CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=202997)

b381l 01-09-2014 01:00 AM

Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU
 
http://tracking.si.com/2014/01/08/ja...plans-lawsuit/

Well that didn't take long.

The attorney for the woman who accused Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston of rape said her client plans to file a civil lawsuit against the Heisman Trophy winner, the Tallahassee Police Department and possibly Florida State University.

Pat Carroll, representing the woman who claims Winston raped her in December 2012, told ABC News: I want heads to roll.

That seems like a inflammatory statement to me......I guess she wants to kick some ass.

ktguen 01-09-2014 01:22 AM

Re: Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU
 
If she feels like she has the grounds (and if he really did get away with rape) then good for her.

robgusc76 01-09-2014 01:27 AM

Re: Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU
 
He really does strike me as an arrogant prick.

ReadR00ster 01-09-2014 01:44 AM

Re: Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU
 
That is one gold digging hoe ----> http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225...0SIUCAJt3g.jpg

ConwayGamecock 01-09-2014 02:00 AM

Re: Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by robgusc76 (Post 4053239)
He really does strike me as an arrogant prick.

Were you conscious at this time?

Acockolypse Now 01-09-2014 02:50 AM

Re: Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU
 
Everyone that was there that night raise your hand and pass judgement.

No?

Anyone?

OK, enjoy your strongly held opinions anyway.

usc90grad 01-09-2014 09:22 AM

Re: Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by robgusc76 (Post 4053239)
He really does strike me as an arrogant prick.

Who barely has a grasp of the English language.

Gamecock_Aholic 01-09-2014 09:43 AM

Re: Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc90grad (Post 4053314)
Who barely has a grasp of the English language.

Well, so does half this country.

SC Tag 01-09-2014 10:17 AM

Re: Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc90grad (Post 4053314)
Who barely has a grasp of the English language.

Jameis Winston is one of the best football players in the world. Please tell us more about what you are good at...

SC Tag 01-09-2014 10:19 AM

Re: Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by robgusc76 (Post 4053239)
He really does strike me as an arrogant prick.

You probably would be to, if millions of people hung on every word that came out of your mouth.

wumarshall82 01-09-2014 11:57 AM

Re: Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU
 
It is much easier to win in Civil Court. It's basically a monetary thing for her now. All they basically have to do is prove that they were together, which is the case. She should probably try holding this up in court for another year until he gets in the NFL though.

Total crap.

ScottK 01-09-2014 11:58 AM

Re: Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU
 
Anyone here read the investigation documents posted a while back?

wumarshall82 01-09-2014 12:00 PM

Re: Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Tag (Post 4053335)
Jameis Winston is one of the best football players in the world. Please tell us more about what you are good at...

Yeah I don't get the entire, I can't understand him thing or is that English? I guess people don't realize that these players come from all over the country where dialects are not native to the area they are playing in or the country is used to. I can personally understand him and he is a very energetic, happy communicator which makes his words run at times without a lot of pause in between. He is a country boy from Alabama that can ball. Seems like a good guy.

2000grad 01-09-2014 12:02 PM

Re: Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wumarshall82 (Post 4053444)
It is much easier to win in Civil Court. It's basically a monetary thing for her now. All they basically have to do is prove that they were together, which is the case. She should probably try holding this up in court for another year until he gets in the NFL though.

Total crap.

Most NEVER go to court...there is a small settlement

wumarshall82 01-09-2014 12:04 PM

Re: Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000grad (Post 4053454)
Most NEVER go to court...there is a small settlement

Still sucks. I just heard after he was initially cleared that they will probably still go to civil court and she has a good chance to win. Hopefully it works out.

Lalli25 01-09-2014 12:05 PM

Re: Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Tag (Post 4053335)
Jameis Winston is one of the best football players in the world. Please tell us more about what you are good at...

Exaggerate much? If you said one of the most overrated football players in the world, than you'd be spot on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Tag (Post 4053336)
You probably would be to, if millions of people hung on every word that came out of your mouth.

Yet there are countless other famous college athletes who don't come across nearly as arrogant.

mpilot0705 01-09-2014 12:08 PM

Re: Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottK (Post 4053445)
Anyone here read the investigation documents posted a while back?

I read them. No doubt there was more up in Tallahassee and there was some sort of butt covering going on. Whether it be a cover for him or a cover for the PD not doing their job there is something fishy going on. The part of the report that struck me the most was that the two "witnesses" gave identical statements. I don't mean like identical as in the same story I mean identical as in a good bit of them were word for word the exact same. To me that screams of a coverup. Another thing that struck me odd was the basis of using her lack of consistency as a reason to dismiss. If you know anything about the brain/memory you know how quickly memories degrade, even traumatic ones like this. That's the reason law enforcement wants to interview all witnesses immediately after a crime. Its not a surprise to most logical people that her story may have changed slightly in the last year or so. If you don't believe me write down something that happened to you on a piece of paper. Then, come back in a year, write it down again, and compare the two. There will be things added and taken out all over the place.

Also it appears the tests for date rape drugs wasn't as thorough as it should have been (that's from what I read elsewhere...not my own research.)

Lalli25 01-09-2014 12:11 PM

Re: Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mpilot0705 (Post 4053463)
I read them. No doubt there was more up in Tallahassee and there was some sort of butt covering going on. Whether it be a cover for him or a cover for the PD not doing their job there is something fishy going on. The part of the report that struck me the most was that the two "witnesses" gave identical statements. I don't mean like identical as in the same story I mean identical as in a good bit of them were word for word the exact same. To me that screams of a coverup. Another thing that struck me odd was the basis of using her lack of consistency as a reason to dismiss. If you know anything about the brain/memory you know how quickly memories degrade, even traumatic ones like this. That's the reason law enforcement wants to interview all witnesses immediately after a crime. Its not a surprise to most logical people that her story may have changed slightly in the last year or so. If you don't believe me write down something that happened to you on a piece of paper. Then, come back in a year, write it down again, and compare the two. There will be things added and taken out all over the place.

Also it appears the tests for date rape drugs wasn't as thorough as it should have been (that's from what I read elsewhere...not my own research.)

That's why a good lawyer will tell you to write down your story asap so that you can have it as a reference to not forget portions of it and it will remain consistent.

usc90grad 01-09-2014 12:37 PM

Re: Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000grad (Post 4053454)
Most NEVER go to court...there is a small settlement

Exactly. And I think she has a case against the TPD. They ignored the whole thing until TMZ reported it.

roosterdude21 01-09-2014 12:49 PM

Re: Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU
 
The timing and the fact that the case was suspended for a year bc she wasn't sure if she wanted to pursue charges will prove pivotal.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.