CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Connor Mitch, next big thing? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202947)

Clowneygotcha 01-07-2014 09:23 PM

Connor Mitch, next big thing?

Ok, you knew it was coming. It is officially the offseason, so we can now speculate about anything and everything, with no facts because we are just speculating.

I have seen a lot of who starts at QB this year, and while I fully believe Dylan will most likely lead our team this year, I want to talk about another QB who plays for us.

Recently he has been overlooked, because the way we run our offense, everyone expects Nosovitch to take the reigns, because his play style resembles Connor Shaw's more than that of Mitch.

When Connor Mitch was recruited in 2012 and signed and eventually enrolled early, everyone was high on this kid. I mean when Steve Spurrier tells you he will coach your entire career if you come play QB for him, your not just an average QB recruit, you must be something special. We all know that the thread pops up every offseason of when will Spurrier call it quits, or who will replace him, but he made it a note to tell this guy from NC that he will be here as long as he plays QB at South Carolina.

Lets look at some stats.
http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/conn...ball-stats.htm

So apparently over 2 seasons with 2 different Varsity teams he passed for a total of: 8533 yards, 111 TDs with only 9 INTs.. completions were 560 out of 922 pass attempts. Not too shabby.

He was also recruited as one of the top Pocket Passing QBs in the 2013 class. He chose South Carolina over Alabama, Auburn, FSU, Florida, LSU, North Carolina, Vanderbilt, Wisconsin, Tennessee and the list goes on and on. That is one heck of a recruiting resume for a QB.

So we got a steal with this guy. He was Redshirted this past season, and now sits at Number 3 I would say on the Depth Chart? Mainly because he has not played a game for us yet, and was in a redshirt year.

Anyways with all that being said, I am high on Connor Mitch. I think having another Connor at the helm next year would be very huge for us. Not just any Connor, because you cannot replace a Connor Shaw. But this kid has showed time and time again he can be a baller.

I look for him to really push for the job of QB in the offseason. Again may the best QB win, but for him I think he really has a shot.

unccgamecock 01-07-2014 09:37 PM

Re: Connor Mitch, next big thing?

Dylan is fantastic but you saw what a redshirt freshman did the last 2 years...

Just win baby!

Makindough 01-07-2014 09:42 PM

Agreed, he could very well be "that qb" the one most have over looked in his early career much like manziel and winston

Cockypantherfan 01-07-2014 09:56 PM

Going to be a fun QB battle in the Spring. Good thing we have a lot of quality guys battling it out.

Clowneygotcha 01-07-2014 09:58 PM

With no real replies, and lots of views, I am wondering if anyone has ever seen this kid play. Does anyone know he once threw 9 TD passes in a game lol

me4USC 01-07-2014 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan (Post 4051750)
Going to be a fun QB battle in the Spring. Good thing we have a lot of quality guys battling it out.

I'm all for it. When Dylan pushed Connor Shaw, Shaw improved. If Mitch and Nosovitch push Thompson, the same thing will likely happen. Bring it.

Coulwoodwarlord 01-07-2014 09:59 PM

I'm curious to how things will play out. Truth be told, I'd be a bit disappointed if NOS doesn't see the field some. I guess it all comes down to Thompson and how SOS feels about him. I do know this. I saw our HBC stick to his guns with Shaw, and NO body can argue with those results. Do I want to see Mitch at helm? Only if he is the man, and this coming year, I think that could be a tall mountain to climb. If NOS is not the player I think, then Mitch may sniff more than just few snaps. We'll see........

kingoftheroost 01-07-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha (Post 4051752)
With no real replies, and lots of views, I am wondering if anyone has ever seen this kid play. Does anyone know he once threw 9 TD passes in a game lol

He was highly touted for a reason, but the fact remains his accomplishments were in high school, not the SEC, so while we all want him to come in and be the best QB in the history of college football, most of us also want to wait to see how he does in his first college game before anointing him the next big thing.

Makindough 01-07-2014 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha (Post 4051752)

I have followed him on twitter for quite sometime and i realize thats no "insider info" BUT yes as a senior he had MANY highlight friday nights according to local writers/tweets from his media coverage. DUDE WAS SICK his senior year.

GamecockGirl23 01-07-2014 10:12 PM

I know he was outstanding in high school, he seems to work pretty hard and I fully expect to see him playing next year...maybe not as our starter, but I feel like he will be ready for some playing time in game situations by the time next season rolls around.

johnmcclane 01-07-2014 10:14 PM

i think you're on to something

Rooster'srule 01-07-2014 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha (Post 4051713)
Ok, you knew it was coming. It is officially the offseason, so we can now speculate about anything and everything, with no facts because we are just speculating.

I have seen a lot of who starts at QB this year, and while I fully believe Dylan will most likely lead our team this year, I want to talk about another QB who plays for us.

Recently he has been overlooked, because the way we run our offense, everyone expects Nosovitch to take the reigns, because his play style resembles Connor Shaw's more than that of Mitch.

When Connor Mitch was recruited in 2012 and signed and eventually enrolled early, everyone was high on this kid. I mean when Steve Spurrier tells you he will coach your entire career if you come play QB for him, your not just an average QB recruit, you must be something special. We all know that the thread pops up every offseason of when will Spurrier call it quits, or who will replace him, but he made it a note to tell this guy from NC that he will be here as long as he plays QB at South Carolina.

Lets look at some stats.
http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/conn...ball-stats.htm

So apparently over 2 seasons with 2 different Varsity teams he passed for a total of: 8533 yards, 111 TDs with only 9 INTs.. completions were 560 out of 922 pass attempts. Not too shabby.

He was also recruited as one of the top Pocket Passing QBs in the 2013 class. He chose South Carolina over Alabama, Auburn, FSU, Florida, LSU, North Carolina, Vanderbilt, Wisconsin, Tennessee and the list goes on and on. That is one heck of a recruiting resume for a QB.

So we got a steal with this guy. He was Redshirted this past season, and now sits at Number 3 I would say on the Depth Chart? Mainly because he has not played a game for us yet, and was in a redshirt year.

Anyways with all that being said, I am high on Connor Mitch. I think having another Connor at the helm next year would be very huge for us. Not just any Connor, because you cannot replace a Connor Shaw. But this kid has showed time and time again he can be a baller.

I look for him to really push for the job of QB in the offseason. Again may the best QB win, but for him I think he really has a shot.

I am far to lazy to write up a resume for Nosee, as well as for DT and certainly Schetchy but I'll bet if you put up the high school accomplishments of these QBs they will be just as impressive as CM's. What we got is a next man up situation at QB. That's nice to have. :woo:

garnet_black215 01-07-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster'srule (Post 4051776)
I am far to lazy to write up a resume for Nosee, as well as for DT and certainly Schetchy but I'll bet if you put up the high school accomplishments of these QBs they will be just as impressive as CM's. What we got is a next man up situation at QB. That's nice to have. :woo:

Nosovitch was a Parade All-American, but that's about all he accomplished in high school.

gamecockguy 01-07-2014 10:33 PM

Idk how my thread about QBs got tagged onto the already started QB discussion thread and this one doesn't...

As far as Mitch playing next year the only chance we've had to see him play is the spring game. It'll be interesting to see how things shake out during spring and fall practices

eta- #TeamNoso

Barry_gamecock 01-07-2014 10:38 PM

Connor Mitch showed great touch on his passes in HS. Thats the biggest thing that stood out to me. Way more touch on his passes than Dylan or Connor had coming in. He also has a good quick release ideal for a QB.

bryarx 01-07-2014 10:40 PM

I saw Connor Mitch throw in fall practice (the first of the 3 open practices). I'm no football scout, but to the naked eye, CM's throws had more zip on them than anyone's. The passes were noticeably faster, and equally as accurate. I fully expect CM to play meaningful time next year, but not in a starting role to start the season.

yazoo 01-07-2014 10:43 PM

I like the way Noso ran the ball around the goal line in mop up duty. He seems to have a QB heart. That is a huge advantage for Noso.

cockfight21 01-07-2014 10:44 PM

Nos is a beast, i could see DT Nos and Mitch all getting minutes. But, DT will be the main guy I'm sure

MWard 01-07-2014 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnet_black215 (Post 4051781)
Nosovitch was a Parade All-American, but that's about all he accomplished in high school.

I feel old. I remember when that was THE award and there wasn't anything perceived higher.

garnet_black215 01-07-2014 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWard (Post 4051813)
I feel old. I remember when that was THE award and there wasn't anything perceived higher.

Well, that was an attempt at sarcasm on my part. Any type of All-American award is impressive.