CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Final QB Ratings - Connor #15 Guess Who #17 (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202966)

b381l 01-08-2014 01:47 PM

Final QB Ratings - Connor #15 Guess Who #17
 
http://espn.go.com/ncf/qbr

These are the final 2013 QB ratings. Connor ends up #15 which is very good especially when you look at those above him. However, please allow me to draw your attention to #17. These ratings are calculated, not opinionated. I'll give you a hint, his initials are TB.

:thumbsup:

kingoftheroost 01-08-2014 01:49 PM

Re: Final QB Ratings - Connor #15 Guess Who #17
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by b381l (Post 4052312)
http://espn.go.com/ncf/qbr

These are the final 2013 QB ratings. Connor ends up #15 which is very good especially when you look at those above him. However, please allow me to draw your attention to #17. These ratings are calculated, not opinionated. I'll give you a hint, his initials are TB.

:thumbsup:

Tommy Bowden played QB?

Garnet Gamecock 01-08-2014 02:00 PM

Re: Final QB Ratings - Connor #15 Guess Who #17
 
Get this over to Smack Talk, STAT!

This is awesome news!

Those kadiddlehoppers will try to conjure some type of excuse, trust me.

Garnet Gamecock 01-08-2014 02:01 PM

Re: Final QB Ratings - Connor #15 Guess Who #17
 
His greatness is becoming more and more apparent.

Get this over to Smack Talk, STAT!

This is awesome news!

Those kadiddlehoppers will try to conjure some type of excuse, trust me.

b381l 01-08-2014 02:36 PM

Re: Final QB Ratings - Connor #15 Guess Who #17
 
I hear you, but I didn't intend for it to be there. This is a very legitimate calculated way to determine the rankings of QB.....and Connor has been proven to be better than Boyd this year.

Garnet Gamecock 01-08-2014 02:49 PM

Re: Final QB Ratings - Connor #15 Guess Who #17
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by b381l (Post 4052394)
I hear you, but I didn't intend for it to be there. This is a very legitimate calculated way to determine the rankings of QB.....and Connor has been proven to be better than Boyd this year.

Right, it belongs here, though the mod will probably move it.

This is going to really drive the Kadiddlehoppers nuts!

Roosterboy 01-08-2014 02:56 PM

Re: Final QB Ratings - Connor #15 Guess Who #17
 
Dak Prescott and Nick Marshall surprised me..not known for their throwing ability.

Good for Connor.
This list also is the beginning of many fans realizing just how good Connor is.
We will see a drop off next year at QB...but I don't think it will be a huge drop (probably more INTs).

G&B 01-08-2014 03:00 PM

Re: Final QB Ratings - Connor #15 Guess Who #17
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by b381l (Post 4052312)
http://espn.go.com/ncf/qbr

These are the final 2013 QB ratings. Connor ends up #15 which is very good especially when you look at those above him. However, please allow me to draw your attention to #17. These ratings are calculated, not opinionated. I'll give you a hint, his initials are TB.

:thumbsup:


Quote:

Originally Posted by kingoftheroost (Post 4052316)
Tommy Bowden played QB?



Terry Bradshaw?

Thenardier 01-08-2014 04:24 PM

Re: Final QB Ratings - Connor #15 Guess Who #17
 
Woo Nick Marshall #9 and #1 returning SEC QB

Clowneygotcha 01-08-2014 04:30 PM

Re: Final QB Ratings - Connor #15 Guess Who #17
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4052572)
Woo Nick Marshall #9 and #1 returning SEC QB

If you look at it he is more of a running back than an QB. But I did see his passing improve as the season neared its end.

2000grad 01-08-2014 04:35 PM

Re: Final QB Ratings - Connor #15 Guess Who #17
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock (Post 4052329)
His greatness is becoming more and more apparent.

Get this over to Smack Talk, STAT!

This is awesome news!

Those kadiddlehoppers will try to conjure some type of excuse, trust me.

Red Skelton fan?

2000grad 01-08-2014 04:36 PM

Re: Final QB Ratings - Connor #15 Guess Who #17
 
Marshall is a system QB

Spurticus 01-08-2014 04:42 PM

Re: Final QB Ratings - Connor #15 Guess Who #17
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock (Post 4052329)
His greatness is becoming more and more apparent.

Get this over to Smack Talk, STAT!

This is awesome news!

Those kadiddlehoppers will try to conjure some type of excuse, trust me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock (Post 4052416)
Right, it belongs here, though the mod will probably move it.

This is going to really drive the Kadiddlehoppers nuts!

Plese feel free to start a thread on it in the Smack Forum if you'd like.
I'm sure the Clemson fans would love to give you an opinion on it

:grin:

Spurticus 01-08-2014 04:44 PM

Re: Final QB Ratings - Connor #15 Guess Who #17
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock (Post 4052416)
Right, it belongs here, though the mod will probably move it.

This is going to really drive the Kadiddlehoppers nuts!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000grad (Post 4052594)
Red Skelton fan?


For some reason, that never came to mind, but it's brilliant !

CLEMSON KADIDDLEHOPPER

:lol:

HeadCockFan 01-08-2014 04:45 PM

Re: Final QB Ratings - Connor #15 Guess Who #17
 
Marshall is a great college qb, no matter what category you put him in. If you don't have a rocket arm and wisconsin's o-line, you need a qb who can run a bit in college these days. That's just the way it is. Don't ask me why.

Even winston, who had the arm and o line, ran the ball when it counted.

schlemiel 01-08-2014 05:34 PM

Re: Final QB Ratings - Connor #15 Guess Who #17
 
QBR is a really bad measurement for a lot of reasons. He finished 10th in the country in passer rating and only threw one pick all season. He has great stats and we already know how great he is at qualitative stuff that QBR tries to measure.

LawyerLarry 01-08-2014 06:04 PM

Re: Final QB Ratings - Connor #15 Guess Who #17
 
Those rankings have no credibility. I guess the author isn't aware that Connor threw 20-something touchdowns and only 1 interception. As far as I know, no other QB performed that well all year. If the rankings were legitimate, Connor would be #1.

kingoftheroost 01-08-2014 06:06 PM

Re: Final QB Ratings - Connor #15 Guess Who #17
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawyerLarry (Post 4052709)
Those rankings have no credibility. I guess the author isn't aware that Connor threw 20-something touchdowns and only 1 interception. As far as I know, no other QB performed that well all year. If the rankings were legitimate, Connor would be #1.

I think Mariota only threw one interception as well, but he had more TD passes.

EDIT: According to ESPN, Mariota ended up throwing 4 interceptions. I didn't realize that.

LawyerLarry 01-08-2014 06:08 PM

Re: Final QB Ratings - Connor #15 Guess Who #17
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingoftheroost (Post 4052713)
I think Mariota only threw one interception as well, but he had more TD passes.

My mistake. I only watch SEC football. Connor also had rushing touchdowns and even a receiving touchdown too, though.

peterlemon 01-08-2014 06:08 PM

Re: Final QB Ratings - Connor #15 Guess Who #17
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingoftheroost (Post 4052713)
I think Mariota only threw one interception as well, but he had more TD passes.

He ended up throwing 4 interceptions this year.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.