc. etc.)

Flameout12 01-05-2014 11:19 PM

Re: CBS Sports Draft Position Rankings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonnie (Post 4048943)
Jimmy Garoppolo from Northern Illinois list listed ahead of Boyd. :rotfl:

And Boyd was projected 1st rd last year? Drank the Dabo cool-aid. Wonder if this impacted several taters leaving early this year?

GoldenSpur7 01-06-2014 12:00 AM

Re: CBS Sports Draft Position Rankings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonnie (Post 4048943)
Jimmy Garoppolo from Northern Illinois list listed ahead of Boyd.

Bortles is listed at #3 QB, and a 1st round pick. I think that would be a serious mistake, for whoever took him.

CockyInSeattle 01-06-2014 12:15 AM

Re: CBS Sports Draft Position Rankings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSpur7 (Post 4049126)
Bortles is listed at #3 QB, and a 1st round pick. I think that would be a serious mistake, for whoever took him.

Why? Did you watch him against Baylor? UCF's only loss was to a damn good Gamecock team. A Gamecock team that is 11-2 each of the last three seasons. There's only like, what, four teams that have gone 11-2 for the last three years? Bama, Stanford, Oregon, and who else?

UCF beat Louisville.

He may not be Bridgewater, but he's no Butt Fumble Mark Sanchez or Tony Romo.

CockyInSeattle 01-06-2014 12:23 AM

Re: CBS Sports Draft Position Rankings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic (Post 4048777)
I'm surprised Bruce is that high honestly.

Did you watch our bowl game?

Gamecock_Aholic 01-06-2014 12:24 AM

Re: CBS Sports Draft Position Rankings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyInSeattle (Post 4049137)
Did you watch our bowl game?

Yep.

c0ckkn0cker 01-06-2014 12:52 AM

Re: CBS Sports Draft Position Rankings
 
I don't get why Jordan Matthews is always so underrated. He puts up big numbers when he's vandy's only weapon against good SEC backs. He'll have great value for whoever takes him.

b381l 01-06-2014 01:10 AM

Re: CBS Sports Draft Position Rankings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 (Post 4048768)
Clowney: #1 DE, #2 Overall
Quarles: #8 DT, #74 Overall
Ellington: #13 WR, #96 Overall
Hampton: #12 CB, #98 Overall
Shaw: #13 QB, #227 Overall
Sutton: #23 DE, #302 Overall
Legree: #43 CB, #394 Overall
Patrick: #30 OG, #512 Overall

there's only 7 rounds of 32 per round plus some compensatory picks....so the max is only around 250.....anyone above 250 will be a free agent.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.