CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Clowney Thank You Letter (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202974)

gamecockphan 01-08-2014 03:07 PM

Clowney Thank You Letter

SIAP...

Quote:

To all of my Family at the University of South Carolina, Fans, Coaches, Media, and above all my Teammates,

I want to thank all of you for the love and support that you have shown me in my years at the University of South Carolina. I have been blessed to have attended the University of South Carolina, and I will forever be a Gamecock.
Full letter here..

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/01/0...of-thanks.html

Daniel Plainview 01-08-2014 03:10 PM

Re: Clowney Thank You Letter

Awesome. Best of luck to #7 at the next level.

Daniel Plainview 01-08-2014 03:16 PM

OP, are you a fan of the four from Vermont?

92Pony 01-08-2014 03:21 PM

I still remember where I was, watching on 2/14 when he announced for the Gamecocks. SO hard to believe that his time here is over!!

Now, looking forward to watching him for a long time in the League!

sandstorm2001 01-08-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92Pony (Post 4052464)
I still remember where I was, watching on 2/14 when he announced for the Gamecocks. SO hard to believe that his time here is over!!

I was supposed to be in class but I skipped the beginning portion to watch in the computer lab in the School of Music. Didn't realize we had a quiz that day and I missed it, but my teacher let me make it up later that day. Would have failed it without the study time. Thanks JD!!!!

sparklecityspur 01-08-2014 04:00 PM

I was watching ESPN and on this thread right here....

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=84288

Clowneygotcha 01-08-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparklecityspur (Post 4052525)
I was watching ESPN and on this thread right here....

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=84288

WOW 543 pages? Is that a record lol

uscGRAD04 01-08-2014 04:30 PM

Just went back and re-read some of that thread. Clowney has been working over Clemson for a while.

GTjacketcock 01-08-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 (Post 4052474)
I was supposed to be in class but I skipped the beginning portion to watch in the computer lab in the School of Music. Didn't realize we had a quiz that day and I missed it, but my teacher let me make it up later that day. Would have failed it without the study time. Thanks JD!!!!

I hadn't skipped or been late to a class my entire freshman year until Clowney's announcement. That Monday morning I had a 10:10 Chemistry class and I skipped the beginning of it to watch the commitment in my dorm with my roommates. Thankfully I was in the Honors Dorm and my class was in Jones so I wasn't too late, but everyone in the class was barely paying attention to the professor because we were all so excited. I can't believe he's already declaring for the draft when it seems like just last week I was watching him commit.

sc455 01-08-2014 04:57 PM

clowney is the first player I can recall that opponents built a specific gameplan around in order to account for his whereabouts. the guy was amazingly disruptive and didn't get an iota of the credit he deserved this year.

he disrupted plays all year. he didn't get the sacks but he surely pressured the heck out of the qbs and forced them into decisions they would not have normally made.

CockyCody 01-08-2014 05:20 PM

:wink:We have certainly been blessed with class acts! Thanks to all of them!! Good luck JD!!! I sure hope you are around long enough for the Falcons to snag you!!!

Cockypantherfan 01-08-2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92Pony (Post 4052464)

I remember too. I was in the business building's computer lab on the bottom floor doing some work or something before class... and eagerly awaiting JD's announcement.

COCKYWOOD 01-08-2014 05:35 PM

:woo::woo::woo: Thank you for being a Gamecock ! Now release the beast and start breaking records. :wink::wink::wink:

gocockswyn 01-08-2014 08:33 PM

We will definitely miss Mr. Clowney. When he committed to USC on Valentines Day, I could not have been happier. Good luck to you and we will love watching you in your next level of football.

atlcocky 01-08-2014 09:17 PM

Thanks for being a Gamecock, JD! Can't wait to see you play on Sunday. That's proof right there that he picked a good agent. Very media savvy to send that letter.

GSC2013 01-09-2014 01:40 AM

He gave USC as much national exposure with 1 hit than all our 11 win seasons combined have. Seriously. Think about it:

A star recruit in California right now. If Clowney didn't have "The Hit", how much would he know about USC? He may have seen USC in the rankings. May have seen one of the bowl games. But to him, we'd be no different than Va Tech or App State. A team he kinda hear of way out East, but, didn't know much else about.

With 1 play, Clowney made EVERY football player in the nation remember South Carolina, and the team's image will forever be marked in people's memory from that play.

Little things like that add up to build a program.

Spur's Addiction 01-09-2014 09:08 AM

Nice - thanks for sharing

gamecockphan 01-09-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Plainview (Post 4052456)
OP, are you a fan of the four from Vermont?

Yes

CockOla 01-09-2014 10:05 AM

What a class-act!
Best wishes to JD Clowney for the very best of luck, health, love, joy, and success in all his future undertakings.
I'll continue to root for #7 in the NFL regardless of which team selects him.

Go Clowney, Go Cocks!!!

Daniel Plainview 01-09-2014 12:22 PM

Cheers. My 1st show was 94 at Township, although I live far away from Columbia now. Good to see another phan around these parts.